Deaths Of HAC Students

Bravo said:
Michael (Mike) Larsen just passed away. Heart attack, 30 years old. His father was Steve Larsen I believe.

Do you have any more info on this? I knew Steve Larson well and his family. I kind of lost track when they went to Guyana. Don't know where they are now.

myeyesareopen said:
Thank you I did not they had left fbc...

I do not know Iva personally but everyone "knew" Iva. Yes, they left FBC somewhere in the last year. Do you know that someone from FBC told Iva that the reason she was sick / dying was because she left FBC? Iva wouldn't say who said that to her, but just relayed the appallingly ridiculously insensitive remark to a close friend, who relayed it to us. Honestly, what can you even say...there are no words. To think she had to hear that. I just pray that the heavenly perspective she was gaining put these earthly idiocies into their rightful place in her mind. Which is, nowhere.

I am so sorry.

We have some who are still locked in the US against them world.

myeyesareopen said:

someone from FBC told Iva that the reason she was sick / dying was because she left FBC?

Not surprised at all....

Their departure from the schools and the church was providential in timing.  They have been blessed and a blessing to others since they left.  The person that would make such statements has no faith in God, but in an institution.

myeyesareopen said:

I do not know Iva personally but everyone "knew" Iva. Yes, they left FBC somewhere in the last year. Do you know that someone from FBC told Iva that the reason she was sick / dying was because she left FBC? Iva wouldn't say who said that to her, but just relayed the appallingly ridiculously insensitive remark to a close friend, who relayed it to us. Honestly, what can you even say...there are no words. To think she had to hear that. I just pray that the heavenly perspective she was gaining put these earthly idiocies into their rightful place in her mind. Which is, nowhere.

I have never been one to say that fbch is a cult. But, something like this kind of makes me wonder if I am right.

Sadly someone told me the reason I lost my baby was because of sin in my life.... it was all I could to walk away shaking my head....I've looked for her obit but haven't found it....Iva is smiling and praising God...

Sherryh said:
Sadly someone told me the reason I lost my baby was because of sin in my life.... it was all I could to walk away shaking my head....I've looked for her obit but haven't found it....Iva is smiling and praising God...

I am so sorry, Sherry.  It makes me so sad that anyone - let alone a so-called Christian - could be so insensitive and unkind. 

I was at a teachers conference and I walked out the door and Dan Burrell said she just ruled out half of the women in this country... he said is that going to stop you it hasn't. I've always tried to guard my tongue which is so hard. thank you patriot

I didn't see her name... maybe I missed it... Please add Daneen LaRue... she was killed in a car accident in the 80's during Christmas break... She was such a genuinely sweet person.

recoveringhylander said:
I didn't see her name... maybe I missed it... Please add Daneen LaRue... she was killed in a car accident in the 80's during Christmas break... She was such a genuinely sweet person.
I will add her when I get to a PC.

Also, Bill Boyd passed away recently. He was in poor health as a result of his paralysis.

recoveringhylander said:

Such a nice lady.
Devastating.
Christmas Break - her senior year 1984 - 85

Chad Lewis passed away several years ago. Not sure what year he graduated from HAC. He was a good man.

recoveringhylander said:

I didn't attend HAC but got to know Daneen one summer when we both worked as counselors at the Bill Rice Ranch.  (Along with another girl named Janell, but I don't remember her last name).  She was so sweet and so much fun!  That was the summer of '82, I think, or possibly '83.

Heard this weekend that Dan Vaughn passed away.  He was in the early years of HAC.

According to family, he had bacterial pneumonia and sepsis.  They also found a spot on his lung.  They wanted to do surgery but he wasn't stable enough.

I don't remember him much, but other friends I went to school with informed me on FB. 

Did he pastor in Riverside CA?

Dan Vaughn was in school when I was there ....praying for his family