Deaths Of HAC Students

I love FindaGrave - I leave "flowers" there all the time.  Is that weird? :-\

Least of These said:
I love FindaGrave - I leave "flowers" there all the time.  Is that weird? :-\

No. It makes the family feel better.

Just heard that Jewel Belson passed away last weekend from a heart attack.  The sad thing was she had no one that survived her.  Her entire family had passed before her and there were no funeral services.  She was 63 years old. 

Still There said:
Her entire family had passed before her and there were no funeral services.
Still bet she had a service though.  Just not on this side of the veil.

Still There said:
Just heard that Jewel Belson passed away last weekend from a heart attack.  The sad thing was she had no one that survived her.  Her entire family had passed before her and there were no funeral services.  She was 63 years old.
She was just "Miss Belson" to us HB brats.

Added David Carpenter, longtime staff member, he was Dean of Men when I was a student. Think he was in debt collection before he left HAC.

qwerty said:
Added David Carpenter, longtime staff member, he was Dean of Men when I was a student. Think he was in debt collection before he left HAC.

How in the heck did he go from Dean of Men to Debt Collector?

WESLEY said:
qwerty said:

How in the heck did he go from Dean of Men to Debt Collector?
Schaap had a friend, whose name was Cassada. They were both pilots. The men's dorms slid downhill fast after that.

qwerty said:
Did David Carpenter pass away?

Binaca Chugger said:
qwerty said:
Yes this morning.

Binaca Chugger said:
qwerty said:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155917358905136&substory_index=0&id=164205510135

"Please be in prayer for the family of long-time Hyles-Anderson College staff member, Bro. Dave Carpenter. Bro. Carpenter went home to Heaven early this morning. He was the Dean of Men at Hyles-Anderson College for many years and invested his life into thousands of young men from all over the world. Please remember his dear wife, Patsy, and their five children in prayer at this time."

He was a good man.  Strict to the rule but really cared.  He was our referee for wrestling at HB.  I went on teen soul winning with his son and graduated HB with his daughter.  Bro. Carpenter spent his life trying to help young men make it through Bible college.  He never made any money, but wanted to help people.  He was a good role model, a fine Christian and a good dad.  He had an impact on my life.  My condolences to the family.

praying for this dear family!!

Binaca Chugger said:
He was a good man.  Strict to the rule but really cared.  He was our referee for wrestling at HB.  I went on teen soul winning with his sin and graduated HB with his daughter.  Bro. Carpenter spent his life trying to help young men make it through Bible college.  He never made any money, but wanted to help people.  He was a good role model, a fine Christian and a good dad.  He had an impact on my life.  My condolences to the family.

It's always a pleasure to hear something good about HAC people.

Definitely one of the good guys!

Funny story about Brother Carpenter.  Several years ago I took a young man to visit HAC.  I had graduated 20 years before this time.  I saw Brother Carpenter and he and I talked for several minutes.  All of a sudden he said, "Are you still friends with _______________".  I told him that the fellow was in my wedding, but I hadn't seen him for several years.  He said, "If you find our where he is living please give me his address.  He still owes money to the college".  I couldn't believe it.  I said, "I can't believe you are still trying to collect on a 20 year old college debt".  His reply, "Yep!  We don't give up easy".  :)

Binaca Chugger said:
He was a good man.  Strict to the rule but really cared.  He was our referee for wrestling at HB.  I went on teen soul winning with his son and graduated HB with his daughter.  Bro. Carpenter spent his life trying to help young men make it through Bible college.  He never made any money, but wanted to help people.  He was a good role model, a fine Christian and a good dad.  He had an impact on my life.  My condolences to the family.

Perfect description of him and his heart.

Thanks!