Demons and demon possession

On a philosophical level, I reject all claims of atheism/agnosticism. In other words, I don’t believe humans can truly not believe in God. People may differ on their interpretations of God, or how to follow Him, or people may rebel or suppress God, but I believe we are hardwired to know Truth.

I thought demons not only believe in God, but tremble. How would a demon cause my agnosticism?

I'm not trying to be difficult, but I don't understand what either of you are saying.

Could you help me?

I thought demons not only believe in God, but tremble. How would a demon cause my agnosticism?
I'm going through the book of Job right now. If one thing is abundantly clear, it is that Satan and by extension, his minions do nothing apart from God's permission.

I was a new believer during the "satanic panic" of the early 80s and got a bit caught up in it. As the stories got wilder, (to wit, Mike Warnke's "testimony") I became skeptical. I actually read the preface of Anton LaVey's Satanic Bible at one point and was left with the definite impression that the best way to "serve" Satan is to simply follow human nature. Be your own boss.

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? - Jeremiah 17:9

I believe Satan and his minions receive a lot of credit not due to them. We humans do plenty of his work just by following our natural instincts. Yes he is active, whispering lies to any who will give him ear; he's always skewing the truth and "accusing the brethren" but that's pretty much it.

As for agnosticism, it's a state of the heart. One thing I've learned from reading your posts, is no two agnostics are the same. Why you believe what you believe or what truths you question, I cannot say but I certainly wouldn't give Satan nor his minions any credit.

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. - Hebrews 11:6

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. - Roman's 10:17

Whatever your beliefs, again, I would commend the whole Word of God to you. There is no way I would ever be able to say where your heart is other than what is common to all but God's Word will show you.

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. - Hebrews 4:12

I'm not trying to be difficult, but I don't understand what either of you are saying.

Could you help me?
I’m saying that you have admitted to having a sincere confession of sin and acceptance of Christ. So, unless you are lying and you were faking your conversion to Jesus, then you are a Christian. Plenty of people accept Christ as savior and then later in life choose to live in a state of rebellion. That doesn’t erase your salvation, it just makes you a saved sinner living against God’s will. Oh…and God has a way of dealing with his followers who do that…just saying.

Huk, I'd prefer we did not turn this into a soteriological argument with Gringo caught in the middle but when a man says he is not (or is no longer) a believer in Christ, I tend to believe his testimony and will not try to convince him otherwise! Perhaps his continued interest is evidence of something yet underlying and I do hope this to be the case. He is not a scoffer so I am thankful for that and I am glad he is here interacting with us and asking questions!

Since he is a professing "Non-believer," I will treat him as such. He will have my respect, I will answer questions when I can, will plead with him to "Trust Christ" and will continue to pray for his salvation!

There is a huge problem with the haphazard "Soul-winning" tactics often employed by many in the extreme IFB world and far too often we see the fruits of such here on the FFF (and even more so on the "Preacher Boys" YouTube podcast) where far too many who have professed Christ at one time and usually because someone had coerced a "Decision" out of them. This also includes a good number of Bible College grads! Ray Comfort speaks much of this with his "Hell's Best Kept Secret" teaching so it is a problem even outside of the IFBx "Funny-Mental-ist" world!

Huk, I'd prefer we did not turn this into a soteriological argument with Gringo caught in the middle but when a man says he is not (or is no longer) a believer in Christ, I tend to believe his testimony and will not try to convince him otherwise!
Out of respect for the fact that you’re older and more experienced in this type of area, I’ll follow your advice, but let me add an explanation.

I’d never attempt to convince someone who is lost that they’re actually saved. Quite frankly, that seems a dangerous game with God. I was just taking what Gringo said at face value about the fact that he genuinely accepted Christ and was sincere at the time. I don’t believe a person loses salvation, but I do believe Christians fall into a sinful lifestyle and can reject God’s Word.

I’d also add I once had a similar path as Gringo. I grew up in a Christian family and a good church. I was warned by Christian leaders (including my dad), that when I went off to a secular college, my faith would be tested. I scoffed at their advice and thought I’d be fine. Well, it certainly didn’t take long before I went from a conservative Christian to a liberal Christian, then a self-proclaimed deist, and ultimately an agnostic. However, regardless of what label I gave myself, I can honestly say at no point in time did I sincerely stop believing in God or my salvation. I was just a young impressionable man who was in full blown rebellion. God didn’t leave me, I just left him.

Huk, I'd prefer we did not turn this into a soteriological argument with Gringo caught in the middle but when a man says he is not (or is no longer) a believer in Christ, I tend to believe his testimony and will not try to convince him otherwise! Perhaps his continued interest is evidence of something yet underlying and I do hope this to be the case. He is not a scoffer so I am thankful for that and I am glad he is here interacting with us and asking questions!

Since he is a professing "Non-believer," I will treat him as such. He will have my respect, I will answer questions when I can, will plead with him to "Trust Christ" and will continue to pray for his salvation!

There is a huge problem with the haphazard "Soul-winning" tactics often employed by many in the extreme IFB world and far too often we see the fruits of such here on the FFF (and even more so on the "Preacher Boys" YouTube podcast) where far too many who have professed Christ at one time and usually because someone had coerced a "Decision" out of them. This also includes a good number of Bible College grads! Ray Comfort speaks much of this with his "Hell's Best Kept Secret" teaching so it is a problem even outside of the IFBx "Funny-Mental-ist" world!
Ray Comfort had a huge impact on my life. I was taught that "soul-winning" was going out getting someone to repeat a prayer. I heard Ray's sermon "Hell's Best Kept Secret" on the radio and was overwhelmed with the truth of what he was saying.

Out of respect for the fact that you’re older and more experienced in this type of area, I’ll follow your advice, but let me add an explanation.

I’d never attempt to convince someone who is lost that they’re actually saved. Quite frankly, that seems a dangerous game with God. I was just taking what Gringo said at face value about the fact that he genuinely accepted Christ and was sincere at the time. I don’t believe a person loses salvation, but I do believe Christians fall into a sinful lifestyle and can reject God’s Word.

I’d also add I once had a similar path as Gringo. I grew up in a Christian family and a good church. I was warned by Christian leaders (including my dad), that when I went off to a secular college, my faith would be tested. I scoffed at their advice and thought I’d be fine. Well, it certainly didn’t take long before I went from a conservative Christian to a liberal Christian, then a self-proclaimed deist, and ultimately an agnostic. However, regardless of what label I gave myself, I can honestly say at no point in time did I sincerely stop believing in God or my salvation. I was just a young impressionable man who was in full blown rebellion. God didn’t leave me, I just left him.
I really appreciate your spirit here and thanks for sharing part of your testimony!

Of course I believe in the eternal security of the believer (better understood as the doctrine of preservation or perseverance). Jesus clearly warns us of those who THINK they are saved but are actually not (Mt 7:21) and we are to "Warn those who are unruly" (1 Th 5:14) as your father and other leaders in your Church warned you. I believe it is the duty of the Church to consider as "Unsaved" anyone who calls themselves "Christian" who CONSISTENTLY live as if they were not saved (Mt 18:15-18)! Lord knows ten years ago I was not walking as a SAVED man nor did I care to speak openly of Christ but God would not allow me to remain where I was and it seems he has done the very same with you! However, had I talked to you during the time you considered yourself "Agnostic," I would've acknowledged you as such and would reason with you in the same manner I have with Gringo. With such a testimony, I am sure you have genuine compassion for our friend here! And who knows, you may very well be right!

So what are you doing now? What have you learned from the "Testing" of your faith? Are you becoming more effective in the ability to "Give an answer" to those who previously challenged your faith?