Do You Have a Favorite Chick Tract or Comic?

Izdaari said:
Castor Muscular said:
rsc2a said:
Castor Muscular said:
Dark%20Dungeons.bmp

That's one of my favorites. :D

I think Chick fans are under a mind bondage spell.

All the years I've played D&D and I've never learned that spell! What a waste!  :eek:

You cast a spell of love on me ;).

Recovering IFB said:
Izdaari said:
Castor Muscular said:
rsc2a said:
Castor Muscular said:

That's one of my favorites. :D

I think Chick fans are under a mind bondage spell.

All the years I've played D&D and I've never learned that spell! What a waste!  :eek:

You cast a spell of love on me ;).

That's cuz you're eeee-ville like me.  :-*

Here's a clue for Chick and his fanbois: D&D spells only work in the game, not in real life, because they're pretend, not real. So, as useful and fun as it might be to be a wizard, that's only in the game. Pretend, not real. It may be true that some people think they can do it in real life, but that's a mental health issue.

Izdaari said:
Here's a clue for Chick and his fanbois: D&D spells only work in the game, not in real life, because they're pretend, not real. So, as useful and fun as it might be to be a wizard, that's only in the game. Pretend, not real. It may be true that some people think they can do it in real life, but that's a mental health issue.

I'm not entering into the defense of chick tracts, from what little I know of them they're not my style of tract, but the last sentence in your paragraph above invites a question.  You think that dabbling in the occult is only a mental health issue and not ever a spiritual one?

ALAYMAN said:
Izdaari said:

I'm not entering into the defense of chick tracts, from what little I know of them they're not my style of tract, but the last sentence in your paragraph above invites a question.  You think that dabbling in the occult is only a mental health issue and not ever a spiritual one?

Are you suggesting that playing D&D is dabbling in the occult?

Castor Muscular said:
ALAYMAN said:
Izdaari said:

That's worse than Blue Oyster Cult
 Select Send now to activate NFL Mobile. Msg charges may apply. 2635 = 2NFL VZW

Recovering IFB said:
Castor Muscular said:
ALAYMAN said:
Izdaari said:

That's worse than Blue Oyster Cult
 Select Send now to activate NFL Mobile. Msg charges may apply. 2635 = 2NFL VZW

They need more cowbell.

Castor Muscular said:

I really don't know.  That's the knock I had heard about such role-playing games.

ALAYMAN said:
Castor Muscular said:

I really don't know.  That's the knock I had heard about such role-playing games.

It's just a game.  If I were going to warn anyone off a game, it would be a Ouija board, which is technically not a game.  But D&D is nothing more than a game.  Anyone who makes it more than that could just as easily twist Go Fish into an occult experience. 

Castor Muscular said:

Only if you play it while watching "Harry Potter" while listening to "Stairway to Heaven" in the background.

FreeToBeMe said:
Castor Muscular said:

Only if you play it while watching "Harry Potter" while listening to "Stairway to Heaven" in the background.

You forgot to play it backwards, at the right speed.

ALAYMAN said:
FreeToBeMe said:
Castor Muscular said:

You forgot to play it backwards, at the right speed.

I played my iPod backward, and I heard a voice say, "I dug up Steve". 

Oooh, that's tasteless. 

Castor Muscular said:
It's just a game.  If I were going to warn anyone off a game, it would be a Ouija board, which is technically not a game.  But D&D is nothing more than a game.  Anyone who makes it more than that could just as easily twist Go Fish into an occult experience.

I was just commenting that there is a very sordid history of associations with the game, some occult charges, and disturbing themes.  To my knowledge, the same couldn't be said about Go Fish. ;)

ALAYMAN said:
Castor Muscular said:

I was just commenting that there is a very sordid history of associations with the game, some occult charges, and disturbing themes.  To my knowledge, the same couldn't be said about Go Fish. ;)

But it could be said about the Church....

ALAYMAN said:
Castor Muscular said:

Did somebody say GO FISH!

http://youtu.be/AoXyk5AFAvs

ALAYMAN said:
Castor Muscular said:

I don't know.  When I was little, I wondered if I could control which card I'd get by wishing or magic.  I used "Go Fish" as a humorous example, but I'm serious that people can twist just about anything. 

ALAYMAN said:
Izdaari said:

No, dabbling in the occult is real, and the spiritual world is real. But D&D has nothing to do with any of that. And any spells one might be able to cast in real life that actually work, they're nothing remotely like D&D spells, and they didn't learn them from playing D&D. I do actually know something about the other kind, but that was stuff I learned while researching the occult. There is no resemblance.

Castor Muscular said:
ALAYMAN said:
Castor Muscular said:

Agreed. Ouija boards are spoooky. I would stay far, far away.

Izdaari said:
Castor Muscular said:
ALAYMAN said:
Castor Muscular said:

Agreed. Ouija boards are spoooky. I would stay far, far away.
What is wrong with ouija? I use to give my little brother one all the time.

Wait a minute! That was a wedgie!

Never mind!

Recovering IFB said:
What is wrong with ouija? I use to give my little brother one all the time.

Wait a minute! That was a wedgie!

Never mind!

It might be ok to give your little brother a wedgie. But using a board to do it might be too harsh.

Did anyone say "Death Cookie"?

That one will make any Catholic fall to their knees in repentance!