Drove by the ol compound

RedRover01 said:
I think we are the only people who post on here!!  I only got on here to see what the drama was.  Being nosey. Keep seeing people on FB making vague comments. Lol. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are others but they don't post as often. But as I am sure you know from your time there most people there are not up to saying much in social media. So all you get is little remarks here and there but eventually you start to see them taking pictures at events going on at their new church and kind of put the pieces together.

RedRover01 said:
I'm kinda curious to know who y'all are. Lol

That is why this place is so curious :)

Just me said:
RedRover01 said:
Really??  It's that small???

Yes it really is.  When you were a student the college was running 175 to 200 students or thereabout.  After the fallout from the accusations of Dr. V's behavior with females the numbers started to decrease.  Then Dr. V went into fight mode against Islam/muslims and the numbers started falling faster.  Staff started departing for various reasons and it started to drop even faster.  That all started excellerating after Dr. V stepped aside and turned it over to Tom.  Now Tom is alleged to have had indescretions occur and a mass exodus has occured.

When I drove by their parking lot Sunday morning during the morning service I saw about 4 vehicles in the lot.  Way way way way down from last winter even last winter.  I will be totally surprised if they have 15 college students this Fall.  Even more surprised if the Christian school makes it another 2 years.

Bottom line, in my opinion, is that you cannot treat people the way some IFB churches do and expect to last long term.  The chickens come home to roost eventually!!!

The last big freshman class we 2002-2003 school year then it began to head down hill. This year for the North/South contest they had all of 9 or 10 preaches total both sides put together and most of them graduated this year.

The school is going to be in a big bind for a number of reasons:
1. Heartland started their own school
2. They lost most of their staff to include their principal and sports director
3. Many of the members who had their kids in the school have now also left

Wasn't Tony Keeton principal??  I'd be über über shocked if he left!!

Is Dr Van Manen still there?? And the Finns??  And the Jones and Alcons??  Those families have been there a lifetime!!  I'm not sure what they would do or if they would even be able to get jobs somewhere else.

RedRover01 said:
Wasn't Tony Keeton principal??  I'd be über über shocked if he left!!

Well be uber uber shocked.  He was the principle and when Bro Ross left he became the Youth Director.  Well he recently stepped aside from both positions.

The Finns are still there.
Alcons still there
Van Mannen still there
Jones still there
Hearrons still there

Gone are the:
Fisks
Elliots
Kellys
Lageres
Crabtrees
Blanchards
Wessons
Cox
Craigheads
Larsons

and a slew of other families and teachers in the school and colege

Ãœber über shocked!!  Wasn't Melissa Vineyard a Keeton?? 

Sad the Alcons and Jones have not left. Liked both of them. Most of the gone list have been gone for a while. Except maybe the Wessons and Craigheads.

Did Andy Busch still work there??

RedRover01 said:
Ãœber über shocked!!  Wasn't Melissa Vineyard a Keeton?? 

Sad the Alcons and Jones have not left. Liked both of them. Most of the gone list have been gone for a while. Except maybe the Wessons and Craigheads.

Did Andy Busch still work there??

Yes Melissa was a Keeton.  Sure that is awkward at best.  Thanksgiving will be a mess!!  LOL

Bro Busch moved on also.

On the gone list, half of them mentioned were there this last semester in the school and college.  They just all recently resigned over the current situation.

Go cruise around the church web page: www.windsorhills.org

Noticed the school website had been redone. No teachers were listed.

RedRover01 said:
Noticed the school website had been redone. No teachers were listed.

That is the point.  Do not know if there are any remaining teachers to list.

And as JustABigKid posted:
"The school is going to be in a big bind for a number of reasons:
1. Heartland started their own school
2. They lost most of their staff to include their principal and sports director
3. Many of the members who had their kids in the school have now also left"

Wessons, Legeres, Keetons, Cox's, Craigheads, Larsons, Burkes, Gallardos left recently.

Trimbles pulled their kids, as did the Lalmans.

ItinerantPreacher said:
Wessons, Legeres, Keetons, Cox's, Craigheads, Larsons, Burkes, Gallardos left recently.

All were staff/teachers/families that gave long term stability for the church/collegeand school and are now gone.

Just me said:
ItinerantPreacher said:

All were staff/teachers/families that gave long term stability for the church/collegeand school and are now gone.
Yes, school and college will struggle without them.

That is what happens when a pastor thinks and acts like he is a God. They always taught up there that the church was the people not the building but when they asked Tommy Boy to step down for his indiscretions with over 14 women he refused and told them if they don't like it they can leave because he is staying. Well we are seeing what choice they all made. Soon he will go bankrupt and have to sell Windsor in the Wilds and the property on 23rd.

I always wondered how JV was not taking a salary to help the churches finances and then turns around and buys a $250,000 home, sounds like someone was skimming the funds.

I think servicing the debt is going to become a huge issue. They could reach critical mass where the tithes and offerings combined wont service the debt load.

Families I missed. Whittingtons and Birchetts

And the Craigheads are still there. He re-signed from the school she is still working in the office.

Wow.  Those are families who have been there over 35 years -- referring to the Birchetts and the Coxs.  I'm sure this is not something they did lightly. There's a lot of history there. Had to be a hard bridge to burn.

ItinerantPreacher said:
I think servicing the debt is going to become a huge issue. They could reach critical mass where the tithes and offerings combined wont service the debt load.

You are absolutely correct on the debt issue.  At a time when the college had nearly 100 students they were struggling to pay just the monthly interest on the debt.  There is no chance of them being able to service debt with all the people leaving that place. 

It is the missionaries tithes and offerings that is carrying them right now.  And they are starting to change from WHBC to other churches as their sending church.  Once that ship fully sails.... Bye bye Tommy Boy

They brag about supporting over 450 missionaries, but many of the missionaries I have communicated with do not receive monthly support. Some have not received any support for over a year.

How can they make the claim they support so many missionaries when they are not sending any money to them? This is another example of their lies they tell to make them look like they are really doing something for God.

When I found this out I stopped giving to missions while I was there because I had good reason to believe that the money was going to fund JV trips to Israel and buy the IDF pizza when he went over there. This was according to one of his secretaries whose husband was fooling around with a college student and was fired and then rehired several years later.

TruthBearer said:
.........This was according to one of his secretaries whose husband was fooling around with a college student and was fired and then rehired several years later.

This is a badge of honor in the Vineyard world because that man is now a true puppet and will do anything commanded by the king.  As was evidenced upon his return and time in the kingdom