Drove by the ol compound

Just me said:
TruthBearer said:
.........This was according to one of his secretaries whose husband was fooling around with a college student and was fired and then rehired several years later.

This is a badge of honor in the Vineyard world because that man is now a true puppet and will do anything commanded by the king.  As was evidenced upon his return and time in the kingdom
Curious as to who this was. PM if you care to share. I have suspicions missions funds are being directed towards debt control. My suspicion is not baseless, but my information is sketchy.

ItinerantPreacher said:
Just me said:
TruthBearer said:
.........This was according to one of his secretaries whose husband was fooling around with a college student and was fired and then rehired several years later.

This is a badge of honor in the Vineyard world because that man is now a true puppet and will do anything commanded by the king.  As was evidenced upon his return and time in the kingdom
Curious as to who this was. PM if you care to share. I have suspicions missions funds are being directed towards debt control. My suspicion is not baseless, but my information is sketchy.

Honestly it wouldn't surprise me at all that this is happening. The college has been running in the red since I was in college so I am sure that funds were redirected then too. I remember one year while in the basketball program the players went out and raised money to keep it going. We raised at least $300 each which would have been about $3000 or more for the program. Half way through the season we were told they were cancelling because they did not have the funds to keep it going. We asked what happened to the money we raised but got no response.

JustABigKid said:
ItinerantPreacher said:
Just me said:
TruthBearer said:

Honestly it wouldn't surprise me at all that this is happening. The college has been running in the red since I was in college so I am sure that funds were redirected then too. I remember one year while in the basketball program the players went out and raised money to keep it going. We raised at least $300 each which would have been about $3000 or more for the program. Half way through the season we were told they were cancelling because they did not have the funds to keep it going. We asked what happened to the money we raised but got no response.

Vineyard had to pay for the full page adds in the Oklahoman against Islam somehow!!  They cost like $55,000 each and he put out several of them over the years.  Just consider your basketball team helping the cause and remember that how the funds are spent was "not in your circle!!"  lol what a joke

Just me said:
JustABigKid said:
ItinerantPreacher said:
Just me said:
TruthBearer said:

Vineyard had to pay for the full page adds in the Oklahoman against Islam somehow!!  They cost like $55,000 each and he put out several of them over the years.  Just consider your basketball team helping the cause and remember that how the funds are spent was "not in your circle!!"  lol what a joke

At one time they bragged about supporting 450 missionaries with average support of $100.00 a missionary. That would bring in $540,000.00 a year. They have a camp and new dorm that they still owe on for the past 8 years. What happen to all that money? Not only that but JV demanded that missionaries pay their tithe to WHBC since that was their home church so he got 10% of that back, if they paid I know some that didn't.

Don't forget the tithe the members gave to pay for building expenses that were never repaired other than by church members donating their time since they couldn't afford to pay their employees due to their financial problems which were emphasized around the time Tom took over.

They were bringing in over a million a year and couldn't pay their teachers in the school, staff members etc. But JV could afford a new home, Tom doesn't exactly drive old cars and poor old Paul that never has money always seems to keep his lawyer paid.

I don't know what the truth is but it makes you wonder when you start looking at all the pieces.

Is Bro. Alcon still there? I liked him.

Justin Waters the new deaf pastor was a recent grad of OBC.

Caleb Garaway is now a famous IFB Evangelist/Youth Conference speaker. (They need to get him at Falls Creek).

Wasn't WHBS suppose to get a nice new Football Field with Lights??

I noticed Bro. Keeton is not listed on the church/school/college website. He was also head of Student-Teaching at OBC.

No more School of the Prophets???? I loved seeing the rebel flag wave proudly and hear Vineyard claim they're not racist.

AlvinMartinezVoice said:
Is Bro. Alcon still there? I liked him. Yes but trying to get his spanish ministry out from under WHBC

Justin Waters the new deaf pastor was a recent grad of OBC. Yes he is the deaf pastor

Caleb Garaway is now a famous IFB Evangelist/Youth Conference speaker. (They need to get him at Falls Creek). He is an evangelist not out of WHBC though. As far as being famous maybe in his own eyes but that is about it. He is a good preacher but was overtly trained by WHBC.

Wasn't WHBS suppose to get a nice new Football Field with Lights?? They have been saying this since I was a little kid back in the early 1990's so doubt it

I noticed Bro. Keeton is not listed on the church/school/college website. He was also head of Student-Teaching at OBC.  He had nothing to do with the college but after Tom refused to leave he stepped down and left

No more School of the Prophets???? I loved seeing the rebel flag wave proudly and hear Vineyard claim they're not racist. Probably not seeing as they probably wont have more than 10 students. And it wasn't racist just people trying to have some fun.

AlvinMartinezVoice said:

Caleb Garaway is now a famous IFB Evangelist/Youth Conference speaker. (They need to get him at Falls Creek).

I noticed Bro. Keeton is not listed on the church/school/college website. He was also head of Student-Teaching at OBC.

No more School of the Prophets???? I loved seeing the rebel flag wave proudly and hear Vineyard claim they're not racist.

The Confederate flag is not racist. Read the history about the flag. Also read how many Northerner's had slaves. The Southerner's were not the only people that had slaves. Why would they fight the Southerners for doing the same thing they were doing?  The civil war was more about states rights then the revisionist history claims it was all about slavery.

I am not a Vineyard support but I also don't support ignorant comments either.

TruthBearer said:
AlvinMartinezVoice said:

The Confederate flag is not racist. Read the history about the flag. Also read how many Northerner's had slaves. The Southerner's were not the only people that had slaves. Why would they fight the Southerners for doing the same thing they were doing?  The civil war was more about states rights then the revisionist history claims it was all about slavery.

I feel a north vs south debate coming on!!! 

FYI. GO NORTH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedRover01 said:
TruthBearer said:
AlvinMartinezVoice said:

I feel a north vs south debate coming on!!! 

FYI. GO NORTH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am officially a Yankee myself (by birth only).

AlvinMartinezVoice said:
So a year from now will Vineyards Concentration Camp still stand?

I actually think it will. A lot of people like small church's, they will get new members after all this settles down and be a shadow of what they used to be.

Beyond that I think bankruptcy is in their future, with no school students in WHBS and no college students in OBC to help fund the church.

TruthBearer said:
AlvinMartinezVoice said:

I actually think it will. A lot of people like small church's, they will get new members after all this settles down and be a shadow of what they used to be.

Beyond that I think bankruptcy is in their future, with no school students in WHBS and no college students in OBC to help fund the church.

If the church is in as much debt as we are lead to believe, would it not make sense to sell the camp ground property and free up some extra cash flow? Or maybe even apply that toward the mountain of debt?

Then again, it would seem that the leadership does not always make the common sense decision.

TruthInLove said:
TruthBearer said:
AlvinMartinezVoice said:

If the church is in as much debt as we are lead to believe, would it not make sense to sell the camp ground property and free up some extra cash flow? Or maybe even apply that toward the mountain of debt?

Then again, it would seem that the leadership does not always make the common sense decision.

That would make sense but when they sold the other half of the grounds that they had decided not to use for the camp those funds were supposed to go towards paying down on the debt but it doesn't look like that happened either.

JustABigKid said:
That would make sense but when they sold the other half of the grounds that they had decided not to use for the camp those funds were supposed to go towards paying down on the debt but it doesn't look like that happened either.

I did not know that they sold the other half of the property. I never really understood why they purchased that additional acreage in the first place. Especially since the main "campground" was plenty spacious enough to have summer camps. Just curious, do you know when they sold that?

This begs the question (that probably has a fairly obvious answer) of "what did happen to all of that money"?

TruthInLove said:
JustABigKid said:

I did not know that they sold the other half of the property. I never really understood why they purchased that additional acreage in the first place. Especially since the main "campground" was plenty spacious enough to have summer camps. Just curious, do you know when they sold that?

This begs the question (that probably has a fairly obvious answer) of "what did happen to all of that money"?

The other half was purchased to be used as JAV's retirement property.  They were planning on building a house for him and the Mrs to retire in out there in Loyal Oklahoma.

Do not remember why he decided not to proceed.

As for the money???  Maybe it is invested in a quarter million dollar home in Piedmnont Ok.  ;) ;)

Just me said:
TruthInLove said:
JustABigKid said:

The other half was purchased to be used as JAV's retirement property.  They were planning on building a house for him and the Mrs to retire in out there in Loyal Oklahoma.

As for the money???  Maybe it is invested in a quarter million dollar home in Piedmnont Ok.  ;) ;)

I don't remember ever hearing that the staff informed the church that it would be used for retirement property? Or maybe that was one of the subtle points of your response.  :)

TruthInLove said:
Just me said:
TruthInLove said:
JustABigKid said:

I don't remember ever hearing that the staff informed the church that it would be used for retirement property? Or maybe that was one of the subtle points of your response.  :)

It was well known. They were also going to build multiple cabins like the one the camp director lives in and allow the missionaries to go out there to get away and take a break. Also they found it to be good hunting ground at first and wanted it because of that too. They even at one point had a very large garden that many people in the church helped work and everyone got to pick from once it was ripe.

Of course once they realized they had stretched themselves too far they sold it but I am sure it didn't go towards paying the bill off that they rung up in buying it.

TruthInLove said:
Just me said:
TruthInLove said:
JustABigKid said:

I found out about it on one of the early trips out to the property for a church bbq.  Back when the only way into the property was the "trail" they made from the north side long before they started building anything out there.  I really do not know if it was common knowledge or not.  I might have overheard something I was not supposed to!!  lol

JustABigKid said:
It was well known. They were also going to build multiple cabins like the one the camp director lives in and allow the missionaries to go out there to get away and take a break. Also they found it to be good hunting ground at first and wanted it because of that too. They even at one point had a very large garden that many people in the church helped work and everyone got to pick from once it was ripe.

Of course once they realized they had stretched themselves too far they sold it but I am sure it didn't go towards paying the bill off that they rung up in buying it.

And don't forget to mention the infamous gun range and the obstacle course.  :) I do remember that they wanted to have 10 or 12 cabins in a circle with the bathrooms/swimming pool in the middle. I believe they made it up to 3 or 4 cabins

Just me said:
I found out about it on one of the early trips out to the property for a church bbq.  Back when the only way into the property was the "trail" they made from the north side long before they started building anything out there.  I really do not know if it was common knowledge or not.  I might have overheard something I was not supposed to!!  lol

I believe that I attended one of those early bbq's as well, but don't remember them saying anything about it either.