Evangelist to pastor and back again

treasure_unseen

Elect
Reaction score
Example. CT Townsend who lead that "great revival" in Burlington NC..... has become a pastor. I know most people don't care but let me.... let you in on a few "secrets" you don't know.

Most revival meetings are based upon nothing more than the "buddy system". Some "buddy" of another "buddy" decides they need some extra money.... or they want to visit some area to enjoy the attractions/local scenery..... all of sudden... GOD HIMSELF has spoken to them about needing "such and such" to come and fill "a need only God can meet".....

I had a friend once that told his "pastor" one time that it must have been a "coincidence" that revival always coincided with opening day/week of hunting season..... and that every evangelist God called to preach at his church....... just happen to love hunting.

Enter Burlington NC. I'm not saying that the same exact thing happened there. I am saying....... that that revival pulled in a very large amount of money. Money, that was targeted to "change this world". People of all creeds and social statuses.... POOR PEOPLE.... GAVE to see things change around them.

Fast forward a little and that same man all of sudden is called to "pastor" somewhere. Which is another little corrupt secret taking place. When any "evangelist" decides he's had enough of the hard life of living meeting to meeting....He'll start looking to "find God"....

Get it....No matter what they choose.... it is always GOD behind it.

So all that money given with the pretense of changing the world......... now is pastoring some church somewhere... Well. Not just any church. That's a story in and of itself. He was chosen at the foolishness of rejecting gifted people.

Oh by the way. During that same event. (Burlington) There was a well known Evangelist/Pastor/whatever's.... SON.... that got saved! ( Not saying he didn't. I can't save anyone. ) I would call his name but most of you already know it.

Miraculously, "Getting saved" allowed this former preacher to "start over" with a clean slate and instant "call to ministry"...... (See how that works....)

Honestly.... IF you can explain something that happened with the silliness of men..... then you can about guarantee.... God wasn't part of all of it.

I could go on and on. Evangelist to Pastor. Pastor to Evangelist. Many... more than one trip "full circle."

Which is it. Is it pastor or evangelist? Or is it just really about the availability of money? Which can happen with no shame involved..... but why the pretense and lying?

Sounds like you got your nose bent, or toes stepped on, feelings hurt or maybe slighted at the revival.

Maybe I'm wrong, then enlighten us on why you are throwing shadows of suspicions around.

Sounds like you got your nose bent, or toes stepped on, feelings hurt or maybe slighted at the revival.

Maybe I'm wrong, then enlighten us on why you are throwing shadows of suspicions around.

Bent at the revival? I didn't go. I know people who did and I've followed it.

Are you disputing the facts I gave? How much was collected to "change the world" that never went toward that? Are you disputing the fact that CT Townsend is pastoring at Larry Brown's old church?

It would seem to me that ego maniac doesn't even know what God did for him.

Oh by the way. During that same event. (Burlington) There was a well known Evangelist/Pastor/whatever's.... SON.... that got saved! ( Not saying he didn't. I can't save anyone. ) I would call his name but most of you already know it.

Miraculously, "Getting saved" allowed this former preacher to "start over" with a clean slate and instant "call to ministry"......

DH's son was a "former preacher"? I've not heard that and I've discussed the son with the father.

DH's son was a "former preacher"? I've not heard that and I've discussed the son with the father.

So you know David? David is something else. He's one of those that have gone full circle more than once.

Tell you something you might not know. He was taking a large portion of the offering pastoring a church off of 150 in Winston Salem. When I say "large portion"... I mean he was taking a "large portion".... A certain percentage of the offering every service. I bet you can guess what he preached about most of the time..... until he got in trouble with some kids having to eat their own vomit. Nothing personally to do with him but one of his cronies. Wasn't long after that his "back" all of sudden got so bad he just couldn't pastor anymore. Oh... but it didn't stop him from beating the highways down as an evangelist... ONCE AGAIN. I know he is pastoring out in Tennessee now. After..."being called" to help an historical ministry that blew up in his face.

As far as DR. I don't know him personally but David has been in this for a very long time and his children always obeyed him like any child would a hard nosed IFB would have. I have seen the tapes with his name on them. I don't know exactly when, but I assume it was during a time in obedience to his father. You know IFB kids, they obey until they don't have to anymore.

Last edited:
So you know David? David is something else. He's one of those that have gone full circle more than once.

Tell you something you might not know. He was taking a large portion of the offering pastoring a church off of 150 in Winston Salem. When I say "large portion"... I mean he was taking a "large portion".... A certain percentage of the offering every service. I bet you can guess what he preached about most of the time..... until he got in trouble with some kids having to eat their own vomit. Nothing personally to do with him but one of his cronies. Wasn't long after that his "back" all of sudden got so bad he just couldn't pastor anymore. Oh... but it didn't stop him from beating the highways down as an evangelist... ONCE AGAIN. I know he is pastoring out in Tennessee now. After..."being called" to help an historical ministry that blew up in his face.

As far as DR. I don't know him personally but David has been in this for a very long time and his children always obeyed him like any child would a hard nosed IFB would have. I have seen the tapes with his name on them. I don't know exactly when, but I assume it was during a time in obedience to his father. You know IFB kids, they obey until they don't have to anymore.
I know nothing about when he pastored in WS, NC. He is no longer pastoring in TN. I'm assuming the "historical ministry" to which you refer is the Roloff church. He told me that public news would come out about that yet I've never heard a word.

I too was troubled about his son going directly into evangelism. His dad supported that. I don't follow the son as I have no desire to do so. I told his dad that his son should have parked his butt in a good church for a year or two and learn and go from there. Dad didn't agree.

I know nothing about when he pastored in WS, NC. He is no longer pastoring in TN. I'm assuming the "historical ministry" to which you refer is the Roloff church. He told me that public news would come out about that yet I've never heard a word.

I too was troubled about his son going directly into evangelism. His dad supported that. I don't follow the son as I have no desire to do so. I told his dad that his son should have parked his butt in a good church for a year or two and learn and go from there. Dad didn't agree.

What happened in TN? He has been all over the place in his lifetime. He usually gets in trouble at some level somewhere...... and moves on.

The Roloff church was it. It was a financial disagreement from what I know. Who knows the truth.....

What happened in TN? He has been all over the place in his lifetime. He usually gets in trouble at some level somewhere...... and moves on.
I have no idea. His back? Overall health? His voice? I can't imagine trying to preach with that voice.

Bent at the revival? I didn't go. I know people who did and I've followed it.

Are you disputing the facts I gave? How much was collected to "change the world" that never went toward that? Are you disputing the fact that CT Townsend is pastoring at Larry Brown's old church?

It would seem to me that egomaniac doesn't even know what God did for him.
I do not know CT personally but I love his fire.

Your code talk is too indiscernible, like referring to some son a of a preacher. And you don't have a problem slinging around CT's name so as to make him out to be like someone who is less than honorable & without using your own name on the FFF. If you had done that in my presence, someone like me might grab 2 hands full of your lapels & put you against a wall for doing that in such a dishonorable fashion.

Do us all a favor & take your trash to some other forum.

I do not know CT personally but I love his fire.

Your code talk is too indiscernible, like referring to some son a of a preacher. And you don't have a problem slinging around CT's name so as to make him out to be like someone who is less than honorable & without using your own name on the FFF. If you had done that in my presence, someone like me might grab 2 hands full of your lapels & put you against a wall for doing that in such a dishonorable fashion.

Do us all a favor & take your trash to some other forum.

See there. A threat. Like I haven't gotten that before..... Which is why I remain anonymous.

I didn't mention DR Harrison because most already know. Its not a secret. David Harrison has been doing it for decades.

I didn't talk trash. I told the truth and it hurt you. So much that you want to hurt me physically. I imagine you believe you have God in your pocket don't you?

You're living in a fantasy world. CT Townsend lied. Plain and simple. He let them good people think he was going to be the next change maker like Bill Graham and now he's living the life of comfort in Larry's church.......

You're living in a fantasy world. CT Townsend lied. Plain and simple. He let them good people think he was going to be the next change maker like Bill Graham and now he's living the life of comfort in Larry's church.......

That's a little harsh. Unless you know the intentions of a man, I'd best not be guessing about it. I have no reason to not believe that CT had the intentions of being the next "change maker" (whatever that is) but the Lord changed his direction. FYI, I don't really care about CT's ministry anyway. No skin off my purple nose.

That's a little harsh. Unless you know the intentions of a man, I'd best not be guessing about it. I have no reason to not believe that CT had the intentions of being the next "change maker" (whatever that is) but the Lord changed his direction. FYI, I don't really care about CT's ministry anyway. No skin off my purple nose.

Little harsh? Men like this have done these things to IFBs for decades and no one says anything openly. You know as well as I, that other IFB preachers talk about such things all the time. They just are afraid to say anything openly because of men like fishnet.

CT changed his direction. Churchs have run men like these off time and time again because they abandon them to work the road week in and week out. They just move on somewhere else and claim God was behind it.

Last edited:
That was not a threat. That was a statement of fact.
I see you reflect the qualities of the men you admire. When you can't sell your lies with words, you'll try to beat them into your victims. Such ungodliness has been apart of your ranks from the beginning.

I see you reflect the qualities of the men you admire. When you can't sell your lies with words, you'll try to beat them into your victims. Such ungodliness has been apart of your ranks from the beginning.
You do not know me from a bag of mud but you apparently know how to sling mud on good people you don't know.

You do not know me from a bag of mud but you apparently know how to sling mud on good people you don't know.
I know you threaten/promised to do harm to me. That tells anyone watching what "you are". I'll take Jesus' word for it. By your works, I know you.

I told the truth concerning the people you admire. Things others are saying and are too afraid to say. I'm not afraid of you at all. I'll be glad to have the police put you in jail where you belong. Maybe you can start a jail ministry and tell them how wonderful they are. I'm sure they will not care. They recognize a con when they see one.

Last edited:
See there. A threat. Like I haven't gotten that before..... Which is why I remain anonymous.
Thanks for sending the PM: I think I must not have access to the part of the forum where reports go, because I even "reported" myself and can't for the life of me figure out where it went.)

Unfortunately, I can't really regard a threat as particularly credible when you admit you're anonymous. If someone doesn't know who you are, they can't specifically direct harm toward your person.

That said, I don't like seeing people on the forum threaten to beat me up (even though I never take them seriously), and I don't like to see them do it to others. Cool it, fishinnut.

So it's not really much of a threat, is it?

(BTW, thanks for sending the PM: I think I must not have access to the part of the forum where reports go, because I even "reported" myself and can't for the life of me figure out where they go.)

I'm not really sure. I've definitely seen worse. I okay with it as long as it doesn't go any further. Thanks for looking at it.... Now back to arguing.... :)