Evangelist to pastor and back again

I try to attend the National Conference in Walkertown once each year...but they never, ever called me.

So you weren't being forth coming in your response. You were a part of the "Sword Group" and you know it. I was too. I was never "called" myself. Smith only called certain people and you know it.

You are still IFB in your attitude and self importance...in my opinion.

Self important? You don't know me and I'm not trying to get people to follow me. You ARE.

You obviously have NO idea of me or our church body...much less my ego....which for all its substance is dwarfed by yours. ;)

Sure I do. You still have your group reporting to you. You're still getting feed by their endless tithe money. You're still "king" of your little "castle".....

I'm just trying to get them away from you and straight to Jesus. They don't need you. You still believe they do.

He cannot see how similar his ways are to the IFB. It's sort of fascinating.

As they say, you can take no treasure out of the fundys but you can’t take the fundy out of no treasure.
But the fact that he is so unaware of it is, as you say, fascinating.

As they say, you can take no treasure out of the fundys but you can’t take the fundy out of no treasure.
But the fact that he is so unaware of it is, as you say, fascinating.

You mock this way when have nothing left. Both of you.

I've been challenging you for what you're doing and you insist I'm actually worse than you for doing it...... Geesh.

So you weren't being forth coming in your response. You were a part of the "Sword Group" and you know it. I was too. I was never "called" myself. Smith only called certain people and you know it.

Self important? You don't know me and I'm not trying to get people to follow me. You ARE.

Sure I do. You still have your group reporting to you. You're still getting feed by their endless tithe money. You're still "king" of your little "castle".....

I'm just trying to get them away from you and straight to Jesus. They don't need you. You still believe they do.

I was responding to you:
“When is the "Sword of the Lord" crowd calling you?, or HAC, or West Coast?”
They never, ever called when I was IFB much less now that I’m not.
As I have stated here before, I attend the Sword conference out of curiosity because it is held close to home.

You have NO idea of how I serve or treat our congregation.
And, I’m sure you couldn’t find anyone to follow you....because you’re you.

Haymaan...

I was responding to you:
“When is the "Sword of the Lord" crowd calling you?, or HAC, or West Coast?”
They never, ever called when I was IFB much less now that I’m not.
As I have stated here before, I attend the Sword conference out of curiosity because it is held close to home.

You attended because you were trying to be like the largest IFB church in NC. Which is why most anyone attended.

You have NO idea of how I serve or treat our congregation.
I know what you believe and teach. I know you have them coming back to you over and over again with their money and their loyalty to your teachings.

And, I’m sure you couldn’t find anyone to follow you....because you’re you.

You're probably right. People don't like to hear someone tell them they need to put forth the effort to know God themselves. YOU on the other hand, volunteer to do it for them. All it will cost them is at least 10 percent of their salary before taxes. All it will cost them is blind loyalty. All it will cost is their integrity when they stand before God and have to say.... "That's not my fault. That's what my "pastor" taught me". Ask him... After all. I paid him to do it for me.

Last edited:
I don't know how many accepted Christ. I know many claimed they did. Such examples are best left to God's acknowledgement in Eternity. For we preach not ourselves but Christ and US... YOUR SERVANT... for Christ.

I do believe that Billy Graham handled religious "stardom" better than most. Which is really why many fundamentalist hated him.

I know, its over 2million. I just said it.