Fallen Pastors

Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike the man....I never have, and I never will...but, he was a con artist of the first order.
Given your description of xBIL, I'd have loathed the guy.

I agree to a point. My ex BIL was very abusive towards my sister, especially when she lost a set of twins back in the early 90s. He told her it was because of her sin. He also treated everyone in our whole family like crap, refusing to let his daughters get to know anyone in the family. He did his best to block them from knowing their grandparents, and often referred to my father by several different monikers that were unbecoming of a pastor, and also attacked my own character, and that of my wife because she came from the home of an alcoholic father. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike the man....I never have, and I never will...but, he was a con artist of the first order.
Seems like he and my ex-wife would get along well! My ex not only tried to isolate our daughter from my parents and family but from hers as well! Pretty much EVERYONE who was onto her nonsense! When our marriage ended, my phone was blowing up with calls from members of HER family extending their condolences and telling me what a great guy I was putting up with her crap for as long as I had!

If the adultery occurred under the cover of authority as a pastor and the "other party" is also in the Church, then it is probably best that they leave but they need to be accountable wherever they happen to land and this involves communication between the two congregations so each are aware of the situation. Such is hard to enforce with so many Baptists out there asserting their "autonomy!"
Screenshot_20230328_124655_Samsung Internet.jpg

How interesting. Cloudflare blocks me from viewing that site. Can't see it in regular Firefox or in an anonymizing browser like Tor.

Screenshot 2023-08-14 at 12-20-22 Attention Required! Cloudflare.png

"There are several actions that could trigger this block"--including, apparently, merely typing the URL into the address bar, or clicking the link on Google.

Does it work for anyone else?

Last edited:
How interesting. Cloudflare blocks me from viewing that site. Can't see it in regular Firefox or in an anonymizing browser like Tor.

View attachment 4440

"There are several actions that could trigger this block"--including, apparently, merely typing the URL into the address bar, or clicking the link on Google.

Does it work for anyone else?
I clicked on the link from Fundnomore and this is what came up:

1692035447757.png

The site comes up for me.

One interesting note: it is a ministry of a church that has HAC grads as pastor & assistant pastor.

Given your description of xBIL, I'd have loathed the guy.
I loathed his actions...I did my best to stay civil with him...at times it wasn't easy. I did once tell him I'd fly out to Lake Havasue and kick his butt...my mother was living with he and my sister at that time, and he got onto the phone and cut the conversation with my mother off...I told him that the next time I saw him I was going to cream his face. I didn't at my sisters request. They had long since been divorced and were meeting to allow him to pick up his 5 daughers for the summer. They were meeting in Nashville, and the police were right there in the parking lot to insure that the exchange was peaceful since he had threatened my sister.

I could only stomach a few minutes of this! 🤢🤮
I forced myself to watch the whole thing. The complete arrogance and lack of repentance or regret for what he has done is reflective of the slime that he is. I can't believe anyone in IFB would support this sham, but then remember that it was IFB leaders that covered up for him.

I don't care to listen to either Hyles. It's like ingesting poison.

Quite a lot about said on this forum about pastors who have fallen into sin and been removed from the pulpit. Typically, things don't end well for such a pastor. They either try to wriggle their way back behind a pulpit and end up, at best, in a "ministry" that has the spector of his past sin looming overhead or the former pastor walks away from the faith altogether.

Do you think things can end well for a disgraced pastor? If so, what does that look like? Does anyone know someone who fell and biblically repented? What does their life look like now?
One thing I don't see considered here and don't see other posters consider it. What is the will of God YES for one who has fallen and been restored and I mean restored with God in fellowship not necessarily restored to a big minister post. Much seems said in this thread about what this one sought to do or that one. What does God want one to do regardless as to whether some like it or not.

It most certainly is a valid discussion is it counter productive to see one so fallen to seek to take the reigns of high leadership again? I'd say a person should ask why should you feel you should? What are your motivations. Do you really feel you're moving on God's direction? Could it be just your human lust to keep a place of power? In one sense I can really feel sorry for such individuals. They have went for so many years, starting as youth leaders....going to Bible college...becoming first assistant Pastors....then moving up the way to be a main Pastor or the head of some big ministry and then.....to lose it all.

It's like they're then pushing every button and pulling every lever to see if they can pull out of their tail spin. What a horrible state to see a dear bother or sister in Christ to be in and I say dear brother for we are to seek to want to show meekness towards them and to give encouragement or we better lest because of pride we could fall. Perhaps they're return to large visible ministry isn't the answer but seek to love them and pray for them that whatever way God can use them in future things that he will make that plain and clear. Make no mistake. God wants to use them and he loves them as he does towards us too who might fail in so many other ways.

I think all need to lock into and have a focus on the blood of Jesus which blots out our sins and if we confess our sins he Jesus is faithful and just to forgive us and cleanse us. This puts us into the position of being just as if we'd never sinned that is before God. NEVER be a devils agent to side in with criticism and condemnation never willing to see that person through the blood.

If they've repented and I mean truly have don't dare consider them as some no good and have a condescending attitude towards them. You may have reservations about their seeking to eventually or anytime seeking to make as we could say a come back into main visible ministry. Just know some of that might be God's leading YES even though a person had blown it bad. It may always be a thing we're were not sure what that person should do but we do know all of us with give account for following God's leading. They will. We all will.

One thing I don't see considered here and don't see other posters consider it. What is the will of God YES for one who has fallen and been restored and I mean restored with God in fellowship not necessarily restored to a big minister post. Much seems said in this thread about what this one sought to do or that one. What does God want one to do regardless as to whether some like it or not.

It most certainly is a valid discussion is it counter productive to see one so fallen to seek to take the reigns of high leadership again? I'd say a person should ask why should you feel you should? What are your motivations. Do you really feel you're moving on God's direction? Could it be just your human lust to keep a place of power? In one sense I can really feel sorry for such individuals. They have went for so many years, starting as youth leaders....going to Bible college...becoming first assistant Pastors....then moving up the way to be a main Pastor or the head of some big ministry and then.....to lose it all.

It's like they're then pushing every button and pulling every lever to see if they can pull out of their tail spin. What a horrible state to see a dear bother or sister in Christ to be in and I say dear brother for we are to seek to want to show meekness towards them and to give encouragement or we better lest because of pride we could fall. Perhaps they're return to large visible ministry isn't the answer but seek to love them and pray for them that whatever way God can use them in future things that he will make that plain and clear. Make no mistake. God wants to use them and he loves them as he does towards us too who might fail in so many other ways.

I think all need to lock into and have a focus on the blood of Jesus which blots out our sins and if we confess our sins he Jesus is faithful and just to forgive us and cleanse us. This puts us into the position of being just as if we'd never sinned that is before God. NEVER be a devils agent to side in with criticism and condemnation never willing to see that person through the blood.

If they've repented and I mean truly have don't dare consider them as some no good and have a condescending attitude towards them. You may have reservations about their seeking to eventually or anytime seeking to make as we could say a come back into main visible ministry. Just know some of that might be God's leading YES even though a person had blown it bad. It may always be a thing we're were not sure what that person should do but we do know all of us with give account for following God's leading. They will. We all will.
You make mention of the blood of Christ blotting out all sin, and this is true, but you seem to skip over the fact that the consequences of sin still remains. Sad that so many lean towards one side to the detriment of the truth.

You make mention of the blood of Christ blotting out all sin, and this is true, but you seem to skip over the fact that the consequences of sin still remains. Sad that so many lean towards one side to the detriment of the truth.
Sure I don't deny there aren't consequences for sin or ramifications in committing them. Depending on what they are hinges on just what has to be faced as such.

Just know some of that might be God's leading YES even though a person had blown it bad.

What if they have blown it so bad that they are no longer scripturally qualified for the office of elder? God will not lead a man to do what God has said he may not do.

I remain rightly skeptical of the "restoration" of a man who a) seems to show no evidence of genuine repentance; and b) is being "restored" only by his and his father's cronies. That's not restoration. It's being an accomplice to the original sin.