Favorite Foods and Recipes...

"OW! Momma! I got a piece of stalk in my pudding!" 😜

Seriously though, this was really interesting to watch. Ooo the calories! But just enough for a day's work for a couple in the wilderness in the 1830s.

I just subscribed.
i love that channel.... . i wouldn;t mind trying to cook that way if we ever take another cold weather hunting trip - and end up staying in an old cabin again.... .. .. . but just watching it really makes me appreciate our modern kitchen..... ...:sneaky:

Last edited:
I've been getting into kimchi lately. Costco sells "Jongga" kimchi which labels itself as the No.1 selling kimchi in Korea.

View attachment 5277
Served with fish, this stuff is amazing!
If it's anything similar to the big bucket of kimchi I recently had, it's pretty good in an omelette or scrambled eggs, too. Use sparingly, of course.
this is the kind we buy most often here..... .... it;s made here in hawaii and is not quite as salty as some of the other brands... . of course salt can always be added to it if desired.... ... we mix it with many different kinds of vegetables.... boiled octopus... (he'e in hawaiian... tako in japanese)... . boy choy and cucumbers are good mixed with it too..... but it;s also good just by itself sometimes as a side to grilled korean style chicken or bulgogi beef.... .........but it leaves it;s mark on you..... .... after i have eaten it people who get anywhere close to me know about it......o_O

7336621204.jpeg

prime rib... 🥰

i can;t remember if i posted about cooking prime rib before.... but i;m preparing
it again for this weekend... so i thought i would post this video of it.... this chef
in the video uses a lot of the same cooking techniques and styles we do... and her
method of cooking prime rib is awesome.... her method shown here is the one
i;m using when i cook it tomorrow.... .

Garlic-Her-Crusted-Boneless-Prime-Rib-6.jpeg

yesterdays prime rib early dinner was nice but a lot of work... .. but it was also one of the very few days that everybody in the household was off work the same day... ..so it was worth it.... today most of them are working - so the rest of us decided to go to our favorite mongolian hot pot restaurant after church today....... . just got back from church a little while ago.... so we will be off in a minute....♨️🥗🥢🦐🥘😋

Cooking tip:

When cooking fish, especially salmon, add olive oil and lemon juice to the pan and cook covered on medium low heat for about 10 minutes until the lemon juice caramelizes. When serving, make sure you scrape up the sticky lemon juice residue and put it on the fish. Talk about an explosion of flavor! 🤤

Cooking tip:

When cooking fish, especially salmon, add olive oil and lemon juice to the pan and cook covered on medium low heat for about 10 minutes until the lemon juice caramelizes. When serving, make sure you scrape up the sticky lemon juice residue and put it on the fish. Talk about an explosion of flavor! 🤤
we have always done salmon baked then covered with creamy pesto sauce - pine nuts and sun dried tomatos... it;s a recipe we reverse engineered from buca debeppos after they told us they were going to discontinue it and then refused to give us the recipe and methoed for making their pesto sauce....:confused: ...so we got a couple of orders of it to go and figured it out..... 😋

Last edited:
Trying a jerky marinade... Soy, Worcestershire, Rice vinegar, smoke flavor and Montreal Steak Seasoning.

The meat is in the dehydrator on the porch with the scent wafting through the screen door. The smell is driving me nuts.

Trying a jerky marinade... Soy, Worcestershire, Rice vinegar, smoke flavor and Montreal Steak Seasoning.

The meat is in the dehydrator on the porch with the scent wafting through the screen door. The smell is driving me nuts.
Jerky came out of the dehydrator... I used a bit too much Montreal Seasoning. That stuff is PEPPERY. I like it. My next batch will be a little lighter on the pepper. Store the two batches together and it should equal out. What I really like is the tangy sweetness of the Worcestershire and rice vinegar.

Long road trip coming up. Lots of jerky to make. Gonna make some teriyaki and Jamaican jerk too.

We had several friends who used this mixture....and we loved the end product!

...Too ... much ... Montreal Seasoning?

I'm not sure that these words go together.
We had several friends who used this mixture....and we loved the end product!

As the jerky "rested" overnight, the seasoning dispersed over the meat and now it's perfectly seasoned. Tangy and peppery. The garlic takes that flavor over the top.