FBC former pianist

Did Chuck ever come forward?  Cuz those 2 were way too obvious, and that was in the late 80's still.

Anishinabe

qwerty said:
Bravo said:
kaba said:
There is a new scandel on DRHAC, if you attended HAC in the late 70's and early 80's, you will remember Katy Hardy and her husband Max Hardy. Wondering how HAC will handle this one.

I've given this story some thought.

A few things I don't understand,...

She claims she was sexually abused but was not sure it was sexual until she was married and knew those touches were, for lack of a better word, foreplay. What I don't get is how is someone touched but "not sure" it was sexual until she was married? If that touching was that ambiguous then what was the sexual abuse part? I mean if she were touched in certain spots it should be OBVIOUS. If not on those spots then what is the sexual abuse?

If it's true then it should be out there. But why wait 30 years?

These are honest questions. Any thoughts?

It is definitely a very odd story and on the surface, does not add up.

30 years?

Maybe a balloon payment on the mortgage...

http://www.nwitimes.com/uncategorized/others-who-wrote-in-support-of-the-rev-hyles/article_7497a946-cc20-5357-bef4-bfa5bd5fc016.html

Wherever did you find this article so far back.  My goodness my name is on that list.  Maiden.  WOW!!!

Still There said:
qwerty said:
Bravo said:
kaba said:
There is a new scandel on DRHAC, if you attended HAC in the late 70's and early 80's, you will remember Katy Hardy and her husband Max Hardy. Wondering how HAC will handle this one.

She claims she was sexually abused but was not sure it was sexual until she was married and knew those touches were, for lack of a better word, foreplay. What I don't get is how is someone touched but "not sure" it was sexual until she was married? If that touching was that ambiguous then what was the sexual abuse part? I mean if she were touched in certain spots it should be OBVIOUS. If not on those spots then what is the sexual abuse?

30 years?

http://www.nwitimes.com/uncategorized/others-who-wrote-in-support-of-the-rev-hyles/article_7497a946-cc20-5357-bef4-bfa5bd5fc016.html

Wherever did you find this article so far back.  My goodness my name is on that list.  Maiden.  WOW!!!

So is my sister's. 

Are you my sister?

Still There said:
qwerty said:
Bravo said:
kaba said:

30 years?

Some things are forever on the internet.

patriotic said:
Still There said:

So is my sister's. 

Hehehehe.... mine AIN'T!   

Imagine how those Jack Schaap support letter writers feel.

PappaBear said:
patriotic said:
Still There said:

So is my sister's. 

Hehehehe.... mine AIN'T! 

Never put confidence in man....God never changes

A pastor / church scandal very early in my junior high years rocked my world and caused me to struggle spiritually for several years.  Until one day I found this verse in my Scripture reading that has become my life verse ever since ...

Psalm 118:8 ... It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.

Bravo said:
kaba said:

Hey Bravo :)

Something I faced with my abuser was feeling that maybe my abuse wasn't abuse, it was just me being sensitive and I just needed to get over it.  I didn't confront him until I was 37, which was 25 years later.  I didn't tell other people until about 2 years later.

This is partially why validation is so very, very vital to abuse victims - they already believe that they are just being sensitive, and it sometimes takes someone else looking them in the eyes and telling them, "What happened to you was WRONG."  It's why abuse victims also generally keep in contact with their abusers:  if the abuse was no big deal, then why break fellowship and risk everyone looking at you and saying you shouldn't treat your abuser so mean?  Victims often end up getting victimized a second time when they finally do speak out or when they try to break fellowship eventually with their abuser.  No one else can understand why they are behaving that way.

I do not want to believe the accusations - I cared very much for the accused person - however, I can't just turn away.  This is an IFB pastor's wife from HAC making this public accusation against him.  She has much, much to lose in IFB-dom by speaking out, and I don't take that lightly.

prophet said:
Did Chuck ever come forward?  Cuz those 2 were way too obvious, and that was in the late 80's still.

Anishinabe

If you're speaking of who I'm thinking---I was very surprised when Chuck married----A WOMAN!!

Mr. Olsen did always have two or three teenagers with whom he would spend large periods of time---away from school.  Some summers, he'd vacation in FL and take teenagers along with him.  It was always very odd and I wondered why more people never thought it was "not the norm".

Yup, Chuck surprised us all.  And the cute lil Italian chick that was 'seeing' BO, was really seeing the HB gym teacher (female).

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Tapatalk 2

prophet said:
Yup, Chuck surprised us all.  And the cute lil Italian chick that was 'seeing' BO, was really seeing the HB gym teacher (female).

Oh, my head hurts!  How young and dumb, how foolish and blind I was back then.  I remember the excitement of signing up for my first class with Joe Combs.  Then the high expectation when Dave Hyles became the Church Ed teacher.  Those major flame-outs were depressing enough.  But since that time, finding out over and over and over again that the place was crawling with wickedness at every level, almost seemingly in every square inch.

What I really do not understand is why I did not see it or sense it long before with so much going on.  Oh, my head hurts.  And so does my heart for all the broken left by the side of Hammond's roads.

prophet said:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BO pursued her relentlessly, but she always turned him down.  He had a real thing for her.

Binaca Chugger said:
prophet said:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BO pursued her relentlessly, but she always turned him down.  He had a real thing for her.
birds of a feather.  I asked her about him, after I had developed a relationship with her, and she gave such a non answer, that I started paying attention more, and caught on to their game.
Eventually her girlfriend divorced, and they were living together( or next door for appearances), last time I saw her. 
  I asked the slighted former husband recently, how much he knew, and he said he found out after the fact, from her old friends. 
Now I'm just waiting for Pam n Becky to admit what they are.

Anishinabe

prophet said:
Binaca Chugger said:
prophet said:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

birds of a feather.  I asked her about him, after I had developed a relationship with her, and she gave such a non answer, that I started paying attention more, and caught on to their game.
Eventually her girlfriend divorced, and they were living together( or next door for appearances), last time I saw her. 
  I asked the slighted former husband recently, how much he knew, and he said he found out after the fact, from her old friends. 

Anishinabe

What are they, great soul winners?

"Soul winning covers a multitude of sins".  Hyles 1:1.

bgwilkinson said:
prophet said:
Binaca Chugger said:
prophet said:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anishinabe

What are they, great soul winners?

"Soul winning covers a multitude of sins".  Hyles 1:1.
I was shocked, when Bro. Hyles said:"Dont tell me how many souls you've won, tell me how well you obey your husband.". He was addressing a Phoster Club leader who was going for a divorce.  A clear violation of Hyles1:1.

Anishinaabe