First Baptist Church faces backlash

Late to the party bro…

But great to see you, was just thinking about putting your name in the thread about Names from the past but glad I don’t have to now😁

Late to the party bro…

But great to see you, was just thinking about putting your name in the thread about Names from the past but glad I don’t have to now😁

It seems like I'm always a day late and three dollars (inflation dontchaknow LOL) short. LOL :D

My favorite bill. You’d be surprised how many idiots I’ve given this to going through a drive-thru and they’ve said they don’t know if they can take it, or they ask me if it’s “real money.” 🙄1675348613423.jpeg

My favorite bill. You’d be surprised how many idiots I’ve given this to going through a drive-thru and they’ve said they don’t know if they can take it, or they ask me if it’s “real money.” 🙄View attachment 3829
Well, it's obviously fake. It's got Bill Clinton on it.

Most people today wouldn’t assume FBC would reference Hammond. At least outside this forum.
Something like 12% of all Bapitst churches are named "First." So you'd have to be pretty deep into the Hyles cult to assume it meant a particular church.

Then again, if you're a Calvinist, you know exactly whom I mean by "John, John, John, John, Jonathan, and John." :)

Something like 12% of all Bapitst churches are named "First." So you'd have to be pretty deep into the Hyles cult to assume it meant a particular church.

HeDied4U has first hand experience with First Baptist Hammond but no longer associates with them. He also regularly uses humor in his posts, so in this case his tongue was firmly planted in his cheek as he was using the knowledge of the demographics of this forum to make fun of the fact that many would instantly think of First Baptist Hammond when they heard “First Baptist”. I guarantee you that he is well-versed enough about evangelical Christianity to not believe that First Baptist Hammond is anything more than a small fish in a relatively small pond.

My favorite bill. You’d be surprised how many idiots I’ve given this to going through a drive-thru and they’ve said they don’t know if they can take it, or they ask me if it’s “real money.” 🙄View attachment 3829

Can you still get these? It is hard to find them in our area... would love to hand them out like you do.

Can you still get these? It is hard to find them in our area... would love to hand them out like you do.
Absolutely! I know of a restaurant that almost exclusively uses the $2 bill for all transactions.

Absolutely! I know of a restaurant that almost exclusively uses the $2 bill for all transactions.

Interesting... when we check the local banks, they are generally out.

Back to the topic at hand:

Most, if not all states have equal rights laws or even have a equal rights amendment to their constitution that protects religion, race, color or national origin. I think most of us would agree with such protections.

21 states also protect sexual orientation and gender identity or expression and many more are pursuing such changes to civil right laws. These additional categories can be problematic for Christians who are trying to follow biblical principals.

I suspect thing will only get worse in the future, Christians may begin to face persecution for the first time in this country.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Christians

I went to a concert once, with a $10-spot. $8 cover (that'll date me, for sure).
Received a $2 in change.
Between bands, I went to the concession booth, for a $1.75 dog n pop. Handed my twain over, got change 18.25 in change. Didn't notice. Kinda distracted.
Later, pulled out the change and realized what happened. I went back to the counter, but the guy shrugged it off. So I went home with a concert T and gas $