God will NEVER Bless me

groupie

Elect
Reaction score
I was recently told by a former HAC teacher that I ran into that God will NEVER bless me.

His reasons -

God only blesses....

1. Soul winners that get converts down the aisle and people that get folks in the "water".

2. Those that are faithful in a local, independent, fundamental Baptist Church.

3. God only blesses people that live a completely separated life.

4. Those that pray much, give much and give much time to the Lord's work.

5. That that surround themselves with holy folks.

Your thoughts on this junk?

Classic.  Performance Based Christianity is alive and well in the IFB, and so many Christians are duped by it.

Ask him to define God's blessings.  10 to 1, he tells you they are temporal things.

1.  Do justly
2.  Love mercy
3.  Walk humbly with thy God

Anything else is man's requirement.

groupie said:
I was recently told by a former HAC teacher that I ran into that God will NEVER bless me.

His reasons -

God only blesses....

1. Soul winners that get converts down the aisle and people that get folks in the "water".

I think he needs to spend some time studying the subject of blessing in the Bible. His list is far too short.

Psalm 1 would be a good start.

Tom Brennan said:
groupie said:

His reasons -

God only blesses....

I think he needs to spend some time studying the subject of blessing in the Bible. His list is far too short.

Are you really saying he's right but left many things off the list?

I remember first time I was told I was cursed with a curse because I didn't believe in tithing. I've been blessed many times since that moment. God doesn't curse his own. Its impossible.

The prosperity gospel remains popular among many.

groupie said:

His reasons -

God only blesses....

I read this and my first thought is 'which teacher'?  Could have been one of many but sounds a lot like LS.

groupie said:

His reasons -

God only blesses....

Sounds like proud Larry.

Here I'll fix it.

God blesses....

3. God blesses people that live a completely separated life.

When you exterminate the Onlyism I can agree.

bgwilkinson said:
groupie said:

His reasons -

God only blesses....

Sounds like proud Larry.

Here I'll fix it.

God blesses....

3. God blesses people that live a completely separated life.

When you exterminate the Onlyism I can agree.

Nicely done!

praise_yeshua said:
Are you really saying he's right but left many things off the list?

I remember first time I was told I was cursed with a curse because I didn't believe in tithing. I've been blessed many times since that moment. God doesn't curse his own. Its impossible.

The Bible gives dozens of recipes, for lack of a better term, with the ingredients necessary for blessing. When you, with the grace of God, furnish the ingredients God furnishes the blessing. Cursing is similarly opposite in many instances. Someone already referenced Psalm 1, for instance. To me, the best concentrated list in the Bible is the Beatitudes. But there are many, many of them in there. Bunches.

Aka: prosperity gospel
Aka: magic
Aka: wirchcraft
Aka: God as cosmic vending machine

rsc2a said:

Aka: lets throw out entire sections of the Old and New Testament because we haven't studied it out

Tom Brennan said:
rsc2a said:

Aka: lets throw out entire sections of the Old and New Testament because we haven't studied it out

It amazes me how some of these guys that are unhappy with FBCH/HAC and have decided to leave it all behind decide to throw out everything with the bathwater.  Pure stupidity!

Yes.  I'm so glad the apostles all got mansions featured on JTV Cribs and stretch chariots with gold-plated stallions instead if getting brutally murdered for their beliefs.

Or did you think that the American evangelical church is so much more righteous than they were?

The problem with the former staff member is not:
- that he desires people live in a holy manner
- that he is encouraging people to share the Gospel
- that he is challenging people to be wholly separated unto God
- that he believes in the significance of a local church
- that he believes a Christian should have friends that challenge him towards godliness

The problem is:
- Pride:  Only my small group that I approve does God recognize as good enough to receive good things from Him.
- Pride:  Ability to earn or deserve God's grace.
- Pride:  He has made himself the one qualified to determine who gets God's blessings.
- Pride:  He has placed a curse upon those that do not meat his personal criteria.

I have experienced this junk on a very personal level.  I lived most of my life in efforts to earn God's blessings and power and "special filling" in my life.  I never could do it, and neither can you.  You cannot earn what God has already given.  Grace is God's enabling power of unmerited favor.  God finally caused me to realize that His grace is sufficient not just for my salvation, but also for my sanctification.  When I realized that grace is enough to sustain me in my Christian life and that God's mercy is new every day despite myself, I walked away from the IFB.  I have been in various ministries since.  I have the pleasurable opportunity to teach the Bible and counsel every day of my life, sharing the peace of God with others.  I feel very blessed by God. 

Yet, some Old Paths IFB folks have cursed me.  They have prophesied many things against me: my financial ruin, my wife would divorce me, my children would hate me - one even prophesied my painful death within a set time period.  These people base their success on what they can do for God and boast of their great efforts which is pride, the anti-thesis of godliness.  They compare themselves among themselves which is not wise.  I really believe they need my life to be "ruined" in order to prove their theory of performing for God in order to earn His blessing correct.  I feel sorry for the their snared condition.  They believe grace to be enough for their salvation, but deny grace to be enough for their fulfillment.

Performance Based Christianity is one of the idols of the IFB NADD that needs to be torn down.

Binaca Chugger said:
- that he believes a Christian should have friends that challenge him towards godliness

The problem is:
- Pride:  Only my small group that I approve does God recognize as good enough to receive good things from Him.
- Pride:  He has made himself the one qualified to determine who gets God's blessings.
- Pride:  He has placed a curse upon those that do not meat his personal criteria.

I have experienced this junk on a very personal level.  I lived most of my life in efforts to earn God's blessings and power and "special filling" in my life.  I never could do it, and neither can you.  You cannot earn what God has already given.  Grace is God's enabling power of unmerited favor.  God finally caused me to realize that His grace is sufficient not just for my salvation, but also for my sanctification.  When I realized that grace is enough to sustain me in my Christian life and that God's mercy is new every day despite myself, I walked away from the IFB.  I have been in various ministries since.  I have the pleasurable opportunity to teach the Bible and counsel every day of my life, sharing the peace of God with others.  I feel very blessed by God. 

Yet, some Old Paths IFB folks have cursed me.  They have prophesied many things against me: my financial ruin, my wife would divorce me, my children would hate me - one even prophesied my painful death within a set time period.  These people base their success on what they can do for God and boast of their great efforts which is pride, the anti-thesis of godliness.  They compare themselves among themselves which is not wise.  I really believe they need my life to be "ruined" in order to prove their theory of performing for God in order to earn His blessing correct.  I feel sorry for the their snared condition.  They believe grace to be enough for their salvation, but deny grace to be enough for their fulfillment.

Performance Based Christianity is one of the idols of the IFB NADD that needs to be torn down.

Yes, IFB's so called old path types are unaware of grace in Christian living and serving.

Following Finney's "new measures", altar calls, and ritual invitations ends in burned over districts and cold dead congregations, with many unsaved members.

People who walked the aisle believed they are saved because the preacher said they were saved if they "let go and let God", even though they did not understand the gospel.

You can not gin up the moving of the Holy Spirit through freshly methods.

Grace is efficacious for salvation and for godly living.

Grace is needed for the service of ministry, guilt trips are not the answer.

Binaca Chugger said:

The problem is:

What you call "performance based christianity", I call carnal christianity. I never thought that carnal was because you liked fishing or baseball. I always thought "carnal" meant fleshly and carnal christians will always create more 'laws' to be fulfilled by the flesh in order to please God.

My big contribution to this thread:
An 'isle' is a shortened form of the word 'island'.
An 'aisle' is what one walks in a church, on the way to the altar which has hopefully not been altered beyond recognition...

Thank you for understanding, I simply had to say that.

brainisengaged said:
My big contribution to this thread:
An 'isle' is a shortened form of the word 'island'.
An 'aisle' is what one walks in a church, on the way to the altar which has hopefully not been altered beyond recognition...

Thank you for understanding, I simply had to say that.

lol good catch.

Corrected.