God will NEVER Bless me

groupie said:
I probably will never speak to him again.

Hopefully that is his decision, not yours.  I know it hurts to be cursed by these people you once considered your friend, but, there is that whole forgiveness thing.....  Personally though, I have tried to extend invitations to coffee with some of those who have treated me thus.  Most of them believe I am a waste of their time since I no longer build their ministries.  Still - forgiveness matters.

groupie said:
I was recently told by a former HAC teacher that I ran into that God will NEVER bless me.

His reasons -

God only blesses....

1. Soul winners that get converts down the aisle and people that get folks in the "water".

False.  This is what is wrong with the entire term "soul winning" - it is our job merely to witness to the truth.  According to the Scriptures (not men repeating other men's words), it is the Holy Spirit, not man, who brings conviction.  And it is the sinner that must realize his need to be saved.  If the sinner is merely getting you off of his porch, or being coerced by your psychological techniques, he is not saved.  It is God that saves.  Has this man never read the Bible about one man planting, others watering?  Maybe some people are mostly planters or waterers -- how dare the person who happened to be there when God saved the soul take credit for it?  This is also what is wrong with most soul winning promotions -- they award points for people getting saved and even more for people coming to church after salvation and even more for when they get baptized.  Again - unjust! If our duty is to tell the truth, then don't award points for the work of the Holy Spirit and the decisions of the [supposedly] newly saved.  Such a contest only teaches church members how to manipulate others.  Instead, award points for telling the truth or handing out tracts.  Period.  This man has NO scriptural basis for this claim.

2. Those that are faithful in a local, independent, fundamental Baptist Church.

The scriptures do tell us not to forsake the assembling of ourselves together.  However, there are independent fundamental churches that don't say "Baptist" -- and there are several churches that say "Baptist" and are not fundamental.  The measure of a church is not the words on the sign, but how faithful the preacher is to preach the Word of God, and (the hallmark of believers that Jesus talked about) how the members love one another.

Moreover, the Scriptures tell us that God sends rain (one form of blessing) on both the just and unjust, so there is no cause to say that He will "only" bless certain people.

3. God only blesses people that live a completely separated life.

Uh, that would be nobody.  No one is completely separated... we still sin.  This man has a serious problem with his view of God.  God is good.  All that are saved are precious to Him.  He blesses as He sees fit, not as man would have Him bless.

4. Those that pray much, give much and give much time to the Lord's work.

I'm not sure if the teacher said "and" -- this is an unusual combination -- usually, people who give much money don't spend as much time in prayer as those, say, on fixed incomes.  And people with busy jobs may not be able to give "much time" to the Lord's work.  People who give "much time" are often poorer.

The Scriptures say "give, and it shall be given to you...", but they do not say "give MUCH, and it shall be given".  Jesus was more impressed with the widows two mites than much higher amounts.

Even if the 'former HAC teacher' said "or", it would still be wrong.  Has he not read that the Scriptures tell us that ALL our unrighteousnesses are as filthy rags?  That includes the works we do AFTER salvation.  We hold up our filthy rags and ask God to bless us for them.  Those who know better don't plead their own works - they plead the righteousness of Jesus Christ - shining white garments - and make requests in His name.

5. That that surround themselves with holy folks.

Well, if you "surround" yourself with "holy folks", how do go soul winning, as per #1.  Jesus was known as a friend of sinners, and was around the ones that needed Him.  Many IFB types wouldn't invite unsaved neighbors to a cook-out; they are too afraid that they or their children might be "contaminated" by the unsaved being in such close proximity.

Your thoughts on this junk?

Given above.

About a year after I graduated from WCBC as I was about to leave and start my real education at a secular university, a member of the faculty (and my adult Sunday school teacher) told me that, "God would never bless you as long as you listened to Johnny Cash." The sad part is that he was deadly serious.

All these years later, steadfast in the service of the King, I still "Walk the Line!"  :) 8)

nib1066 said:
About a year after I graduated from WCBC as I was about to leave and start my real education at a secular university, a member of the faculty (and my adult Sunday school teacher) told me that, "God would never bless you as long as you listened to Johnny Cash." The sad part is that he was deadly serious.

All these years later, steadfast in the service of the King, I still "Walk the Line!"  :) 8)

Another teacher who doesn't understand the goodness of God.  He blesses the just and the unjust - the worst of humanity still are blessed by Him.  He blesses thieves, murderers, and drunkards.

And, yes, even those who "Walk the Line"  ;)

Now, if this teacher had said "Listening to Johnny Cash is not glorifying to God" or "God will not bless you as He could bless you as long as you listen to Johnny Cash", those would be entire different statements.  Such statements are more a matter of interpretation, as opposed to flatly contradicting what the Scriptures say.

The children of Israel wondered in the wilderness for 40 years, yet God still met their needs. 

God is good. 

Groupie, if you look over at the "Deterioration of HAC" thread, you'll see that God isn't blessing the people who believe those man-made rules.

groupie, I count you as my friend 8)...rise above what others think of you. God is your judge not man!! Keep on keeping on ...

groupie said:
I was recently told by a former HAC teacher that I ran into that God will NEVER bless me.

His reasons -

God only blesses....

1. Soul winners that get converts down the aisle and people that get folks in the "water".

MercyMe - Greater (Official Lyric Video)

fishinnut said:
groupie said:

His reasons -

God only blesses....

You stinkin' liberal.  Dont you know that a good fundie can listen to these songs only after they have been re-recorded by a fundie using only a piano and computerized orchestration?

Binaca Chugger said:
fishinnut said:
groupie said:

His reasons -

God only blesses....

You stinkin' liberal.  Dont you know that a good fundie can listen to these songs only after they have been re-recorded by a fundie using only a piano and computerized orchestration?
Oh.....I'm so forgetful. Good luck with that computerized orchestration. ::)

Computerized orchestrations.

They sound so lifeless and sterile.

Maybe that's what the artists prefer.

Sherryh said:
groupie, I count you as my friend 8)...rise above what others think of you. God is your judge not man!! Keep on keeping on ...

No worries. I was just bringing the topic to the FF peanut gallery.

Binaca Chugger said:
groupie said:
I probably will never speak to him again.

Hopefully that is his decision, not yours.  I know it hurts to be cursed by these people you once considered your friend, but, there is that whole forgiveness thing.....  Personally though, I have tried to extend invitations to coffee with some of those who have treated me thus.  Most of them believe I am a waste of their time since I no longer build their ministries.  Still - forgiveness matters.

More than likely his. He won't want to associate with a sinner such as I.  :p

I have always treated him well and have taken him to lunch and breakfast many times in the past.

If someone prefers computerized orchestrations...they are NOT an artist.

brainisengaged said:

Agreed, well said.

bgwilkinson said:
brainisengaged said:

Agreed, well said.

You bunch-o-deadbeat liberals.  Fundie singers are not artists!  They are servants of God who are preparing the people for the preaching!  They will listen to the modernist's music and record it at a slower speed, using only a piano and computerized orchestration.  They will then sing the song with only a piano (or organ if it is a big church) in church.  The membership will be all impressed with the song's message and the pastor will brag on the singer who lives such a testimony of the song.

Then..........

The pastor will rip, snort, hollar and stomp like against the genre which gave us the song like a good fundie pre-e-e-eacher should while the crowd whooops and hoooollers their AMEN's.

Oh - then the singer will sell his own recording of the song in the lobby after the service.

Binaca Chugger said:
bgwilkinson said:
brainisengaged said:

Agreed, well said.

You bunch-o-deadbeat liberals.  Fundie singers are not artists!  They are servants of God who are preparing the people for the preaching!  They will listen to the modernist's music and record it at a slower speed, using only a piano and computerized orchestration.  They will then sing the song with only a piano (or organ if it is a big church) in church.  The membership will be all impressed with the song's message and the pastor will brag on the singer who lives such a testimony of the song.

Then..........

The pastor will rip, snort, hollar and stomp like against the genre which gave us the song like a good fundie pre-e-e-eacher should while the crowd whooops and hoooollers their AMEN's.

Oh - then the singer will sell his own recording of the song in the lobby after the service.
::)

fishinnut said:
Binaca Chugger said:
bgwilkinson said:
brainisengaged said:

Agreed, well said.

Then..........

Yup, sad, but true.

fishinnut said:
Binaca Chugger said:
bgwilkinson said:
brainisengaged said:

Agreed, well said.

Then..........

Hey.  HEY!  HEY!

Don't you roll your eyes at me while I'm posting!  You better be careful, or I will proclaim all manner of evil against you!

I love you.

http://youtu.be/sBU6JFjSL3Q

gotta love the fundies

Binaca Chugger said:
fishinnut said:
Binaca Chugger said:
bgwilkinson said:
brainisengaged said:

Agreed, well said.

Then..........

Hey.  HEY!  HEY!

Don't you roll your eyes at me while I'm posting!  You better be careful, or I will proclaim all manner of evil against you!

I love you.

http://youtu.be/sBU6JFjSL3Q

gotta love the fundies
Well......do tell......if Froelke can roll his eyes up there behind that nutcase I can roll mine too.