God will NEVER Bless me

fishinnut said:
Binaca Chugger said:
fishinnut said:
Binaca Chugger said:
bgwilkinson said:
brainisengaged said:
If someone prefers computerized orchestrations...they are NOT an artist.

Agreed, well said.

You bunch-o-deadbeat liberals.  Fundie singers are not artists!  They are servants of God who are preparing the people for the preaching!  They will listen to the modernist's music and record it at a slower speed, using only a piano and computerized orchestration.  They will then sing the song with only a piano (or organ if it is a big church) in church.  The membership will be all impressed with the song's message and the pastor will brag on the singer who lives such a testimony of the song.

Then..........

The pastor will rip, snort, hollar and stomp like against the genre which gave us the song like a good fundie pre-e-e-eacher should while the crowd whooops and hoooollers their AMEN's.

Oh - then the singer will sell his own recording of the song in the lobby after the service.
::)

Hey.  HEY!  HEY!

Don't you roll your eyes at me while I'm posting!  You better be careful, or I will proclaim all manner of evil against you!

I love you.

http://youtu.be/sBU6JFjSL3Q

gotta love the fundies
Well......do tell......if Froelke can roll his eyes up there behind that nutcase I can roll mine too.

That video makes me laugh every time.

Binaca Chugger said:
fishinnut said:
Binaca Chugger said:
fishinnut said:
Binaca Chugger said:
bgwilkinson said:
brainisengaged said:

Agreed, well said.

You bunch-o-deadbeat liberals.  Fundie singers are not artists!  They are servants of God who are preparing the people for the preaching!  They will listen to the modernist's music and record it at a slower speed, using only a piano and computerized orchestration.  They will then sing the song with only a piano (or organ if it is a big church) in church.  The membership will be all impressed with the song's message and the pastor will brag on the singer who lives such a testimony of the song.

Then..........

The pastor will rip, snort, hollar and stomp like against the genre which gave us the song like a good fundie pre-e-e-eacher should while the crowd whooops and hoooollers their AMEN's.

Oh - then the singer will sell his own recording of the song in the lobby after the service.

Hey.  HEY!  HEY!

Don't you roll your eyes at me while I'm posting!  You better be careful, or I will proclaim all manner of evil against you!

I love you.

gotta love the fundies
Well......do tell......if Froelke can roll his eyes up there behind that nutcase I can roll mine too.

That so-called preacher is lucky he was addressing someone like me. What an arrogant jerk!

Back to the subject......So we should seek to follow this guys example.............not a chance. You think he was preaching from Phil. 2:3-5?

nib1066 said:
About a year after I graduated from WCBC as I was about to leave and start my real education at a secular university, a member of the faculty (and my adult Sunday school teacher) told me that, "God would never bless you as long as you listened to Johnny Cash." The sad part is that he was deadly serious.

All these years later, steadfast in the service of the King, I still "Walk the Line!"  :) 8)

If you tried a little Waylon Jennings, you could be "The Only Daddy That'll Walk the Line."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPv5NZR_Wtk

Walt said:
nib1066 said:
About a year after I graduated from WCBC as I was about to leave and start my real education at a secular university, a member of the faculty (and my adult Sunday school teacher) told me that, "God would never bless you as long as you listened to Johnny Cash." The sad part is that he was deadly serious.

All these years later, steadfast in the service of the King, I still "Walk the Line!"  :) 8)

Another teacher who doesn't understand the goodness of God.  He blesses the just and the unjust - the worst of humanity still are blessed by Him.  He blesses thieves, murderers, and drunkards.

And, yes, even those who "Walk the Line"  ;)

Now, if this teacher had said "Listening to Johnny Cash is not glorifying to God" or "God will not bless you as He could bless you as long as you listen to Johnny Cash", those would be entire different statements.  Such statements are more a matter of interpretation, as opposed to flatly contradicting what the Scriptures say.

Very well stated.

Binaca Chugger said:
groupie said:
I probably will never speak to him again.

Hopefully that is his decision, not yours.  I know it hurts to be cursed by these people you once considered your friend, but, there is that whole forgiveness thing.....  Personally though, I have tried to extend invitations to coffee with some of those who have treated me thus.  Most of them believe I am a waste of their time since I no longer build their ministries.  Still - forgiveness matters.

Forgiveness is essential.

Binaca Chugger said:
fishinnut said:
Binaca Chugger said:
fishinnut said:
Binaca Chugger said:
bgwilkinson said:
brainisengaged said:

Agreed, well said.

Then..........

Hey.  HEY!  HEY!

I love you.

gotta love the fundies

Meeee too!  I love it!

Binaca Chugger said:
fishinnut said:
Binaca Chugger said:
fishinnut said:
Binaca Chugger said:
bgwilkinson said:
brainisengaged said:

Agreed, well said.

Then..........

Hey.  HEY!  HEY!

I love you.

gotta love the fundies

When situations are handled poorly like this one was, unsaved people never walk the isle & visitors never return.

My guess is most people turned the preacher off at this point & decide like I did to never listen to him preach again.

sword said:
Binaca Chugger said:
fishinnut said:
Binaca Chugger said:
fishinnut said:
Binaca Chugger said:
bgwilkinson said:
brainisengaged said:

Agreed, well said.

Then..........

Hey.  HEY!  HEY!

I love you.

gotta love the fundies

When situations are handled poorly like this one was, unsaved people never walk the isle & visitors never return.

My guess is most people turned the preacher off at this point & decide like I did to never listen to him preach again.

I turned off Larry many years before this. First met him as a hac teacher in 1988 and he is the same jerk he was back then.