Grace Journey is out by Cindy Hyles Collins

Binaca Chugger

Doctor
Registered
Reaction score
Indeed. I don't have to look far - in my own life, I could have and did use this phrase many times; some times, it was clearly God's leading; other times, it was my own inclinations I was following. There are big decisions, such as joining a church or whom to marry, and there are lesser decisions. I believe that time is a great revealer in these cases. I can say that my marriage has been God's leading. I have joined churches that I would have said were God's leading, but, in hindsight, they were not. However, the last time we left a (cult-like) church, I can definitely say that it was God's leading; we were blessed to find an excellent church, and all of the family has grown more spiritual there.

I do believe God leads and I do believe we can know His leading. I don't judge if God was leading me or not by how well I enjoyed the outcome. God led the children of Israel into the wilderness, Jesus to the cross and He will sometimes lead me to a trying time. I do believe many leaders in the wide array of Christendom use the phrase "God is leading me to..." normally followed by "so you should....." as a way to command followers that will not be met with question or challenge.

Binaca Chugger

Doctor
Registered
Reaction score
Disappointed she has dropped her dress standards and the guy she married not a strong KJV. She did have her life turned upside down, maybe contributed to dropping her standards

YOU STINKIN' DUMB-BUNNY!