Hacker Trivia!!

Tennessean said:
Follow up.

A few weeks ago a dear lady asked me if there was a Bible that was arranged chronologically. I told her about The Reese Chronological Bible. She bought one and told me she loves it.

I love it too. I read it from end to end one year. It made me see old passages in an entirely new way. It is very enlightening, especially in the section about the kings/prophets, and in the life of Christ.

Norefund said:
Anyone remember....

This guy used to have the best singing voice in the school. He was somewhat short of stature with reddish hair. He attended in the mid-70's. Allegedly, he was expelled due to joining in with others at HAC that believed and espoused that one could live a perfectly sinless life.He once played the prodigal son in a chapel skit that involved the oldest man who was currently a student playing the father.

I am actually asking as I don't remember his name myself.
Brian Carter.....

RAIDER said:
"What HAC professor (who was truly intelligent) was infamous for being "out in left field" while he taught?

Ed Reese

While there were a couple of other valid answers, Ed Reese was the king.  A brilliant man with an "out in left field" teaching method.  Reese was infamous for his "Biographies of Great Men" class.  He would hand out notes at the beginning of the semester.  If you studied off of these notes you would fail the class.  He would ramble while looking at the ceiling and side walls of the class.  Guys would literally bring newspapers and magazines to class and read them while Reese taught.  Many a Hacker caught up on sleep during class.  Reese never broke pace.  He just kept on rambling!  :)

"What was the main purpose of the room to the side of the ping pong table?"

RAIDER said:
RAIDER said:
"What HAC professor (who was truly intelligent) was infamous for being "out in left field" while he taught?

Ed Reese

While there were a couple of other valid answers, Ed Reese was the king.  A brilliant man with an "out in left field" teaching method.  Reese was infamous for his "Biographies of Great Men" class.  He would hand out notes at the beginning of the semester.  If you studied off of these notes you would fail the class.  He would ramble while looking at the ceiling and side walls of the class.  Guys would literally bring newspapers and magazines to class and read them while Reese taught.  Many a Hacker caught up on sleep during class.  Reese never broke pace.  He just kept on rambling!  :)
If you read his book on "great christians", you'd know he is still in left field rambling.

prophet said:
RAIDER said:
RAIDER said:

Ed Reese

If you read his book on "great christians", you'd know he is still in left field rambling.

I remember a good friend of mine getting aggravated about some of the guys Reese magnified in the Biographies of Great Men class.

RAIDER said:
prophet said:
RAIDER said:
RAIDER said:

Ed Reese

I remember a good friend of mine getting aggravated about some of the guys Reese magnified in the Biographies of Great Men class.
Great Men is one thing.
Including Catholics in a biographical history of Christianity, is another.

I really don't look up to Edward Longshanks, for instance.

prophet said:
RAIDER said:
prophet said:
RAIDER said:
RAIDER said:

Ed Reese

Great Men is one thing.
Including Catholics in a biographical history of Christianity, is another.

I really don't look up to Edward Longshanks, for instance.

Bingo!

RAIDER said:

During which placement of the ping pong table?  It moved quite a bit over the years.

Binaca Chugger said:
RAIDER said:

During which placement of the ping pong table?  It moved quite a bit over the years.

When it was a part of the miniature golf course.

Binaca Chugger said:
RAIDER said:

It was down below, next to the Kitchen that prepared food for the Eagle's Nest, or whatever that was for a while.

True story.
My first week or so as a freshman, I was down there playing pingpong, and some well-meaning guy was trying to set me up with a date.
I told him that I wasnt there to date (I had lived a wild life for several years, and wanted to get established first).
He said "what are you, a fag?"

Without missing a return, I back-kicked him in the mouth, with my Ostrich boots, and kept ponging.
It was a close match, that had gone into the upper 20's, and I didn't want to lose just to smite some scorner.
Needless to say, he didnt press the issue, and we have been fast friends since.

The girl wasnt really attractive,  anyway, and I didn't want to say that out loud.

RAIDER said:

The kitchen

Nice job, Prophet!

prophet said:
Binaca Chugger said:
RAIDER said:

It was down below, next to the Kitchen that prepared food for the Eagle's Nest, or whatever that was for a while.

True story.
My first week or so as a freshman, I was down there playing pingpong, and some well-meaning guy was trying to set me up with a date.
I told him that I wasnt there to date (I had lived a wild life for several years, and wanted to get established first).
He said "what are you, a fag?"

Without missing a return, I back-kicked him in the mouth, with my Ostrich boots, and kept ponging.
It was a close match, that had gone into the upper 20's, and I didn't want to lose just to smite some scorner.
Needless to say, he didnt press the issue, and we have been fast friends since.

The girl wasnt really attractive,  anyway, and I didn't want to say that out loud.
You didn't want to divulge the real reason you were at college....PING PONG!

Thanks. Does anyone have any idea whatever became of him? He had such a great voice that I always wondered if he was able to use it in the ministry or professionally.

fishinnut said:
Norefund said:
Anyone remember....

This guy used to have the best singing voice in the school. He was somewhat short of stature with reddish hair. He attended in the mid-70's. Allegedly, he was expelled due to joining in with others at HAC that believed and espoused that one could live a perfectly sinless life.He once played the prodigal son in a chapel skit that involved the oldest man who was currently a student playing the father.

I am actually asking as I don't remember his name myself.
Brian Carter.....

Didn't Brian marry a girl from Michigan I can't think of her name....but she was a blonde and very cute.

"What was the name of the 'restaurant' that was on the left hand side of the main hallway as you walked from the entrance of HAC to the information desk?  It was suppose to be a bit fancier and was only open at select times"

RAIDER said:
"What was the name of the 'restaurant' that was on the left hand side of the main hallway as you walked from the entrance of HAC to the information desk?  It was suppose to be a bit fancier and was only open at select times"
My wife and I met some missionaries there for a small banquet, for our first date.

I went to a surprise birthday party there once, with people who were all church members and not HAC staff or faculty. The HAC girl waiting on our table nearly had a heart attack when the birthday boy was given a football jersey as a gift. He joked that he was going to try it on. The HAC girl literally nearly fainted...then with her eyes averted she asked someone, "Is he really going to do that?" Well he did! He put the jersey on over his shirt. Whew, that was quite a scare for that girl for a moment. She was so afraid he was going to take his shirt off to put the new one on...

I remember very much feeling as if the college girls waiting on us thought we were just the most heathen beings they'd ever had to come across, and they'd have to take a bath after serving us just to get feeling clean and holy again.

Kinda funny, really.

brainisengaged said:
I went to a surprise birthday party there once, with people who were all church members and not HAC staff or faculty. The HAC girl waiting on our table nearly had a heart attack when the birthday boy was given a football jersey as a gift. He joked that he was going to try it on. The HAC girl literally nearly fainted...then with her eyes averted she asked someone, "Is he really going to do that?" Well he did! He put the jersey on over his shirt. Whew, that was quite a scare for that girl for a moment. She was so afraid he was going to take his shirt off to put the new one on...

I remember very much feeling as if the college girls waiting on us thought we were just the most heathen beings they'd ever had to come across, and they'd have to take a bath after serving us just to get feeling clean and holy again.

I think that this is why the HAC students thought the HB kids were rebels, worldly, etc; where we were just normal.  FBC before HAC was really just a bunch of normal people who happened to attend a large church.  HAC really changed the look and feel of FBC when the college started.

Kinda funny, really.