Hacker Trivia!!

Teri in NC said:
RAIDER said:
What was the guy's name who sang in chapel in the early '80s.  He tried to imitate Ray Hart.  He would always carry his New Testament with him while he sang.  I remember him singing "I'm Justified" on more than one occasion.

Was a correct answer given here?

No

RAIDER said:
What was the guy's name who sang in chapel in the early '80s.  He tried to imitate Ray Hart.  He would always carry his New Testament with him while he sang.  I remember him singing "I'm Justified" on more than one occasion.

I posted this question thinking someone would know.  If I recall correctly his name was Renold Gardner.  Does that ring a bell with any of you early/mid '80 Hackers?

RAIDER said:
RAIDER said:

I posted this question thinking someone would know.  If I recall correctly his name was Renold Gardner.  Does that ring a bell with any of you early/mid '80 Hackers?
Wrong.........he wasn't a singer. But he did carry his Bible as he ran all over the campus taking pics for the Caber. It was Dan.

fishinnut said:
RAIDER said:
RAIDER said:

Wrong.........he wasn't a singer. But he did carry his Bible as he ran all over the campus taking pics for the Caber. It was Dan.

You are correct about Renold.  I was mistaken.  The guy I'm thinking of was not Dan Daniels.

RAIDER said:

Just received a text from The Ive.  He said his name was Mark Wilson.

RAIDER said:
RAIDER said:

Ivey texts?????????????????????????????????

Teri in NC said:
RAIDER said:
RAIDER said:

With a nub!

RAIDER said:
Teri in NC said:
RAIDER said:
RAIDER said:

With a nub!

I'm laughing thinking about this!!!!

Teri in NC said:
RAIDER said:
Teri in NC said:
RAIDER said:
RAIDER said:

With a nub!

That is the photo that appears when he calls me on my cell phone.  :)  If I could figure our how to post a photo from my cell phone to the FFF I would post it.

RAIDER said:
Teri in NC said:
RAIDER said:
Teri in NC said:
RAIDER said:
RAIDER said:

With a nub!

That is the photo that appears when he calls me on my cell phone.  :)  If I could figure our how to post a photo from my cell phone to the FFF I would post it.

I talked to his cousin last week.  The one that works at the shop where Owen lost his finger.

Teri in NC said:
RAIDER said:
Teri in NC said:
RAIDER said:
Teri in NC said:
RAIDER said:
RAIDER said:

With a nub!

I talked to his cousin last week.  The one that works at the shop where Owen lost his finger.

A historical location!

What was the name of the female English teacher at HAC that could toss someone out of her clalss with a smile on her face?

fishinnut said:
RAIDER said:
What was the name of the female English teacher at HAC that could toss someone out of her clalss with a smile on her face?
Hobbs?

You got it!  Judy Hobbs

What was the guys name in the late '80s/early '90s who did a perfect impersonation of Dr. Hyles?

Who was the first person to be expelled from Bob Jones University and HAC (in that order)?

Vince Massi said:
Who was the first person to be expelled from Bob Jones University and HAC (in that order)?

Talk about a legendary creature!  The very thought of someone attending BJU and transferring to HAC is enough of a miracle.

RAIDER said:
Vince Massi said:

Talk about a legendary creature!  The very thought of someone attending BJU and transferring to HAC is enough of a miracle.

Actually, he didn't transfer; BJU expelled him. But your principles are correct. He wasn't evil; he was a bozo. Enrolling him at BJU was a mistake. Enrolling him at HAC after they expelled him was a stupider one.

Vince Massi said:
RAIDER said:
Vince Massi said:
Actually, he didn't transfer; BJU expelled him. But your principles are correct. He wasn't evil; he was a bozo. Enrolling him at BJU was a mistake. Enrolling him at HAC after they expelled him was a stupider one.
When discussing Christian Colleges, time period is important. Colleges change over time and the Tennessee Temple of the 60's was very different than the 80's or 90's.

Remember, in the days before HAC, Bob Jones was one of the schools Dr. Hyles often recommended. It was his college of choice for young people who did not intend to go into the ministry. First Baptist had a dozen or so students at a time at both TT and BJU.. 

Who was the first student to be expelled from HAC and Maranatha (in that order)?