Have you been vaccinated?

Tarheel Baptist

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
Had first shot. Am 50% of the way to being part of borg collective.

I have not. I never get flu shots either, and I rarely even take advil/tylenol for headaches or other pains. Just never been a medication type of person. Since I've already had COVID - a relatively mild case compared to so many others I know, I'm not too concerned about needing to protect myself from it. I'll wait it out until it is necessary.

I believe in vaccines, but these are not, so no.

The one they're giving here in Mexico is 90% effective. Since my wife and I had Covid-19 last year, we are safer than a person who has been vaccinated.

After much research I joined team Pfizer. It wasn't an easy choice. There is plenty of reason to be cautious and concerned.

I had no idea the vaccine was the biggest hoax since the NIV!

Last edited:
I have not. I never get flu shots either, and I rarely even take advil/tylenol for headaches or other pains. Just never been a medication type of person. Since I've already had COVID - a relatively mild case compared to so many others I know, I'm not too concerned about needing to protect myself from it. I'll wait it out until it is necessary.
Heh... I thought I had written this when I first saw it... this is EXACTLY what I think about it at present.

I always get a flu shot. We just got our first vaccine shot. We go back 5/21 for the second. I didn't feel it but my husband did. No side affects yet...

Reaction of the anti-vaxxer folk to the government's order for mandatory smallpox vaccinations in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil in 1904 [I am not necessarily recommending that we do anything like this here in the good old USA]:

File:Guerra Vaccino-Obrigateza!.jpg

Streetcar overturned during the revolt.

If you are numbers guy the vaccine is still the safer route. Death percentage of the vaccine is .003%. Death percentage of Covid itself is 1.8%. In raw numbers about 2,000 dead in US due to the vaccine (with about 1/3 of the population vaccinated) vs. 550,000 dead due to the disease.