Hmmmm

I've been following this story, and news media has finally confirmed that it was Tom Vineyard, pastor of Windsor Hills Baptist Church, who killed a burglar inside Tom's house. Police stated that "shots were fired," but didn't specify if the burglar had fired a weapon.

To me this is horribly sad. Not because I don't believe in protecting your home and family and not because I don't believe in guns. I have them but I absolutely hope that I never have to use them. Tom and family have my prayers.

If the man had a gun or any weapon then good for Tom.  Even if he did not have a weapon Tom had the right to protect his family. 

Tom, like all Vineyards, are excellent shots and know their weapons well.  Could he not have just held the man at gun point until the authorities arrived?  Why use deadly force? Could he not have just taken out a kneecap and held him until authorities arrived?  From the sounds of the local reporting on this story these questions will be answered.  I believe Tom has burned many bridges with the local media and they are hovering on this one. 

We will see

Even if he did not have a weapon Tom had the right to protect his family.

Said Jesus never.

rsc2a said:

Said Jesus never.

True he did not, but God put that nature of protecting in his creation.  Go threaten a bear and her cubs and see the outcome.

Maybe it was just that - a home invasion where the homeowner defended his home - which is legal. 

Or.........

Was anybody missing at church Sunday?

Just me said:
rsc2a said:

Said Jesus never.

True he did not, but God put that nature of protecting in his creation.  Go threaten a bear and her cubs and see the outcome.

And if the guy didn't have a weapon,  I fail to see where lethal force would be necessary to protect his "cubs".

But then,  right wing 'Christianity" - justifying homicide to protect your TV since who knows when.

rsc2a said:
Just me said:
rsc2a said:

Said Jesus never.

And if the guy didn't have a weapon,  I fail to see where lethal force would be necessary to protect his "cubs".

But then,  right wing 'Christianity" - justifying homicide to protect your TV since who knows when.

The guy had weapons the minute he entered the house, two hands and two feet. Even a left wing liberal should know that.

rsc2a said:
Just me said:
rsc2a said:

Said Jesus never.

Silly rsc2a, save your little jabs for the right poster

Tom did the right thing.  Anyone kicking in your door is a threat and is there with bad intentions. 

Tanner said:
Tom did the right thing.  Anyone kicking in your door is a threat and is there with bad intentions.

He may or may not be within his legal rights, but it does not mean he did the right thing.  That remains to be seen.

When someone breaks into your home, you do not know their intent. You need to protect you family.

kaba said:
When someone breaks into your home, you do not know their intent. You need to protect you family.

And then the neighbor kid ends up dead...

rsc2a said:
kaba said:

And then the neighbor kid ends up dead...

If someone illegally breaks into your home (why dont they just knock and use the front door), you have every right BY LAW to protect your family. Rather have the illegal intruder hurt than any of my family members!!

Frankly,  I'm more concerned with what Jesus said than the law.  Where did He say we could waste someone because they are after our  television?

rsc2a said:
Frankly,  I'm more concerned with what Jesus said than the law.  Where did He say we could waste someone because they are after our  television?

Do you have family? Not going to argue with you. I love my children and would do all to protect them.