I am handing out Doctorates today... today only!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr HukNduck what do you mean? Aren't you already a Dr?
Yes and no. Technically I do have a doctorate, but law school graduates don’t call themselves “doctor.” It’s basically just a three-year master’s degree, not a real doctorate degree.

Yes and no. Technically I do have a doctorate, but law school graduates don’t call themselves “doctor.” It’s basically just a three-year master’s degree, not a real doctorate degree.
I choose that you are Dr HukNduk.

as an archery instructor and primitive bowhunter - who makes my own arrows by hand and from scratch... and can not only kill the wild pigs but also haul them into the kitchen and cook them.... (and also loves to post recipes)..... i really have no idea why i would deserve a doctorate ..:unsure: ..and probably don;t..... :confused:... .. and since i only made it half way in my college studies to becoming a real medical doctor and got pretty beat up in the process - i would feel kinda embarrassed trying to explain why i should be given a doctor degree anyway now....🤕 ... ... .. but i still want one coz then the friend from church i have who sometimes peeks in and lurks this forum, - and who also knows i didn;t make into medical school.. will see it and hopefully be impressed...:)... if only mildly so.....:sneaky:
Done!

As a real Doctor, my degree is worthless compared to the Doctorate that could be bestowed upon one here.

TBH, I never knew how someone got the “doctor” title on this forum. I wasn’t sure if the moderator had to bestow the title or if it just magically appeared once a poster contributed a certain amount of posts.

thank you... and congratulations in return doctor gringo... :).. ...and thanks also to fssl for this unexpected honor...👩‍🎓.
I'm not Dr Gringo here. But YOU deserve it as I'm sure EVERYONE here will agree.

I don't think the educational committee here (Dr FSSL and Dr Ransom) should give out too many Honorary degrees (to distance themselves from what some schools have done). HOWEVER, I believe that if ANYONE should be given an HONORary degree it should be you.

While Dr FSSL was being funny in this post, I actually think it's a good idea if done sparingly.

This is a forum of ideas and deep thought and I think this is a great way to honor those who stand our THROUGH YEARS OF attendance and participation.

The second person that I'd like to see receive his HONORary PH.D this year is Alayman. He has been here many years and conducts himself in a way befitting the title.

While there are MANY great people here that deserve honorary "doctorates", to make it mean something special, you and he are my picks for THIS year.

Anyway, Merry Christmas, Dr Aleshanee.

Gringo

I'm not Dr Gringo here. But YOU deserve it as I'm sure EVERYONE here will agree.

I don't think the educational committee here (Dr FSSL and Dr Ransom) should give out too many Honorary degrees (to distance themselves from what some schools have done). HOWEVER, I believe that if ANYONE should be given an HONORary degree it should be you.

While Dr FSSL was being funny in this post, I actually think it's a good idea if done sparingly.

This is a forum of ideas and deep thought and I think this is a great way to honor those who stand our THROUGH YEARS OF attendance and participation.

The second person that I'd like to see receive his HONORary PH.D this year is Alayman. He has been here many years and conducts himself in a way befitting the title.

While there are MANY great people here that deserve honorary "doctorates", to make it mean something special, you and he are my picks for THIS year.

Anyway, Merry Christmas, Dr Aleshanee.

Gringo
thanks dr gringo.. ...i don;t know what to say ... but i;m honored to know you feel that way about me.. ...i think you do deserve the doctor title here because - while you disagree with most of us here on some major things, you bring a perspective to the forum not many are exposed to.... ..not that it would change our beliefs but it can sometimes challenge them... ...and that;s a good thing in my opinion... ..... ... a very merry christmas to you and yours dr gringo.... ...aleshanee.... .....

Actually, there is a church there. Doesn't look like the same one. Here's a link to their pastor's page.

Doesn't look like anything has been updated since 2015 though.
Mike Paulsen was pastor of Touchet Baptist Church many years ago. Super nice guy and an avid Ruckman fan but not a total jerk about it. I corresponded with him a number of times during my last couple years as an IFBer. Ruckman got wind of Paulsen putting his material up on the web, threatened him with a lawsuit, and called him an "Immoral Pirate" in his bulletin. I think this was the last straw for me (that and perhaps the Joshua and Caleb Thompson ordeal in Austin, TX). All of my Ruckman commentaries came off the shelf and went straight into the trash can which went straight to the curb where the trash man picked it up the next day! I then changed my FFF moniker from "KJV_BELIEVER" to "Baptist Renegade" and never looked back! :cool:

Mike Paulsen was pastor of Touchet Baptist Church many years ago. Super nice guy and an avid Ruckman fan but not a total jerk about it. I corresponded with him a number of times during my last couple years as an IFBer. Ruckman got wind of Paulsen putting his material up on the web, threatened him with a lawsuit, and called him an "Immoral Pirate" in his bulletin. I think this was the last straw for me (that and perhaps the Joshua and Caleb Thompson ordeal in Austin, TX). All of my Ruckman commentaries came off the shelf and went straight into the trash can which went straight to the curb where the trash man picked it up the next day! I then changed my FFF moniker from "KJV_BELIEVER" to "Baptist Renegade" and never looked back! :cool:
awe... you should have used them for door stops and props to keep furnitures and such level... my sister says she remembers jack hyles books being used to keep her dresser propped up when she was little coz it had the legs missing on one side... . plus other parts of the floor in their house were not level and had holes in it... so they used his books there too....

but i always wondered how you came up with the name baptist renegade..... by the way..... congratulations doctor.... ....now we both have another title to go along with the ones we got years ago from the petersonic institute of cankerous knowledge left on earth..... aka pickle u.... :cool:

Last edited:
I never knew. All I remember of that church is the billboard on Hwy 12. After I joined the FFF, some were talking about the church and I looked them up on my trusty 56k dialup. I found their website and a link to their annual "Christmas Santa Shoot".

as an archery instructor and primitive bowhunter - who makes my own arrows by hand and from scratch... and can not only kill the wild pigs but also haul them into the kitchen and cook them.... (and also loves to post recipes)..... i really have no idea why i would deserve a doctorate ..:unsure: ..and probably don;t..... :confused:... .. and since i only made it half way in my college studies to becoming a real medical doctor and got pretty beat up in the process - i would feel kinda embarrassed trying to explain why i should be given a doctor degree anyway now....🤕 ... ... .. but i still want one coz then the friend from church i have who sometimes peeks in and lurks this forum, - and who also knows i didn;t make into medical school.. will see it and hopefully be impressed...:)... if only mildly so.....:sneaky:
I would vote for you - honorary doctorate in archery and honesty!

though he hasn;t said anything about it himself - i nominate voicecrying for an honorary forum doctorate.... ....just look at his picture... . any man that can keep that much hair into his 50s has got to be doing something right.... :cool:(y)
How old is that picture?

I have two post-secondary diplomas. Seems to me you should be able to redeem them for one big one.

Status
Not open for further replies.