Introduction

FundamentalDan said:
I don't remember actually being encouraged to miss visitation for political campaigning until one of the church members'  brother ran for mayor of Bethany.  Then it started to happen all the time.  I do remember questioning a teacher as to why Earnest Istook, a Mormon, was addressing the church about being brothers in Christ on a Sunday morning.  God's church is much greater than any political office.  It is a shame to debase the pulpit from the truths of God's Word to a cheap political speech.  The same could be a said for our command to go and evangelize every person.

I can remember that college students started skipping these because they had too many kids to visit on the bus route and cared more about them than the stupid politicians so a rule was made that you had to go "check in" just like chapel and if someone didn't they would receive demerits. Well this became a problem because then they started giving each college student 50-100 doors to go and if you had group of 3-5 people in a car (cause of the 3 girl 2 guy rule) it would take all morning to get it done.

So resourceful college students got around it by checking in and then sending everyone back to the car but 1 person. That person would get maybe 50-100 doors and then all 5 people would work on them made the time go by much faster.

I remember having to do this,jav had us do it for sally kern, nice lady but telling people about Christ is far more important than telling someone about a political candidate

CrAyCrAyJaY said:
...telling people about Christ is far more important than telling someone about a political candidate
What happens if you can't personally endorse JAV's candidate of choice? Did he impose his will on everyone, like it or not?

Basically yes, we didn't have a say in it and it was for a candidate that he approved of

Citadel of Truth said:
CrAyCrAyJaY said:
...telling people about Christ is far more important than telling someone about a political candidate
What happens if you can't personally endorse JAV's candidate of choice? Did he impose his will on everyone, like it or not?

College students had no choice but to go do as ordered or you were dealt with harshly.  Church members were bullied into it. 

But authority had no way to know how the individuals actually voted!! ;) :D

CrAyCrAyJaY said:
Basically yes, we didn't have a say in it and it was for a candidate that he approved of

Which basically implied that he was smarter than everyone else? Did he tell his staff who they were to vote for as well? Or, was his candidate usually the "obvious choice"?

I still believe that those men are a bunch of cowards for not laying Tom out and kicking his face in.

Citadel of Truth said:
Bruh said:
So if ur Pastor sends ur wife an inappropriate texts you would quietly leave the church?

Yes, and be quietly waiting for him by his car...

YES!! Perfect. Finally someone that will protect his wife.

You my friend are worthy to have a wife. 

Cicero said:
Please allow me to introduce myself. I'm a long time (years) FF reader or you might even call me a troll on the OBC site. I'm a born again Christian and former member of WHBC and you might even call me a former koolaid drinker. If I divulge too much info, the WHBC staff (and I know they have eyes on this site) will figure out who I am and try their best to ruin my entire family by sending letters of discontent and lies across the nation to various churches along with a certain blog that supposedly is seen around the world telling the same lies by the same liar. With that said, I will say, I was a member for a very long time but I will not say how long due to the above statement. I will admit, I stayed way too long but I will not explain why.
Why am I just now getting involved in the FF site you might ask?
My answer is that I am fed up with the lies and deceit spewing from 5517 NW 23rd. I am sick of the holier-than-thou attitudes coming from every staff member of this church from the pastor to the secretary. Their vemonous HATE for all other Bible believing Christians that have left WHBC and are happily serving Christ in other churches around OKC is nothing but cultish. In closing. I thank the LORD that he has opened my eyes and heart to what loving and praising GOD is all about by placing my family in a church that is Christ centered instead of man centered. May God have mercy on them.
[/quote

Cicero, I know just what you mean.  Your comments are like a mirror to what happened to us am the many people who left BHBC, and pastor R C jr.  The lies told about people who left,  the setting himself up as God of the church and Noone could question him on his actions.  Even the founding pastor has now left.  I hear he has put his son in law in as secretary. ...administrative assistant. ..lol and gave him a raise.over the former secretary.  But it was always all about his family.  That was what caused the original problem.  Them his pride to over, then the lies started.  Then he started.into jealousy and started preaching on how absolom was.trying to take over his church.  See sermons April 2013.  Notice some sermons are.missing from their website. 

Like you we went on to serve the.Lord and never skipped a beat.  But the problems at BHBC are still flowing and will until pastor Carter repents of his sin.  For the Lord chastens those who He loves and scourge the every son who He receiveth.

Whatsoever ye sew that shall ye also reap.

I wish he would just get right so God doesn't have to chastened him.  I pleaded with him to do so but he is highly prideful and refused.

It is amazing how much these two churches in the save general area.are so much ike.

Don't be discouraged.  Keep your eyes on the Lord and serve Him, not man.

It is sad that many who have left WHBC because of Tommy Boys lady issues (and I am glad they walked) have moved on to another church just like WHBC.  The unScriptural position on authority, the cult like control exercised by the pastor and staff and many if not all the same terrible treatments of the church members.

oldfashionedbrat said:
Well I had not intended to post here, because sites like this can get too addicting and become a waste of time, lol, but I do check in here every few months or so, out of morbid curiosity. And if you want an example of a letter that WHBC/OBC might send to destroy someone's life, I can provide a good one.

I graduated from OBC in the spring, several years ago, and I secured a position in another church that was to begin at the end of the summer. So I stayed on OKC over the summer, living in my own apartment off campus, working my job and still helping with my OBC bus route. Since I was graduated and living on my own, I chose to grow some sort of facial hair, (a goattee or something, I don't remember). For weeks, the bus director apparently didn't notice it.

Then one Saturday, there was another pointless political event, where WHBC decided to support some candidate for local office (who would, of course, go on to lose, as usual, lol), and they had the college students cut into their soulwinning time in order to hang political flyers in people's doors. Well I only had a few hours before I had to work that day, so I skipped the doorhanging and went straight to my bus visiting. Somebody must have turned me in to the bus director, because the next day, Sunday, before I got on my bus, he pulled me aside and chewed me out for going soulwinning rather than doorhanging, and then he brought up my facial hair as well. He threatened to send a letter to the church I was about to move to, withdrawing OBC's recommendation and telling them that I had no regard for authority and would only cause problems in the church. I was understandably very upset, but i told the bus director that I would think it over and give him an answer the next week, and I then ran my bus route that morning, but skipped church and bus ride home.

Anyway, after thinking it over that week, I decided that I didn't need my facial hair badly enough to jeopardize my future career, lol, so I shaved it and all was well, the letter was not. But yes, that was definitely the final nail in the coffin as to my opinion of OBC, and it was with such a sigh of relief that I soon afterward drove away from that city, church, and college forever.

I just had to share my own story on crazy OBC rules, only from a girl's perspective. I finished OBC a semester early at Christmas time and worked an outside job at a clothing store.  In March I was told I needed to see Finn or I wouldn't be able to walk and graduate.  Of course I wondered what I could have done.  I wasn't even at school.  There was a huge meeting with Mr and Mrs Finn, Mrs. Ross, and my father and I.  Apparently I was seen at work without hose on and with shoes without a back!!  I was also told these are small steps. Next I'd be wearing skirts with slits and slit obviously means slut. (We were told that all the time). Needless to say I confirmed and graduated. But I'm still shaking my head at the memory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What?????  "Apparently I was seen at work without hose on and with shoes without a back!!"

Well you know the KVV (King Vineyard Version)  in Proverbs 7:10 calls that the attire of a Harlot! I bet you even today would go outside in public wearing Flip Flops showing all your naked ankles!!  smh