Is Commonwealth College in Lexington now HAC south?

Tennessean

Elect
Reaction score
Yesteday I saw a picture from the Clays Mill/Commonwealth College youth conference that really disturbs me. I think that CBC is fast becoming HAC south. Both colleges were started with help from Russell Anderson. CBC has many admin and fsculty and staff that were longtime HAC employees. There was even a visit from CF last dummer leading some to think... but that never materialized. But yesterday at the CMRBC/CBC youth conference. On the front row were 2 teenagers in, TRENCHCOATS. In the intrest of full disclosure I must say that one of the teenagers in a trenchcoat is my nephew.

Tennessean said:
Yesteday I saw a picture from the Clays Mill/Commonwealth College youth conference that really disturbs me. I think that CBC is fast becoming HAC south. Both colleges were started with help from Russell Anderson. CBC has many admin and fsculty and staff that were longtime HAC employees. There was even a visit from CF last dummer leading some to think... but that never materialized. But yesterday at the CMRBC/CBC youth conference. On the front row were 2 teenagers in, TRENCHCOATS.

What's next? The discovery of tunnels under the original CBC building? It was a hotel dating back to the days of prohibition.

HMM

I live about 20 miles from Lexington. Lexington is a city with many churches and many large churches. Clay Mills is far from the largest.  Clay Mills is not even the largest Baptist Church in Lexington.  The appearance of the college along the interstate is laughable. It has one nice building with the old motel in the background. It is the perfect picture of a basement Bible College. IMHO it is a wannbe. Just one more IFB school competing for a niche of students that appears to be getting smaller and smaller.

LongGone said:
Tennessean said:
Yesteday I saw a picture from the Clays Mill/Commonwealth College youth conference that really disturbs me. I think that CBC is fast becoming HAC south. Both colleges were started with help from Russell Anderson. CBC has many admin and fsculty and staff that were longtime HAC employees. There was even a visit from CF last dummer leading some to think... but that never materialized. But yesterday at the CMRBC/CBC youth conference. On the front row were 2 teenagers in, TRENCHCOATS.

What's next? The discovery of tunnels under the original CBC building? It was a hotel dating back to the days of prohibition.

HMM

I live about 20 miles from Lexington. Lexington is a city with many churches and many large churches. Clay Mills is far from the largest.  Clay Mills is not even the largest Baptist Church in Lexington.  The appearance of the college along the interstate is laughable. It has one nice building with the old motel in the background. It is the perfect picture of a basement Bible College. IMHO it is a wannbe. Just one more IFB school competing for a niche of students that appears to be getting smaller and smaller.

Well they thought about putting the college in the castle, but decided they needed more space.

I am sure Patriot would have a much better first hand knowledge. With an honest opinion.

Tennessean said:
LongGone said:
Tennessean said:

HMM

Well they thought about putting the college in the castle, but decided they needed more space.
Do they give tours in that castle?

LongGone said:
Tennessean said:

HMM

When I was in California last I visited both the campus of West Coast Baptist College & Golden State Baptist College. They both were small but very nice campuses. I think Crown has a nice looking campus as well. Any College located on W. Beaver Creek rd. can't be all that bad.

kaba said:
I am sure Patriot would have a much better first hand knowledge. With an honest opinion.

I bet Patriotic would too!  :)

LongGone said:

Who said that Clay Mills is the largest church in Lexington?  Did I miss something?  Because they bought a motel and converted it into a college makes them a "basement Bible college"?  That also makes them a "wannabe"?  Maybe you can help me.  What are they wanting to be?  You must have a great knowledge of the church and college to be making these type of comments.

16KJV11 said:
Tennessean said:
LongGone said:
Tennessean said:

HMM

Do they give tours in that castle?

It is now a luxury hotel. Last I heard (5 yrs) rooms started at about $300 a night.

LongGone said:

You might want to check this for signs of snobbish superiority... You just might.

LongGone said:
Tennessean said:

HMM

I think Southeast Christian is in that area, now that is the place to go if you want to take a tour.
Well at least Kentucky area. They have four locations.

https://www.southeastchristian.org/

bgwilkinson said:
I think Southeast Christian is in that area, now that is the place to go if you want to take a tour.

But what if you were looking for an IFB Bible college instead of a tour?  :)

RAIDER said:
bgwilkinson said:

But what if you were looking for an IFB Bible college instead of a tour?  :)

Well I guess Southeast Christian is not in the IFB Bible college business.  :eek:

I don't think they charge for the classes they teach.

That's a very challenging business to run what with so many new ones starting or revving up on the starting line waiting to take off. More options in an all-ready over crowded market.

What was it about the brochure that so disturbed the OP? Can it be viewed somewhere?

RAIDER said:
LongGone said:
[/quote

Who said that Clay Mills is the largest church in Lexington?  Did I miss something?  Because they bought a motel and converted it into a college makes them a "basement Bible college"?  That also makes them a "wannabe"?  Maybe you can help me.  What are they wanting to be?  You must have a great knowledge of the church and college to be making these type of comments.

Nothing more than my observation and opinion. Feel free to take it or leave it.  Maybe I should have called it a "Motel Bible College". As to Tom's comment about being a snob...if not wanting to go to a college that meets in an old motel is snobbery...I am glad to wear the mantel. Whatever draw FBCH/HAC had...much of it came from being the World's Largest Sunday School.  There would not be a forum if people only commented where they have great knowledge :)

brainisengaged said:
What was it about the brochure that so disturbed the OP? Can it be viewed somewhere?

I guess I have to explain.

This week CMRBC/CBC had a youth conference. Jeff Fugate took some pictures and posted them on fb. Sitting on the front row and wearing trenchcoas were my nephew and his friend. I thought that comparing the place to hac, you know trenchcoats and tunnells would be funny. Unfortunately very few here got it and Fugate removed the pics off fb.

Tennessean said:
brainisengaged said:

I guess I have to explain.

This week CMRBC/CBC had a youth conference. Jeff Fugate took some pictures and posted them on fb. Sitting on the front row and wearing trenchcoas were my nephew and his friend. I thought that comparing the place to hac, you know trenchcoats and tunnells would be funny. Unfortunately very few here got it and Fugate removed the pics off fb.

He must read this forum. Maybe even a poster.

Welcome Jeff, post away.

I think I had one of his kids in SS.

Might have been a cousin, he sure looked like Jeff's kid.

Did I mention his last name was Fugate?

He also won a nice new blue leather NA-27 Greek New Testament too.

The one with the Greek English Dictionary-Lexicon in the back.