Is Commonwealth College in Lexington now HAC south?

Binaca Chugger said:
Bruh said:
sword said:
cast.sheep said:
At this particular time...I can not figure out for the life of me why ANYONE would send their kids to HAC.  They have a skeletal staff and faculty with even fewer qualified faculty than ever.  Maybe I am missing something.  What's the draw????  At one time the draw was FBCH and the ability to learn ministry from practical experience.  Now that they have lost all credibility, what's the draw???  This is a serious question.  I truly am curious.

Some pastors still refer 100% of their young people to their Alma Mater regardless of the young persons individual situation.

How else would some pastors still have dozens of there young people attending one specific school or another.

This goes on with BJ, Pensicola, LU as well as HAC.

Why not attend a local university?

It would lessen the mog's chances of getting an honorary doctorate.

And that is what it has been about from the beginning of the IFB Bible college movement.

MOGs being rewarded for the customers they send to the college.

It was understood that if you sent 50 or more paying customers to HAC you would earn your very own Doc and you could call yourself Doctor Big Bottom.

Your members would have even more worshipful admiration for you than ever before.

If we all abhor that practice, and I believe we do, why do so many here still refer to these puffed up egomaniacs by this "Honorary Doctorate?" No one should be referred to as Dr. _____ if they did not earn a Doctorate degree. Period. Exclamation point.

bgwilkinson said:
Binaca Chugger said:
Bruh said:
sword said:
cast.sheep said:
At this particular time...I can not figure out for the life of me why ANYONE would send their kids to HAC.  They have a skeletal staff and faculty with even fewer qualified faculty than ever.  Maybe I am missing something.  What's the draw????  At one time the draw was FBCH and the ability to learn ministry from practical experience.  Now that they have lost all credibility, what's the draw???  This is a serious question.  I truly am curious.

Some pastors still refer 100% of their young people to their Alma Mater regardless of the young persons individual situation.

How else would some pastors still have dozens of there young people attending one specific school or another.

This goes on with BJ, Pensicola, LU as well as HAC.

Why not attend a local university?

It would lessen the mog's chances of getting an honorary doctorate.

And that is what it has been about from the beginning of the IFB Bible college movement.

MOGs being rewarded for the customers they send to the college.

It was understood that if you sent 50 or more paying customers to HAC you would earn you very own Doc and you could call yourself Doctor Big Bottom.

Your members would have even more worshipful admiration for you than ever before.

bgwilkinson said:
It was understood that if you sent 50 or more paying customers to HAC you would earn you very own Doc and you could call yourself Doctor Big Bottom.

So what you are saying is that HAC kept track of how many students a church sent to college.  When that number reached 50 the preacher of that church automatically received an honorary doctorate?

RAIDER said:
bgwilkinson said:

So what you are saying is that HAC kept track of how many students a church sent to college.  When that number reached 50 the preacher of that church automatically received an honorary doctorate?

I think it was a little more complex.  You also had to attend Pastor's School, host a HAC tour group and have some other politcal ties.

Norefund said:
If we all abhor that practice, and I believe we do, why do so many here still refer to these puffed up egomaniacs by this "Honorary Doctorate?" No one should be referred to as Dr. _____ if they did not earn a Doctorate degree. Period. Exclamation point.

Right. Because anyone who didn't get it the academic way clearly did nothing to earn it...

Exactly. That doesn't mean their life works are useless. It means they should not appropriate an academic title for themselves that was not earned. If I never performed a military service, I would not refer to myself by a military term like General or Captain, would I? even if somehow those titles were given in honorarium, it would be a disservice to those who earned the title for me to refer to myself that way or to encourage others to do so. If I never pastored a church, referring to myself as Pastor Norefund would be an insult to those who have performed that service.

Maybe you could give me an example of why you think it is fine for someone who has not earned a Doctorate to insist on being referred to as DR.?

Tom Brennan said:
Norefund said:

Right. Because anyone who didn't get it the academic way clearly did nothing to earn it...

Norefund said:
Exactly. That doesn't mean their life works are useless. It means they should not appropriate an academic title for themselves that was not earned. If I never performed a military service, I would not refer to myself by a military term like General or Captain, would I? even if somehow those titles were given in honorarium, it would be a disservice to those who earned the title for me to refer to myself that way or to encourage others to do so. If I never pastored a church, referring to myself as Pastor Norefund would be an insult to those who have performed that service.

Maybe you could give me an example of why you think it is fine for someone who has not earned a Doctorate to insist on being referred to as DR.?

Tom Brennan said:
Norefund said:

Totally agree with Norefund!!

Norefund said:

Tom Brennan said:
Norefund said:

I don't want to be operated on by a Dr with an honorary degree  ;D

Bravo said:
Norefund said:

Tom Brennan said:
Norefund said:

I don't want to be operated on by a Dr with an honorary degree  ;D

HELLO!!!!!! BAM!!! EXACTLY!!!!

What would the criteria be for "earning" a "honorary doctorate" anyway?

I mean if a guy serves the Lord for 32 years and goes through hard times with the local government he deserves to be called "Dr"? 

And then someone asks, what did you study to receive your doctorate? What is the answer?   

Norefund said:

Because I have enough posts.  8)

Binaca Chugger said:
Norefund said:

Because I have enough posts.  8)

YES!!  :)

RAIDER said:
cast.sheep said:
One of Stuart's married daughters lives in a college-owned property and her husband isn't on staff.  Another daughter is in nursing school at IU and somehow she is employed at HAC too.  Nepotism at its finest.  He learned very well from his best friend, Jack Schaap.

They are/were good buddies!

I believe that Chris Tefft could be added to the buddy list as well. Habitually late to class, not prepared.....Vogel once said that Tefft would be one that he'd lay off if the chance was ever given.

tobytyler said:
RAIDER said:
cast.sheep said:
One of Stuart's married daughters lives in a college-owned property and her husband isn't on staff.  Another daughter is in nursing school at IU and somehow she is employed at HAC too.  Nepotism at its finest.  He learned very well from his best friend, Jack Schaap.

I believe that Chris Tefft could be added to the buddy list as well. Habitually late to class, not prepared.....Vogel once said that Tefft would be one that he'd lay off if the chance was ever given.

Not going to comment on their teaching or admin. skills but which of the two is more responsible for attracting students to HAC.

Have you ever heard a college student say I came to HAC because of Tom Vogel?  Tom who?

sword said:
tobytyler said:
RAIDER said:
cast.sheep said:

Not going to comment on their teaching or admin. skills but which of the two is more responsible for attracting students to HAC.

Have you ever heard a college student say I came to HAC because of Tom Vogel?  Tom who?

All charisma, no content.  Yep, pretty well sums up these little IFB schools.

sword said:
tobytyler said:
RAIDER said:
cast.sheep said:

Sorry, I didn't realize that when you're responsible for attracting the students, that's your excuse for laziness when they're actually a student in your classroom.  Brilliant!

tobytyler said:
sword said:
tobytyler said:
RAIDER said:
cast.sheep said:

Sorry, I didn't realize that when you're responsible for attracting the students, that's your excuse for laziness when they're actually a student in your classroom.  Brilliant!

Right. I think that there were probably some students who came to hac because of Mrs. Evans.  But, she was also habitually late to class, missed class, unprepared, etc. And at the time she was not sick with cancer. It was in remission but she was always traveling around 'saving America.'

Tom Brennan said:
Norefund said:

Tom, we both know honorary dr are a joke.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LongGone said:
Tennessean said:
Yesteday I saw a picture from the Clays Mill/Commonwealth College youth conference that really disturbs me. I think that CBC is fast becoming HAC south. Both colleges were started with help from Russell Anderson. CBC has many admin and fsculty and staff that were longtime HAC employees. There was even a visit from CF last dummer leading some to think... but that never materialized. But yesterday at the CMRBC/CBC youth conference. On the front row were 2 teenagers in, TRENCHCOATS.

What's next? The discovery of tunnels under the original CBC building? It was a hotel dating back to the days of prohibition.

HMM

I live about 20 miles from Lexington. Lexington is a city with many churches and many large churches. Clay Mills is far from the largest.  Clay Mills is not even the largest Baptist Church in Lexington.  The appearance of the college along the interstate is laughable. It has one nice building with the old motel in the background. It is the perfect picture of a basement Bible College. IMHO it is a wannbe. Just one more IFB school competing for a niche of students that appears to be getting smaller and smaller.

You can see it from the interstate? 

bgwilkinson said:
LongGone said:
Tennessean said:
Yesteday I saw a picture from the Clays Mill/Commonwealth College youth conference that really disturbs me. I think that CBC is fast becoming HAC south. Both colleges were started with help from Russell Anderson. CBC has many admin and fsculty and staff that were longtime HAC employees. There was even a visit from CF last dummer leading some to think... but that never materialized. But yesterday at the CMRBC/CBC youth conference. On the front row were 2 teenagers in, TRENCHCOATS.

What's next? The discovery of tunnels under the original CBC building? It was a hotel dating back to the days of prohibition.

HMM

I live about 20 miles from Lexington. Lexington is a city with many churches and many large churches. Clay Mills is far from the largest.  Clay Mills is not even the largest Baptist Church in Lexington.  The appearance of the college along the interstate is laughable. It has one nice building with the old motel in the background. It is the perfect picture of a basement Bible College. IMHO it is a wannbe. Just one more IFB school competing for a niche of students that appears to be getting smaller and smaller.

I think Southeast Christian is in that area, now that is the place to go if you want to take a tour.
Well at least Kentucky area. They have four locations.

https://www.southeastchristian.org/

I've been to the main campus, and it wasn't all that impressive. 

The restrooms were awfully stinky long before many people were there and the service started.  The odor permeated through the grand lobby much like those restrooms near the center stairway at FBCH did by the time Sunday night rolled around.