Is OBC closed?

AlvinMartinezVoice said:
Wonder what the Vineyards would think of Joel McCarty becoming a liberal hipper hipster pastor who endorses false teachers like Carl Lentz/Craig Groeschell/Jamie Furtick/Perry Noble/Heath Mooneyham???? Well Caleb Garraway remained faithful to OBC/Windsor Hills/Vineyards by becoming a world famous evangelist and he still revers Jack Hyles and Jim Vineyard as his idols.
Hey! Glad to know I am a hipper pastor who endorses men I've never heard of. :)
The church I am on staff at is most certainly not a "mega church" (about 400 on Sundays total) and the Lentz/Hillsong crowd is not who I most identify with (though you won't catch me throwing stones).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McCartyJoel said:
AlvinMartinezVoice said:
Wonder what the Vineyards would think of Joel McCarty becoming a liberal hipper hipster pastor who endorses false teachers like Carl Lentz/Craig Groeschell/Jamie Furtick/Perry Noble/Heath Mooneyham???? Well Caleb Garraway remained faithful to OBC/Windsor Hills/Vineyards by becoming a world famous evangelist and he still revers Jack Hyles and Jim Vineyard as his idols.
The church I am on staff at is most certainly not a "mega church" (about 400 on Sundays total) and the Lentz/Hillsong crowd is not who I most identify with (though you won't catch me throwing stones).

But I do have tattoos. Ya got me there. :)

McCartyJoel said:
AlvinMartinezVoice said:

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "throwing stones", but if you mean, "I don't criticize", why not?  Isn't pointing out error part of preaching the whole counsel of God. There are plenty of warnings against error in the Scriptures.

I'm not saying that it's a preacher's only job, but it certainly should be part of it.

Rumor mill is building that WHBC/OBC is finally to be no more.

Gotta pay your bills!!!!!

Just me said:

This is not the first time i have heard this in the last few weeks.

Apparently there is a buyer for the property ans they are going to start a new church elsewhere.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I certainly wish they do not start up/continue the "church" elsewhere.

Of course unless it is in no way associated with the Vineyard cult/clan.

Perhaps they can merge with this pastor Reeves up in Nebraska. If they did, they could be up to 10 students. ;)

JustABigKid said:
Just me said:

Apparently there is a buyer for the property ans they are going to start a new church elsewhere.

So if they sell the property will Tommy boy run off with the profits and never be seen again?  Or will he really start another church somewhere else?

It has been my opinion for years now that one day he and his family will disappear in the  middle of the night

Just me said:
JustABigKid said:
Just me said:

So if they sell the property will Tommy boy run off with the profits and never be seen again?  Or will he really start another church somewhere else?

It has been my opinion for years now that one day he and his family will disappear in the  middle of the night

Only time will tell what ends up happening. I think another church will start up simply because of the need to be in a place of position and power over people.

You are right about the power issue.  They are power freaks for sure. 

Will OBC be continued in this scenario?  Or WHBC?

I guess a lot depends upon how much money is left over after the sale of the current property and the paying off of money "owed".  That would be interesting to see the disbursement of those funds.

Well they did have 2 graduate this week.

So closed, no

Dead, yes

As I said:

Closed, no.

Dead, yes.  You know, it is like a cemetery in the middle of winter at WHBC/OBC these days. Nothing but cold and death all around.  You can ice skate down the isles to the alter. 

But why would you even be on the property?

My point is ... two or zero ... OBC will remain open . . .

. . . It will not close ... ever.

Jehanne La Pucelle said:

How could something remain open if no one is going there? Sure technically even if there is 1 you could be "open" but zero?

JustABigKid said:
Jehanne La Pucelle said:

How could something remain open if no one is going there? Sure technically even if there is 1 you could be "open" but zero?

Hahahahaha . . .

. . . now we are looking at the words ... active or in-active.

Either way, the doors remain open.

: - )

That has always been the WHBC/OBC rallying cry,

"Bless god we will keep the doors open if only preaching to 1"

Looks like they are getting their wish.

So like I said, closed? No. 

DEAD ?  Yeppers!

OBC&I was incorporated on November 2, 1972. Its history shows an inactivity period of three years ... in its past (through the years) without closing their doors ... before it was revived and became active again. The same will hold true today (if need be) and that is why I can say the doors will remain open.

Educators may come and educators may go but all the teaching materials remain within the school and can be taught at any given time ... such as the courses of education, bible, personal evangelism, pastoral, missions etc ...

It has never been about the numbers . . . it only took 12 to turn the world upside down.

Fine, call it open but many will call it glorious when it has 0 students to coerce, manipulate and destroy as it has over the years.  The great thing is that with the advent of modern day technology and social media the truth of that place called WHBC/OBC is out for all to see.  And the results are self evident in many ways.

So again I say it is DEAD!!!