Is OBC closed?

Jehanne La Pucelle said:
Just me said:
Fine, call it open but many will call it glorious when it has 0 students to coerce, manipulate and destroy as it has over the years.  The great thing is that with the advent of modern day technology and social media the truth of that place called WHBC/OBC is out for all to see.  And the results are self evident in many ways.

So again I say it is DEAD!!!

Hahahahaha . . .

. . . people like my son Caleb and many others (on the mission field) are doing a fine work.

The legacy lives on ... and you can't kill that.

: - )

Jeahnne La Pucelle

I have a serious question for you. I would like an honest answer from you not just whatever the normal mantra is.

You say that the "Legacy lives on" by those that are doing works across the country. This may be the case and I am thankful for those who are preaching the Bible.

My question is this.. Why are those that are carrying on the "legacy" not sending their kids or students back to OBC for Bible College?

JustABigKid said:
Jehanne La Pucelle said:
Just me said:
Fine, call it open but many will call it glorious when it has 0 students to coerce, manipulate and destroy as it has over the years.  The great thing is that with the advent of modern day technology and social media the truth of that place called WHBC/OBC is out for all to see.  And the results are self evident in many ways.

So again I say it is DEAD!!!

Hahahahaha . . .

. . . people like my son Caleb and many others (on the mission field) are doing a fine work.

The legacy lives on ... and you can't kill that.

: - )

Jeahnne La Pucelle

I have a serious question for you. I would like an honest answer from you not just whatever the normal mantra is.

You say that the "Legacy lives on" by those that are doing works across the country. This may be the case and I am thankful for those who are preaching the Bible.

My question is this.. Why are those that are carrying on the "legacy" not sending their kids or students back to OBC for Bible College?

Jeahnne? No answer?

JustABigKid said:
Jeahnne? No answer?
FieldCricket.png

Question here, and I have always had a difficult time with this. Does a college really 'love' its students when they have little to nobody there? Do they really care about students when they keep the doors open and want young people to come, yet have no real regard for the welfare of a student's future? There are several of these tiny ifb colleges around. One is in Nebraska and the church only runs forty or fifty but they have a college. They had four graduates and they all work for the church. They have no faculty to speak of so the pastor's son-in-law is one of the main college class teachers.  I am not even sure if he has a degree. But, this attitude that we are the only ones who are right and know how it should be done seems to prevail.

BALAAM said:
Question here, and I have always had a difficult time with this. Does a college really 'love' its students when they have little to nobody there? Do they really care about students when they keep the doors open and want young people to come, yet have no real regard for the welfare of a student's future? There are several of these tiny ifb colleges around. One is in Nebraska and the church only runs forty or fifty but they have a college. They had four graduates and they all work for the church. They have no faculty to speak of so the pastor's son-in-law is one of the main college class teachers.  I am not even sure if he has a degree. But, this attitude that we are the only ones who are right and know how it should be done seems to prevail.

Good points and good questions.  Not sure why they call this a "college" - more like an institute.  The only thing I can think of, is if they are afraid that if they sent their best & brightest to a college run by another church, that church would "steal" the people to work there.

Not sure why people do this, unless it is the mentality that "only we are right".

JustABigKid said:
Just me said:
Rumor mill is building that WHBC/OBC is finally to be no more.

Gotta pay your bills!!!!!
This is not the first time i have heard this in the last few weeks.

Apparently there is a buyer for the property ans they are going to start a new church elsewhere.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Well to add to it all WHBC is apparently having an Auction this weekend to sell off many things.

It looks like they are getting as much cash as they can before closing the doors.

http://www.windsorhills.org/

Just me said:
JustABigKid said:
Just me said:

Apparently there is a buyer for the property ans they are going to start a new church elsewhere.

Well to add to it all WHBC is apparently having an Auction this weekend to sell off many things.

It looks like they are getting as much cash as they can before closing the doors.

When your home page is replaced with an auction listing, that's tragic and sad.  And sorta funny.

Twisted said:
Just me said:
JustABigKid said:
Just me said:

When your home page is replaced with an auction listing, that's tragic and sad.  And sorta funny.

Yep, but I wouldn't say "replaced with" so much as "pops up with".

The list of items certainly looks like they are going to be closing something.  I'm tempted to write to them and ask them what's going on with the auction.

Walt said:
Twisted said:
Just me said:
JustABigKid said:
Just me said:

Yep, but I wouldn't say "replaced with" so much as "pops up with".

The list of items certainly looks like they are going to be closing something.  I'm tempted to write to them and ask them what's going on with the auction.
While it certainly could be ominous, and there are many who will interpret things that way, a simpler answer is a ministry that has significantly downsized has surplus stuff. The busses/bus barn, the school, the college/institute, the defunct printing ministry. There is a lot of unused equipment lying around. This piece or that piece of the ministry may be still technically functional, but nowhere near the capacity that it once was.

The only ones to remain loyal to OBC and the Vineyards are Michael Shaver and World Famous Evangelist Caleb Garraway. The others have merged with Heartland/Southwest or they went to Life.Church to be entertained by Craig Groeschel or they went to another seeker sensitive megachurch.

The split off to more churches than that. Open Door and Beth Haven  and Moore Baptist and Victory Baptist  picked up members....... you clearly dont know much about your gossip. 

Saved by Grace said:
The split off to more churches than that. Open Door and Beth Haven  and Moore Baptist and Victory Baptist  picked up members....... you clearly dont know much about your gossip.
Hahahahaha . . .

. . . thanks for helping us to keep up!

:D

But you should know that just because they left WHBC doesnt mean they left the will of GoD. God is using many of them in far greater capacities than when they were at WHBC :)

The only reason I share that is because the WHBC faithful have been smearing those that left with malicious hateful rheteric and people need to know that there is 2 sides to every argument :)

Saved by Grace said:
But you should know that just because they left WHBC doesnt mean they left the will of God. God is using many of them in far greater capacities than when they were at WHBC :)

The only reason I share that is because the WHBC faithful have been smearing those that left with malicious hateful rheteric and people need to know that there is 2 sides to every argument :)

Hahahahaha . . .

. . . WHBC/OBC&I  folks should  have the highest work ethic. That is what they were trained to do! And ... would be expected to do great things.  ;)

Jehanne La Pucelle said:
Saved by Grace said:
But you should know that just because they left WHBC doesnt mean they left the will of God. God is using many of them in far greater capacities than when they were at WHBC :)

. . . WHBC/OBC&I  folks should  have the highest work ethic. That is what they were trained to do! And ... would be expected to do great things.  ;)

Christians should have a high work ethic... but I take exception to the last bit; it is one of the great failings of the teachings of WHBC/OBC (not theirs exclusively, but we're talking about them). If your work is the will of God for you, then it's a great thing, even if the work is quite humble.  The pastor in God's will who preaches to hundreds of people and has great results every week is no greater than the janitor in God's will who empties the trash or the guy who mows the lawn in God's will... but there has been an very unfortunate snobbery about results: Great results are often taken to mean that 1-I must be in God's will, or else I wouldn't have great results  2-My ideas are validated because of my great results.  I was taught that we do our best and leave the results up to God.

Walt said:
Jehanne La Pucelle said:
Saved by Grace said:

Christians should have a high work ethic... but I take exception to the last bit; it is one of the great failings of the teachings of WHBC/OBC (not theirs exclusively, but we're talking about them). If your work is the will of God for you, then it's a great thing, even if the work is quite humble.  The pastor in God's will who preaches to hundreds of people and has great results every week is no greater than the janitor in God's will who empties the trash or the guy who mows the lawn in God's will... but there has been an very unfortunate snobbery about results: Great results are often taken to mean that 1-I must be in God's will, or else I wouldn't have great results  2-My ideas are validated because of my great results.  I was taught that we do our best and leave the results up to God.

. . . hahahahahahahahaha . . .

. . . and I can think of two graduates who are janitors, as you call them (I prefer to call these men a keeper of God's things) who work full time for the church, in this capacity ... anyway, these men have a very high work ethic and are doing great things ... the church is running highly efficient because of their very important work. I did not see one mention of numbers in my post . . . hahahahaha  ;)

I felt bad for saying that. Your right its not about numbers but WHBC gave the critical and the heathen  a lot to talk about in recent years and it wasnt because they were busy serving the Lord :)

God is good, God is great and He will choose to advance his Kingdom however he sees fit.

I'm not here defending anyone 8), but I will say that people who are obsessed with WHBC and OBC&I closing really, really do need to get a hobby or find something to do! It's nauseous to see what "Christians" will do/say against another believer/believers. Why not let God decide, and go on with our lives ;). I know this may sound "preachy" but MY GOODNESS are we ever sidetracked sometimes.  Why not let God sort it all out at the judgment seat......

And yet you take the time to go through the process of registering and then posting that?

You should not have taken so much time from your service to the King and just let God sort it out!  ;)