Is OBC closed?

Just me said:
Fine, call it open but many will call it glorious when it has 0 students to coerce, manipulate and destroy as it has over the years.  The great thing is that with the advent of modern day technology and social media the truth of that place called WHBC/OBC is out for all to see.  And the results are self evident in many ways.

So again I say it is DEAD!!!

Hahahahaha . . .

. . . people like my son Caleb and many others (on the mission field) are doing a fine work.

The legacy lives on ... and you can't kill that.

: - )

True, sadly there are the a few who carry on the "ways" of WHBC/OBC but there are far more who have been victims of that place.

And that is a very sad sad legacy for WHBC/OBC

Just me said:
True, sadly there are the a few who carry on the "ways" of WHBC/OBC but there are far more who have been victims of that place.

And that is a very sad sad legacy for WHBC/OBC

Hahahahaha . . .

The first graduating class is still serving God . . .

. . . pastoring, teaching, on the mission field ... etc.

Some are on our board.

; - )

OBC is not for everyone ... as has been stated many times here, through out the years.

But ... find a place where you can serve and make a difference for your Saviour!

Jehanne La Pucelle said:
JustABigKid said:
Jehanne La Pucelle said:
My point is ... two or zero ... OBC will remain open . . .

. . . It will not close ... ever.

How could something remain open if no one is going there? Sure technically even if there is 1 you could be "open" but zero?

Hahahahaha . . .

. . . now we are looking at the words ... active or in-active.

Either way, the doors remain open.

At some point in time, it just won't be worth it to pretend to have a college with just 1 or 2 students; if OBC is really down to just a few students, then they ought to close - a determination to keep the school open could destroy the church, which (at least in theory) IS a work of God - a college is not.

WHBC can be a church with only a small handful attending; not so much a college.

Walt said:
Jehanne La Pucelle said:
JustABigKid said:
Jehanne La Pucelle said:
My point is ... two or zero ... OBC will remain open . . .

. . . It will not close ... ever.

How could something remain open if no one is going there? Sure technically even if there is 1 you could be "open" but zero?

Hahahahaha . . .

. . . now we are looking at the words ... active or in-active.

Either way, the doors remain open.

At some point in time, it just won't be worth it to pretend to have a college with just 1 or 2 students; if OBC is really down to just a few students, then they ought to close - a determination to keep the school open could destroy the church, which (at least in theory) IS a work of God - a college is not.

WHBC can be a church with only a small handful attending; not so much a college.

You forgot to quote this . . .

OBC&I was incorporated on November 2, 1972. Its history shows an inactivity period of three years ... in its past (through the years) without closing their doors ... before it was revived and became active again. The same will hold true today (if need be) and that is why I can say the doors will remain open.

Educators may come and educators may go but all the teaching materials remain within the school and can be taught at any given time ... such as the courses of education, bible, personal evangelism, pastoral, missions etc ...

It has never been about the numbers . . . it only took 12 to turn the world upside down.

; - )

Jehanne La Pucelle said:
OBC is not for everyone ... as has been stated many times here, through out the years.

But ... find a place where you can serve and make a difference for your Saviour!

"OBC is not for everyone..."

Apparently it is not for anyone these days.

But we will agree that we all must find a place to serve and make a difference for our Saviour

Just me said:
Jehanne La Pucelle said:

"OBC is not for everyone..."

Apparently it is not for anyone these days.

But we will agree that we all must find a place to serve and make a difference for our Saviour

"Congratulations!" . . . on your youngest daughter's recent accomplishments.

Jehanne La Pucelle said:
"Congratulations!" . . . on your youngest daughter's recent accomplishments.

Potty training is always a good thing

And, for the post at hand . . . "Is OBC closed (?)" . . .

. . . we still have students in attendance.

Jehanne La Pucelle said:

Hmmmm

In the decade of the 90's OBC ran between 250 to 275 students a year.  Then the truth started to slowly filter out about WHBC/OBC in the late 90's.  And back then it was the first iteration of the FFF that helped lead the way.

Then in the decade of the 2000's the average attendance  dropped fast down to 100 on a good year.  The FFF wars escalated in the early decade and by mid decade JAV's goose was cooked and he became Pastor Emeritus turning the reigns over to Bro. Porter then deciding shortly thereafter it was best for Tom to run the show.

And then  decade of 2010 and on has dropped the attendance at OBC to less then 10 currently. And the FFF has been a big factor as well as other Social Media. 

So yes there still are students in attendance but if not for kids of the faithful few to JAV what would the number be??

Just me said:
Jehanne La Pucelle said:

Hmmmm

In the decade of the 90's OBC ran between 250 to 275 students a year.  Then the truth started to slowly filter out about WHBC/OBC in the late 90's.  And back then it was the first iteration of the FFF that helped lead the way.

Then in the decade of the 2000's the average attendance  dropped fast down to 100 on a good year.  The FFF wars escalated in the early decade and by mid decade JAV's goose was cooked and he became Pastor Emeritus turning the reigns over to Bro. Porter then deciding shortly thereafter it was best for Tom to run the show.

And then  decade of 2010 and on has dropped the attendance at OBC to less then 10 currently. And the FFF has been a big factor as well as other Social Media. 

So yes there still are students in attendance but if not for kids of the faithful few to JAV what would the number be??

We are still here, ..... . . .

. . . the Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away.

Blessed be the name of the Lord!

My intent for posting in this thread was to clear up the question, " Is OBC Closed (?)" . . .

. . . I have more than answered it.

God bless you and your family.

[I received a complaint that you were attempting to "out" another member. While I don't know the facts of the case, it is clear that he does not want his proper name used on the forum, and I have removed it.

Do not use other users' real names without permission. - Ransom
]

Thank you, Ransom, I do apologize . . .

. . . he freely used our name here in 2014 so . . .

I thought that made it an open conversation . . .

. . . a one on one.

God bless!

We have been a friend to this ministry for 37 years . . .

. . . and a close friend to our emeritus for the last 30 years.

For those who may not know.

Jehanne La Pucelle said:

. . . a one on one.

God bless!

Jehanne La Pucelle, if you go back and read again the post you seem to be referring to from 2014 you will find that it was not Just me that used your name.  It was another poster in the quote that used it.  You had the moderator remove it also so I find it funny that you think it was "open conversation"?????

And have a great day 

Just me said:
Jehanne La Pucelle said:

. . . a one on one.

God bless!

Jehanne La Pucelle, if you go back and read again the post you seem to be referring to from 2014 you will find that it was not Just me that used your name.  It was another poster in the quote that used it.  You had the moderator remove it also so I find it funny that you think it was "open conversation"?????

And have a great day

Sorry, I stIll see it . . .

. . . but it's okay, I forgive you.

Ok, JLP,  people like you see things I get it.