Jack Hyles and Dave Hyles

Bruh said:
I believe that pastors forget that we the laymen volunteer our time whereas they are getting paid.

I'm not against them getting paid but often they want us to give up our Saturday's or a portion of it when they get an entire day off some time during the week. Or want us to stay up really late during the week for special services when we gotta get up at 5 6 o'clock in the morning for work and get the kids ready while they are still asleep.

I have no problem serving and sacrificing time or whatever but don't hold it against us if we want a break or make a different time readily available to go during the week so we can have our Saturday's.

I agree. Goods points.

RAIDER said:
Bruh said:
RAIDER said:
Bruh said:
I can see that. If someone was going to bring their family there then, yes they should know the details., to make an informed decision.

But if they are not then why say anything?

I have said it before and I will stand behind it 100%.  FBCH/HAC were not hiding the rules that they enforced.  They did not paint the place one way and you show up and it's another.  Kids that grew up there did not have a choice.  Adults and college students had no reason to walk in blind.

What I was referring to was, if a pastor/staff/laymen was allowing abuse of any sort. And covering it up.

It would be great if everything would have been out front for everyone to consider before attending.  Unfortunately, this is rarely the case irregardless of where you go.  The Joe Combs' mess was public knowledge and people continued to come to HAC.  The Dave Hyles' rumors were widely known and people continued to come to HAC.

But these aren't the same (as I understand it): Joe Combs' "mess" (as you referred to it) mostly occurred after he left HAC.  I don't know if HAC or JH knowingly covered up his sin.

DH is completely different -- JH was told over and over again, and chose to ignore the problem and condemn everyone else as "gossipers" and he would thunder against gossip.  JH's sin was the sin of Eli - he know of his son's evil behavior and did not restrain him.

Binaca Chugger said:
At the time, I asked my parents what that was all about, and they just said that we should be happy for Preacher because his son was doing better now.  Case closed, never to be reopened until I asked again a year ago.

How did that second conversation go?

Tom Brennan said:
Binaca Chugger said:
At the time, I asked my parents what that was all about, and they just said that we should be happy for Preacher because his son was doing better now.  Case closed, never to be reopened until I asked again a year ago.

Good question.

Tom Brennan said:
Binaca Chugger said:

Long. 

Walt said:
RAIDER said:
Bruh said:
RAIDER said:
Bruh said:
I can see that. If someone was going to bring their family there then, yes they should know the details., to make an informed decision.

I have said it before and I will stand behind it 100%.  FBCH/HAC were not hiding the rules that they enforced.  They did not paint the place one way and you show up and it's another.  Kids that grew up there did not have a choice.  Adults and college students had no reason to walk in blind.

What I was referring to was, if a pastor/staff/laymen was allowing abuse of any sort. And covering it up.

It would be great if everything would have been out front for everyone to consider before attending.  Unfortunately, this is rarely the case irregardless of where you go.  The Joe Combs' mess was public knowledge and people continued to come to HAC.  The Dave Hyles' rumors were widely known and people continued to come to HAC.

But these aren't the same (as I understand it): Joe Combs' "mess" (as you referred to it) mostly occurred after he left HAC.  I don't know if HAC or JH knowingly covered up his sin.

DH is completely different -- JH was told over and over again, and chose to ignore the problem and condemn everyone else as "gossipers" and he would thunder against gossip.  JH's sin was the sin of Eli - he know of his son's evil behavior and did not restrain him.
True and his son was a liar, who most likely lied to daddy also.

Besides if he didn't see...................

At the risk of being slightly off topic, it wasn't just David's sexual immorality he ignored. He was informed of Bob Olsen's molesting young teenage boys and also ignored it.

fishinnut said:
Walt said:
RAIDER said:
Bruh said:
RAIDER said:
Bruh said:

Norefund said:
At the risk of being slightly off topic, it wasn't just David's sexual immorality he ignored. He was informed of Bob Olsen's molesting young teenage boys and also ignored it.

fishinnut said:
Walt said:
RAIDER said:
Bruh said:
RAIDER said:
Bruh said:

And then moved him to the high school where BO would continue his ways.