Jack Hyles and Dave Hyles

Smellin Coffee said:
Bruh said:
RAIDER said:
Bruh said:
I can see that. If someone was going to bring their family there then, yes they should know the details., to make an informed decision.

But if they are not then why say anything?

I have said it before and I will stand behind it 100%.  FBCH/HAC were not hiding the rules that they enforced.  They did not paint the place one way and you show up and it's another.  Kids that grew up there did not have a choice.  Adults and college students had no reason to walk in blind.

What I was referring to was, if a pastor/staff/laymen was allowing abuse of any sort. And covering it up.

As well as allowing staff members to remain while knowing they were being sexually immoral.

Right! 

Bruh said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Bruh said:
RAIDER said:
Bruh said:
I can see that. If someone was going to bring their family there then, yes they should know the details., to make an informed decision.

I have said it before and I will stand behind it 100%.  FBCH/HAC were not hiding the rules that they enforced.  They did not paint the place one way and you show up and it's another.  Kids that grew up there did not have a choice.  Adults and college students had no reason to walk in blind.

What I was referring to was, if a pastor/staff/laymen was allowing abuse of any sort. And covering it up.

As well as allowing staff members to remain while knowing they were being sexually immoral.

Right!

Agree.

Bruh said:
RAIDER said:
Bruh said:

It would be great if everything would have been out front for everyone to consider before attending.  Unfortunately, this is rarely the case irregardless of where you go.  The Joe Combs' mess was public knowledge and people continued to come to HAC.  The Dave Hyles' rumors were widely known and people continued to come to HAC.

RAIDER said:
Bruh said:
RAIDER said:
Bruh said:

It would be great if everything would have been out front for everyone to consider before attending.  Unfortunately, this is rarely the case irregardless of where you go.  The Joe Combs' mess was public knowledge and people continued to come to HAC.  The Dave Hyles' rumors were widely known and people continued to come to HAC.

So at this point it would be OUR responsibility to tell others of what they may not know before they make a decision to go, wherever that may be.

Bruh said:
So at this point it would be OUR responsibility to tell others of what they may not know before they make a decision to go, wherever that may be.

Scorner. ;)

Bruh said:
RAIDER said:

If you know someone was going to go to HAC/FBCH and you know there are issues, absolutely.

rsc2a said:
Bruh said:

Scorner. ;)

Of course, if you are someone who is totally uninvolved with HAC/FBCH and has never attended, I would caution listening to what they say.  They may be someone who is a critic who has listened to someone who is not telling the truth. 

RAIDER said:
Bruh said:
RAIDER said:

If you know someone was going to go to HAC/FBCH and you know there are issues, absolutely.

The age u r now, turning back the hand of time, knowing what u know now, and someone wanted to go to HAC in the 80's would you pull them to the side and warn them or tell them they would be making a mistake, in your opinion?

Bruh said:
RAIDER said:
Bruh said:
RAIDER said:

The age u r now, turning back the hand of time, knowing what u know now, and someone wanted to go to HAC in the 80's would you pull them to the side and warn them or tell them they would be making a mistake, in your opinion?

I actually have friends whose young people currently go to HAC.  These friends are very familiar with HAC.  They know what has happened.  I did not call them and say, "Hey, I need to talk to you about a few things before you send you kid to HAC".  They are going forward with their eyes open.

On the other hand, if a friend was going to send his child to HAC in the '80s and was going in blindly, yes, I would talk to them.  I would tell them about what I know to be true (Joe Combs, Dave Hyles, etc).  I would also warn them about the "shallow teaching" and the demands on the students.  I would not tell them they are making a big mistake. 

RAIDER said:
Bruh said:
RAIDER said:
Bruh said:

I didn't know about any of it until after I left.

When DH returned to Hammond, JH spoke of a letter that Dave had written him.  It was a confession of his sexual misconduct.  JH spoke of it at the end of church one Sunday night.  JH cried as he read most of it to the church.  He told Dave to "come on home."  JH told the church that even though he had been in the army, he never could have imagined the deeds that David confessed.  JH was heartbroken that his son had lived such a life.  JH started preaching on forgiveness at that point.  I believe he just wanted to be a dad to his son.  Apparently it was too little too late.

Binaca Chugger said:
When DH returned to Hammond, JH spoke of a letter that Dave had written him.  It was a confession of his sexual misconduct.  JH spoke of it at the end of church one Sunday night.  JH cried as he read most of it to the church.  He told Dave to "come on home."  JH told the church that even though he had been in the army, he never could have imagined the deeds that David confessed.  JH was heartbroken that his son had lived such a life.  JH started preaching on forgiveness at that point.  I believe he just wanted to be a dad to his son.  Apparently it was too little too late.
At the time, I asked my parents what that was all about, and they just said that we should be happy for Preacher because his son was doing better now.  Case closed, never to be reopened until I asked again a year ago.

Binaca Chugger said:
RAIDER said:
Bruh said:
RAIDER said:
Bruh said:

I'm sorry Raider, but if I know something like this, I loose all respect for the place and the Pastor of the place.

And it would be very very hard to receive anything from the place or the Pastor bc now I would view EVERYTHING in light of the cover up and him sending his son with a great recommendation to another church.

Binaca Chugger said:
RAIDER said:
Bruh said:
RAIDER said:
Bruh said:

I am in the same boat.

RAIDER said:
Binaca Chugger said:
RAIDER said:
Bruh said:
RAIDER said:
Bruh said:

I am in the same boat.

The difference Raider is that BC grew up there.

Binaca Chugger said:
TidesofTruth said:
I attended as a bit older student who already understood the wreck and ruin of people who drove other people for power.
So, did you grow up at HAC, or show up as an adult?
Attended HBGS, HBJHS and HBHS

Started HAC at 29

TidesofTruth said:
Binaca Chugger said:
TidesofTruth said:
I attended as a bit older student who already understood the wreck and ruin of people who drove other people for power.
So, did you grow up at HAC, or show up as an adult?
Attended HBGS, HBJHS and HBHS

Started HAC at 29
Rebel.  Sowed your wild oats for almost 10 years.  ;)

Bruh said:
RAIDER said:
Binaca Chugger said:

I am in the same boat.

The difference Raider is that BC grew up there.

I realize that.  He knew of nothing until after he left.  I attended college there.  I know of nothing until after I left.

SwampHag said:
And, FWIW, I have been on this forum since the old Don Elbourne days, and I have argued and debated all things HAC/FBCH/IFB and I am over it.  I am done with all that.  Christ did not give me a mandate to argue about other churches.  He did not give me a mandate to prowl the internet looking for dirt on preachers and pastors.  He gave me a mandate to reach the lost and quite honestly, I have wasted enough time on these forums.  I enjoy the FRIENDS I have here and have made here, but I just don't enjoy the fighting anymore.
So, yeah.  I'll pop in from time to time, but I don't plan to participate actively.

Did you check with Raider about this?

Binaca Chugger said:
RAIDER said:
Bruh said:
RAIDER said:
Bruh said:

Likewise.