Jack Schaap cussing?

IFB X-Files said:
Bruh said:
......my wife would be bailing me out of jail.

You sure about that?

Ha!  Why not?  what would you have done, if JS threw your teenage kid up against the wall?

cast.sheep said:
Yes, JS cussed at people in a very personal and degrading way. Looked right at them in anger and called them "arrogant little (insert colorful words here)". Not just staff. Teenagers too. The "f" word was not uncommon. Threw young men up against the wall....in anger.
1. He learned the "against the wall" trick from Davey-boy.
2. Really.....that skinny little runt & not one dad boxed his ears.
3. Wow.

fishinnut said:
cast.sheep said:
Yes, JS cussed at people in a very personal and degrading way. Looked right at them in anger and called them "arrogant little (insert colorful words here)". Not just staff. Teenagers too. The "f" word was not uncommon. Threw young men up against the wall....in anger.
3. Wow.

Exactly, thanks!

fishinnut said:
cast.sheep said:
3. Wow.

re: point 2
Are some of you on here starting to understand what that place does to people who are there for decades? Bring up the word cult and people who weren't there for decades start talking about why it's NOT a cult. If you were only there a few years and then left, you DO. NOT. KNOW. Yes, there IS good there! There is! There is also a sub culture there that you know nothing about. The control. The manipulation.  I'm truly sorry that those of you who have such great memories of the place are exposed to the stories of what some of us have seen. There really should be a forum just for you so you can reminisce the good times without people like me and others exposing the dark side. Or better yet, some of us just need to close the door of the past and move on. If you didn't experience it, you can't possibly understand. Yes, fathers should have stood up and some did. They got vilified and destroyed which served a lesson to everyone else.

I'm done talking about it all. It's not healthy.

cast.sheep said:
I honestly can't believe where this thread has gone...ha!

Does that answer the question in the OP?

Should that be the case (and I do believe you), then Schaap was wrong in doing what he did.

prophet said:
fishinnut said:
Smellin Coffee said:
I really don't have a problem with one cussing as long as it is not done with disrespect.

I couldn't cuss "at" somebody as I feel that would be wrong. Also, using cuss words as a part of ones regular vocabulary is just tacky, IMHO. But if one uses a cuss word purposely for emphasis (providing it doesn't take God's name in vain), or even if it slips out when one gets suddenly hurt, I don't have any issues with it.

So for me, it would depend on how Schaap's cussing was directed.

Chapter & verse please.

I will never get this thinking.....or lack of back-up for the testimony of a believer.

I work with people who pray out-loud when only God has the answer to life's tragedies & praise out-loud when He does answer, but cuss like a DI when things don't go their way. They are not reaching anyone for, teaching anyone about or beseeching anyone for the Lord Jesus.

James 1:26, James 3:10 & as has been quoted already Eph. 4:29 among many other verses & teachings on the tongue.
Show me the word "cussing" in Scripture.

Certainly, God uses human excrement to describe undesirable things, so don't try to even insinuate that He is wrong to do that.

To "swear" means: "to promise", so don't go there, either.

Nowhere does the Scripture tell us that certain words are off limits.

So when you say "chapter and verse", you better do your homework yourself.

Should we damn people?
No, but there is a lot more to putting a curse on someone, than saying the word.

Should we blaspheme?
Absolutely not!

Should we "cuss"?
Lol, only in certain parts of the USA, is this made up concept even an issue.  It certainly isn't out West.

Yes I agree.

I want to see the do not use word list in the Bible.

Bruh said:
IFB X-Files said:
Bruh said:

You sure about that?

Ha!  Why not?  what would you have done, if JS threw your teenage kid up against the wall?

There are severl steps to follow. A parent should immediately seperate the child from the assaulter. Then call 911. The police will interview all witnesses. Charges will be filed.

People who physically abuse children do not belong in situations such as this.

Tennessean said:
Bruh said:
IFB X-Files said:
Bruh said:

You sure about that?

There are severl steps to follow. A parent should immediately seperate the child from the assaulter. Then call 911. The police will interview all witnesses. Charges will be filed.

That's fine.  While the police are on the way, I would be handling a few things before they get there. 

Bruh said:
Tennessean said:
Bruh said:
IFB X-Files said:
Bruh said:

You sure about that?

That's fine.  While the police are on the way, I would be handling a few things before they get there.

And to the detriment of your family, they will be taking YOU away in handcuffs.

Smellin Coffee said:
Bruh said:
Tennessean said:
Bruh said:
IFB X-Files said:
Bruh said:

You sure about that?

For assault and battery.  Will cost you maybe 100 bucks. 

Also, when the police get there and find out why you tore into JS, they may just say, good for you, now go home. 

Some of you boys up north sure are different. 

But, as my Cajun grandmother use to say, No baby we different down here, we different. 

I guess she was right. 

Bruh said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Bruh said:
Tennessean said:
Bruh said:
IFB X-Files said:
Bruh said:

You sure about that?

Also, when the police get there and find out why you tore into JS, they may just say, good for you, now go home. 

But, as my Cajun grandmother use to say, No baby we different down here, we different. 

I guess she was right.

So physical assault on someone who has committed physical assault on another is Cajun because it certainly isn't Christlike. At least you are honest in where you stand. :)

Smellin Coffee said:
Bruh said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Bruh said:
Tennessean said:
Bruh said:
IFB X-Files said:
Bruh said:

You sure about that?

I guess she was right.

So physical assault on someone who has committed physical assault on another is Cajun because it certainly isn't Christlike. At least you are honest in where you stand. :)

Guilty!

Smellin Coffee said:
Bruh said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Bruh said:
Tennessean said:
Bruh said:
IFB X-Files said:
Bruh said:

You sure about that?

I guess she was right.

You and God have a difference of opinion on how to protect your family.
So, as well, does our gov.
Just because it is illegal, doesn't mean it is wrong.

prophet said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Bruh said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Bruh said:
Tennessean said:
Bruh said:
IFB X-Files said:
Bruh said:

You sure about that?

I guess she was right.

"Protecting" has to do with prevention before or while happening. What is being discussed is retaliation and retribution.

Smellin Coffee said:
prophet said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Bruh said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Bruh said:
Tennessean said:
Bruh said:
IFB X-Files said:
Bruh said:

You sure about that?

I guess she was right.

"Protecting" has to do with prevention before or while happening. What is being discussed is retaliation and retribution.

Or future protection :)

Mathew Ward said:
Smellin Coffee said:
prophet said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Bruh said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Bruh said:
Tennessean said:
Bruh said:
IFB X-Files said:
Bruh said:

You sure about that?

I guess she was right.

In which we go to our "preemptive striking" argument as to whether it be ethical in accordance to the teachings of Jesus... :)

Mathew Ward said:
Smellin Coffee said:
prophet said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Bruh said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Bruh said:
Tennessean said:
Bruh said:
IFB X-Files said:
Bruh said:

You sure about that?

I guess she was right.

Exactly.

In the last century, the "civilized world" has gotten warped by a false civility, that is actual cowardice.

This is personal, and it hurts, but my Mother revealed to me last year, that the main reason she left my long-time-FBCH-deacon Dad, is the failure to protect his children and stand up to Hyles.

The exact scenario, a gymn teacher at HB, picked me up by my throat and slammed me against a steel beam in the upstairs at the new grade school gym.

Smellin Coffee said:
Mathew Ward said:
Smellin Coffee said:
prophet said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Bruh said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Bruh said:
Tennessean said:
Bruh said:
IFB X-Files said:
Bruh said:

You sure about that?

I guess she was right.

In which we go to our "preemptive striking" argument as to whether it be ethical in accordance to the teachings of Jesus... :)

I'll ask for forgiveness, my Heavenly Father is rich in mercy and, remembers I am but flesh.

Someone should ask Tim McCurdy about Schaap swearing. Seem he heard quite a bit when he told Schaap he was going to be an assistant at another relatively local church.

Bruh said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Mathew Ward said:
Smellin Coffee said:
prophet said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Bruh said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Bruh said:
Tennessean said:
Bruh said:
IFB X-Files said:
Bruh said:

You sure about that?

I guess she was right.

I'll ask for forgiveness, my Heavenly Father is rich in mercy and, remembers I am but flesh.

Even though what you say about God is true, more is mandated us than just simply asking for forgiveness if we ourselves are to be recipients of forgiveness.

Matthew 6:14-15 For if you forgive men their trespasses, your father who is in heaven will forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your father forgive you your trespasses.

Mark 11:25-26 And whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your father also who is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses. But if you do not forgive, neither will your father who is in heaven forgive.

Matthew 18:34-35 And the master was angry and he handed him over to the jailers until he pay back all he owed. So will my father who is in heaven also do to you if each one of you does not forgive his brother from your hearts.

Matthew 5:7 Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy.

James 2:13 For judgment will be merciless to one who has shown no mercy; mercy triumphs over judgment.