Jack Schaap cussing?

After hearing you guys stories its amazing how Jack Schaap would do this to teenagers and other people and also to hear that staff members would do this kinda stuff to other people as well. Its amazing how people would say nothing about it and let these people walk all over them. When I was in college, my bus captain had me talk to a mother who had 2 children city baptist high school. She wanted to pull them out of the school because she was telling me that there were staff members who would shove her kids against lockers.

Smellin Coffee said:
Bruh said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Mathew Ward said:
Smellin Coffee said:
prophet said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Bruh said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Bruh said:
Tennessean said:
Bruh said:
IFB X-Files said:
Bruh said:
......my wife would be bailing me out of jail.

You sure about that?

Ha!  Why not?  what would you have done, if JS threw your teenage kid up against the wall?

There are severl steps to follow. A parent should immediately seperate the child from the assaulter. Then call 911. The police will interview all witnesses. Charges will be filed.

People who physically abuse children do not belong in situations such as this.

That's fine.  While the police are on the way, I would be handling a few things before they get there.

And to the detriment of your family, they will be taking YOU away in handcuffs.

For assault and battery.  Will cost you maybe 100 bucks. 

Also, when the police get there and find out why you tore into JS, they may just say, good for you, now go home. 

Some of you boys up north sure are different. 

But, as my Cajun grandmother use to say, No baby we different down here, we different. 

I guess she was right.

So physical assault on someone who has committed physical assault on another is Cajun because it certainly isn't Christlike. At least you are honest in where you stand. :)
You and God have a difference of opinion on how to protect your family.
So, as well, does our gov.
Just because it is illegal, doesn't mean it is wrong.

"Protecting" has to do with prevention before or while happening. What is being discussed is retaliation and retribution.

Or future protection :)

In which we go to our "preemptive striking" argument as to whether it be ethical in accordance to the teachings of Jesus... :)

I'll ask for forgiveness, my Heavenly Father is rich in mercy and, remembers I am but flesh.

Even though what you say about God is true, more is mandated us than just simply asking for forgiveness if we ourselves are to be recipients of forgiveness.

Matthew 6:14-15 For if you forgive men their trespasses, your father who is in heaven will forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your father forgive you your trespasses.

Mark 11:25-26 And whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your father also who is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses. But if you do not forgive, neither will your father who is in heaven forgive.

Matthew 18:34-35 And the master was angry and he handed him over to the jailers until he pay back all he owed. So will my father who is in heaven also do to you if each one of you does not forgive his brother from your hearts.

Matthew 5:7 Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy.

James 2:13 For judgment will be merciless to one who has shown no mercy; mercy triumphs over judgment.

Who said that I would not forgive? Trust me JS or any coach/teacher that would man handle any of my children would have to forgive me for a whole lot more after I'm through with him. There wouldn't be any ill feelings on my side.

After I'm done with JS or anyone else at HB schools, I'll love them in the Lord. Hey life goes on, don't hold grudges, my brother.

Call it tough talk or whatever, but as I said, it's a different kind of anger when it comes to a persons children.

prophet said:
Mathew Ward said:
Smellin Coffee said:
prophet said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Bruh said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Bruh said:
Tennessean said:
Bruh said:
IFB X-Files said:
Bruh said:

You sure about that?

Ha!  Why not?  what would you have done, if JS threw your teenage kid up against the wall?

There are severl steps to follow. A parent should immediately seperate the child from the assaulter. Then call 911. The police will interview all witnesses. Charges will be filed.

That's fine.  While the police are on the way, I would be handling a few things before they get there.

Also, when the police get there and find out why you tore into JS, they may just say, good for you, now go home. 

But, as my Cajun grandmother use to say, No baby we different down here, we different. 

I guess she was right.

So physical assault on someone who has committed physical assault on another is Cajun because it certainly isn't Christlike. At least you are honest in where you stand. :)

"Protecting" has to do with prevention before or while happening. What is being discussed is retaliation and retribution.

Exactly.

In the last century, the "civilized world" has gotten warped by a false civility, that is actual cowardice.

This is personal, and it hurts, but my Mother revealed to me last year, that the main reason she left my long-time-FBCH-deacon Dad, is the failure to protect his children and stand up to Hyles.

The exact scenario, a gymn teacher at HB, picked me up by my throat and slammed me against a steel beam in the upstairs at the new grade school gym.

THE JERK, SUMNER?

Bruh said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Bruh said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Mathew Ward said:
Smellin Coffee said:
prophet said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Bruh said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Bruh said:
Tennessean said:
Bruh said:
IFB X-Files said:
Bruh said:

You sure about that?

I guess she was right.

In which we go to our "preemptive striking" argument as to whether it be ethical in accordance to the teachings of Jesus... :)

I'll ask for forgiveness, my Heavenly Father is rich in mercy and, remembers I am but flesh.

Even though what you say about God is true, more is mandated us than just simply asking for forgiveness if we ourselves are to be recipients of forgiveness.

Matthew 6:14-15 For if you forgive men their trespasses, your father who is in heaven will forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your father forgive you your trespasses.

Mark 11:25-26 And whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your father also who is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses. But if you do not forgive, neither will your father who is in heaven forgive.

Matthew 18:34-35 And the master was angry and he handed him over to the jailers until he pay back all he owed. So will my father who is in heaven also do to you if each one of you does not forgive his brother from your hearts.

Matthew 5:7 Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy.

James 2:13 For judgment will be merciless to one who has shown no mercy; mercy triumphs over judgment.

Who said that I would not forgive? Trust me JS or any coach/teacher that would man handle any of my children would have to forgive me for a whole lot more after I'm through with him. There wouldn't be any ill feelings on my side.

After I'm done with JS or anyone else at HB schools, I'll love them in the Lord. Hey life goes on, don't hold grudges, my brother.

Call it tough talk or whatever, but as I said, it's a different kind of anger when it comes to a persons children.

In the 70's and 80's, HB had a history of hiring men to coach that were way too young and immature.  FM was way too young to lead PE classes for HBJHS and his disciplining of teen boys was way over the top.  He made sure to take it out mostly on those boys being raised by a single mom with no dad presence. You could add EL and KA to that list.....these two made huge bullying and hazing issues in the wrestling dept at HB.

16KJV11 said:
Maybe there is no exact Scripture prohibiting cussing as we know it, but surely these Scriptures and more convey the principle of a pure mouth...

Colossians 4:6 (KJV)
Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.

Sure, modern day foul language isn't graceful speech.

Titus 2:7-8 (KJV)
7  In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine shewing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity, 8  Sound speech, that cannot be condemned; that he that is of the contrary part may be ashamed, having no evil thing to say of you.

1 Timothy 4:7 (KJV)
7  But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness.

1 Timothy 6:20 (KJV)
20  O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:

2 Timothy 2:16 (KJV)
16  But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

The word profane means wicked, heathenish...

Philippians 4:8 (KJV)
8  Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
I realize that this Scripture says 'think', but truly as a man thinketh in his heart, so is he.

Much of the folly of the Pharisees in Jesus day was b/c they derived their righteousness from obeying the letter of the law to obtain their righteousness. 
Much of the folly of today's Pharisees is derived from the fact that if they don't have a specific verse covering a specific item, they ignore the spirit of Scriptures.

Maybe there is no Scripture strictly forbidding modern day 'cursing' per se', but the spirit of the Scriptures dictates that whatever we DO say should be pure, holy, incorruptible, God honoring etc. etc. etc.

I agree entirely.

When the Holy Spirit transformed me, He took the foul language from my mind. No, I didn't use God's name in vain; it's still foul language, common, coarse, vulgar, and nothing like these Scriptures tell us our speech should be.

Walt said:
16KJV11 said:
Maybe there is no exact Scripture prohibiting cussing as we know it, but surely these Scriptures and more convey the principle of a pure mouth...

Colossians 4:6 (KJV)
Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.

Sure, modern day foul language isn't graceful speech.

Titus 2:7-8 (KJV)
7  In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine shewing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity, 8  Sound speech, that cannot be condemned; that he that is of the contrary part may be ashamed, having no evil thing to say of you.

1 Timothy 4:7 (KJV)
7  But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness.

1 Timothy 6:20 (KJV)
20  O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:

2 Timothy 2:16 (KJV)
16  But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

The word profane means wicked, heathenish...

Philippians 4:8 (KJV)
8  Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
I realize that this Scripture says 'think', but truly as a man thinketh in his heart, so is he.

Much of the folly of the Pharisees in Jesus day was b/c they derived their righteousness from obeying the letter of the law to obtain their righteousness. 
Much of the folly of today's Pharisees is derived from the fact that if they don't have a specific verse covering a specific item, they ignore the spirit of Scriptures.

Maybe there is no Scripture strictly forbidding modern day 'cursing' per se', but the spirit of the Scriptures dictates that whatever we DO say should be pure, holy, incorruptible, God honoring etc. etc. etc.

I agree entirely.

When the Holy Spirit transformed me, He took the foul language from my mind. No, I didn't use God's name in vain; it's still foul language, common, coarse, vulgar, and nothing like these Scriptures tell us our speech should be.
What they said.

fishinnut said:
cast.sheep said:
Yes, JS cussed at people in a very personal and degrading way. Looked right at them in anger and called them "arrogant little (insert colorful words here)". Not just staff. Teenagers too. The "f" word was not uncommon. Threw young men up against the wall....in anger.
1. He learned the "against the wall" trick from Davey-boy.
2. Really.....that skinny little runt & not one dad boxed his ears.
3. Wow.

I actually know of two who tried. One was in schaap's office about one of his kids and the other was in his office for marriage counseling. Schaap was mouthy and verbally abusive with both of them and things escalated. When they stood up to go after him the security people swarmed in and roughed them both up. Neither knew how security knew something was going on. One left never to go back and the other, even though he is not living in this part of the country, is still a deacon.

Bruh said:

I understand. Believe me, I understand from experience, unfortunately. And I also understand that forgiveness and continuing prayer of mercy for the predator is what God used to bring me peace.

tobytyler said:
prophet said:
Mathew Ward said:
Smellin Coffee said:
prophet said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Bruh said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Bruh said:
Tennessean said:
Bruh said:
IFB X-Files said:
Bruh said:

You sure about that?

I guess she was right.

Exactly.

In the last century, the "civilized world" has gotten warped by a false civility, that is actual cowardice.

This is personal, and it hurts, but my Mother revealed to me last year, that the main reason she left my long-time-FBCH-deacon Dad, is the failure to protect his children and stand up to Hyles.

The exact scenario, a gymn teacher at HB, picked me up by my throat and slammed me against a steel beam in the upstairs at the new grade school gym.

THE JERK, SUMNER?
Give this man a prize...

When someone does us wrong, we are to forgive.
When someone does wrong to those in our charge, we have a duty that includes up to pre-emptive striking for prevention of future attacks. 

There is no such thing as forgiving wrongs done to others.
We have no right.
And when that person depends on our protection, we are obligated to secure future prevention.

Do not confuse psychological disorders with duty.
My kid needs to handle every problem that is within her/his ability range.
When it comes to an adult attacking them, it is not their job.  They can't handle that responsibility.

You, SC, and I, are shining examples of the PTSD that unprotected kids go through.

Yes, we both had to forgive predators, for the sake of our own relationship with God.

No, our parents had no right to forgive those same people.

prophet said:
tobytyler said:
prophet said:
Mathew Ward said:
Smellin Coffee said:
prophet said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Bruh said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Bruh said:
Tennessean said:
Bruh said:
IFB X-Files said:
Bruh said:

You sure about that?

I guess she was right.

Exactly.

THE JERK, SUMNER?
Give this man a prize...

Sumner was a jerk, with his fat self can't fit in his clothes. At least in the 80's.

BALAAM said:
the other was in his office for marriage counseling. Schaap was mouthy and verbally abusive with both of them and things escalated.

That is pretty much what a happened to us. After he cursed us out, he jerked open his door and screamed at me, "Don't come back until you get right with God". I walked out to see security and a line of people waiting to see me all staring at us like we were the devil incarnate. That Monday I called and asked that I be removed from membership roles and I was told I could not remove myslef.

There was something not right about Summner. The way he verbally abused all the boys in class and then doted over the girls calling them dolly, babe, cutie, honey babe etc. If I had a daughter, I would not have allowed her to be in his class.

Smellin Coffee said:
I really don't have a problem with one cussing as long as it is not done with disrespect.

cuss_zpsgiajerfy.jpg

nightbusheretic14 said:
It true that Jack Schaap would sometimes cuss at his staff members in meetings?  I am sure some of you here are former staff members of FBC or HAC. What were some of your experiences with Jack Schaap in your meetings with him?

I've heard all of these stories about Schaap's screaming profanity-laced tirades at staff and members and am always absolutely baffled that he didn't get his nose broken as a result of one of these events. Honestly baffling to me.

Also, the profanity was the least of Schaap's issues as he was clearly a predatory narcissist long before he was probably using inappropriate language.

Bruh said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Mathew Ward said:
Smellin Coffee said:
prophet said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Bruh said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Bruh said:
Tennessean said:
Bruh said:
IFB X-Files said:
Bruh said:

You sure about that?

I guess she was right.

I must agree! 

Shall I sin all the more that grace may abound?

rsc2a said:
Shall I sin all the more that grace may abound?

Have you read this thread?

Also, we are talking about protecting our children and others.

The discussion lately is about retaliation, and Jesus was quite clear. Retaliation is evil.

rsc2a said:
The discussion lately is about retaliation, and Jesus was quite clear. Retaliation is evil.

Vengeance and retaliation are the sole purview of the LORD.

Vengeance is mine sayeth the LORD, I will repay. He is the expert.

This is certainly one area where no believer ought to reside either in thought or in action.