Jack Schaap cussing?

rsc2a said:
The discussion lately is about retaliation, and Jesus was quite clear. Retaliation is evil.

No, it's not retaliation, it's punishment for crimes.

Bruh said:
rsc2a said:
The discussion lately is about retaliation, and Jesus was quite clear. Retaliation is evil.

No, it's not retaliation, it's punishment for crimes.
Modern liberalism....redefines prosecution and protection as retaliation.
They've been doing it to us since we were in K-4.
You know the playground bully is going to continue to pick on your little sister or brother indefinitely.  They told on him, anfd he turned it around on them.
The adults scolded both of them, for fighting, as if somehow the victim started it.
So, you make a decision that changes your life completely...you decide to stand up for the weaker, and take persecution from all sides, or you decide to cower.
Those who make the decision to cower, come upbwith their justifications, and: voila,  we have liberalism.  They hide behind misaaplication of Law and Scripture, and eventually join the bullies, shooting from the safety of their compromised position at those few who dare to stand.

I made the other decision.
I view the rest of you as cowards.
You despise me for it.
I don't care.

Jesus' advice?  It would be better for them to be millstoned, tjan to be allowed to continue offending the little ones....

You call me coward and question my faith. You also worship a book as a deity. I think I'll be fine. :)

prophet said:
Modern liberalism....redefines prosecution and protection as retaliation.

Extreme liberalism, perhaps, but I don't see that as being mainstream.

prophet said:
They've been doing it to us since we were in K-4.
You know the playground bully is going to continue to pick on your little sister or brother indefinitely.  They told on him, anfd he turned it around on them.
The adults scolded both of them, for fighting, as if somehow the victim started it.
So, you make a decision that changes your life completely...you decide to stand up for the weaker, and take persecution from all sides, or you decide to cower.

Nobody is saying that we shouldn't stand up for the weaker. In fact, the opposite should be true. There is such a thing as civil disobedience on behalf of others. Example, look at those who protected Jewish people against Naziism, those who help slaves escape in America, etc. One can stand for and with one who is being oppressed without violence. Granted, sometimes if caught in the act of violence, limited violence might be needed as a part of the defense of the weaker but to retaliate with physical violence after the fact is sinful, IMHO.

prophet said:
Those who make the decision to cower, come upbwith their justifications, and: voila,  we have liberalism.  They hide behind misaaplication of Law and Scripture, and eventually join the bullies, shooting from the safety of their compromised position at those few who dare to stand. 

So you are saying that Jesus was a liberal. Thank you. :)

prophet said:
I made the other decision.

That's fine. Each of us makes our own choice.

prophet said:
I view the rest of you as cowards.

That's fine as well. You are entitled to your opinions. However, I feel it takes more strength NOT to fight back than to do so, sometimes.

prophet said:
You despise me for it.
I don't care.

I don't. I disagree but I don't despise anyone simply because they disagree with me about something.

prophet said:
Jesus' advice?  It would be better for them to be millstoned, tjan to be allowed to continue offending the little ones....

Yes, he said it would have been better but if you notice, He didn't pick up the rock and rope and head in their direction. Instead, His threat implied that God would take care of the situation somewhere down the line.

rsc2a said:
You call me coward and question my faith. You also worship a book as a deity. I think I'll be fine. :)

Next thing you know, some idiot might accuse you of:
Yes. Your politics...the thing you have replaced Jesus with.

Shameful!  ;)