Jack Schaap FIRED!!!

Vandal

Elect
Reaction score
http://www.fundamentalforums.com/hyles-anderson-college/110073-any-truth-who-can-confirm-3.html#post2113639
As of last night, Jack Schaap has been fired from FBCH. He was recently with an underage bus girl (whom he was counseling for sexual abuse) and he took her across state lines. It was found out during Youth Conference when he left his phone on the pulpit and the girl texted him an explicit photo of herself. Other photos were then found on the phone. The police and feds are now involved. The deacons have met beginning late Sunday night and during the morning and day yesterday. His preaching schedule has been wiped clean, and the deacons have said the church will be told tomorrow night. The head deacon has indicated that nothing will be covered up and the church will be told the truth. From what I am seeing, there are other persons who are fully willing to come forward with their own stories should FBCH decide to cover this up, rather than being forthcoming.

Good for FBCH if they are transparent. Much better than if they try to brush it all under the rug.

[quote author=AresMan]Much better than if they try to brush it all under the rug.
[/quote]

Those rugs must look like Indian Mounds.

I can't find any news source for this story and nothing has been announced on their website.  Is this story that fresh?

http://www.fundamentalforums.com/hyles-anderson-college/110073-any-truth-who-can-confirm-3.html#post2113667
The adult son/daughter of one of the deacons in the meeting confirmed it for me yesterday afternoon. Terry Duff, head deacon, has also confirmed it with others. It is my understanding that the media has been quietly alerted. I didn't get my information from Stuff Fundies Like.

Also, I believe the media would await official confirmation, which is planned (as of last night) for tomorrow evening at church.

AresMan said:
Good for FBCH if they are transparent. Much better than if they try to brush it all under the rug.

I agree, but these type of preverts usually have a history.  I would not be surprised to learn that other things have been covered up, and if so, that is unconscionable. 

Nothing surprises me where FBCH is concerned; however, is there credible confirmation of this apart from posts on the fleabag forum?

I don't know about this particular case but the evidence concerning Jack Hyles was overwhelming.  The number of Independent Fundamental King James Only separated Baptists caught up in things like this seem to go on and on.  It shows that asceticism and legalistic fences that some put and demand from others simply don't work.  The worst part is the constant covering up and excuses for these slime balls.

It almost seems like the more righteous you pretend to be, the more perverted you become behind that whitewashed exterior. 

It is true.
It saddens me for Schaaps family, the church family and the cause of Christ!

I also feel sorry for his family.  I am actually glad for his Church and the cause of Christ, however.  It will be a good thing for them not to be exposed to his horrible preaching and his apparent abuse of authority.

BandGuy said:
I also feel sorry for his family.  I am actually glad for his Church and the cause of Christ, however.  It will be a good thing for them not to be exposed to his horrible preaching and his apparent abuse of authority.

Point taken.
I was thinking of the people in the church who have given, sacrificed and believed in the system there.
At some level, they have my sympathy and need our prayers.

What amazes me is how anyone could have taken Schaap seriously in the first place!

I hate it for the victims. It is too often this happens. I hope.... no one tries to turn Schaap into a victim.

This is terrible. I don't totally agree with this man or his Church, but news like this from any denomination is just terrible.

Just curious....

Do you think the church itself might have been a enabler of the abuse?

JS should have never been allowed to have been around such a girl in a private setting. I don't care who you are or what you think you are. The circumstance call for a woman's touch. If any "private counseling" is to take place.... it should be among those of the same sex. (not saying that isn't abused as well but less so. Group counseling would always be a better choice.)

Too often those of weak minds are easily influenced to the point they ignore reality. When men like "JS" are put on a pedestal to the point.....they can do no wrong..... then stupid choices are made that produce results such as this. The church placed far too much trust in any one man.

christundivided said:
I hate it for the victims. It is too often this happens. I hope.... no one tries to turn Schaap into a victim.

Having followed two pastors in churches where they were involved in infidelity and were caught and the proof indisputable...I can guarantee you that there will be those who will say "poor pastor"...they will see him as the victim.  And not only that history tells us that things will be twisted in the minds of some that he really didn't do anything really bad, and if he did, he needs to be reinstated because it shows "forgiveness"....

Anyone here ever heard of Marty Braemer?

T-Bone said:
christundivided said:

Having followed two pastors in churches where they were involved in infidelity and were caught and the proof indisputable...I can guarantee you that there will be those who will say "poor pastor"...they will see him as the victim.  And not only that history tells us that things will be twisted in the minds of some that he really didn't do anything really bad, and if he did, he needs to be reinstated because it shows "forgiveness"....

Anyone here ever heard of Marty Braemer?

I'm sure there will be blind (to the facts) loyalists, especially in this follow Gods man culture.
But, it seems that the church leadership are going to take decisive action.....he's fired is a good start!

I don't know whether this allegation is true, but if so, I'm saddened for the way the devil will be given a foothold, and pray that God watches over and leads His own to grace, mercy, and forgiveness.

[quote author=biscuit1953]
The number of Independent Fundamental King James Only separated Baptists caught up in things like this seem to go on and on.[/quote]

I think immorality knows no denominational tag.  People here simply hang with those that are insiders and privy to the scoop of IFBism. 

Biscuit said:
  It shows that asceticism and legalistic fences that some put and demand from others simply don't work. 

Abso-stinking-spot-on.  I literally pray that that those who think that "putting up fences" ("standards") in order to sanctify themselves will see this for what it is and flee to the grace and power of Christ for their daily provision against the flesh.