Jack Schaap FIRED!!!

Tarheel Baptist said:
T-Bone said:
christundivided said:
I hate it for the victims. It is too often this happens. I hope.... no one tries to turn Schaap into a victim.

Having followed two pastors in churches where they were involved in infidelity and were caught and the proof indisputable...I can guarantee you that there will be those who will say "poor pastor"...they will see him as the victim.  And not only that history tells us that things will be twisted in the minds of some that he really didn't do anything really bad, and if he did, he needs to be reinstated because it shows "forgiveness"....

Anyone here ever heard of Marty Braemer?

I'm sure there will be blind (to the facts) loyalists, especially in this follow Gods man culture.
But, it seems that the church leadership are going to take decisive action.....he's fired is a good start!

agreed

This must be the day for bad news.

Someone very close to me getting divorced.  Total blindside.

News of a godly young family losing a two year old in a freak accident.

Now this.  My already heavy heart is more burdened, not because of any appreciation for Jack Schaap, but because the name of Christ suffers reproach.  Aside from everything else that he was (and is), he was a pastor who professed to strongly "believe the Bible."  However else we may have differed, on this point we stand agreed (or at least, I agree with what he professed to believe.)

I am utterly sick of these instances.  Sick of pretenders, sick of false teachers, sick of power-hungry pretenders to the ministry, and lest I appear haughty, sick of my own sin too.

Reformed Guy said:
and lest I appear haughty, sick of my own sin too.

I'm not supportive of "JS" at all.... but I've seen very good men fall over some very silly circumstances. Circumstances that could have been avoided with some common sense.

1Co 10:11  Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.
1Co 10:12  Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

His arrogance and demeanor should have been red flags.  Why do so many prefer the cocksure, over the top performance pastors to those who quietly and humbly open the Word of God?  Pastors who pretend to be above sin and proudly place themselves in the position of spiritual roll models should be wary.  Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

Ah dang, Tarheel beat me to it!

You know what I miss? That video that used to be on YouTube, singing about "First Baptist Beautiful Girls." That was a work of genius. And prophetic.

Tarheel Baptist said:
It is true.
It saddens me for Schaaps family, the church family and the cause of Christ!

With all due respect, I don't believe that this will hurt the cause of Christ at all.  I would hate to think these slime balls like Marty. Saaaaap, et. al. could impact God's plan one iota. It is a black eye for FBCH and churches who practice like faith, most certainly.  For some reason I doubt this will increase or decrease the attendance that God has planned for heaven.  I just don't see God bringing out an eraser and rubbing out names from the Lamb's Book of Life because of these hirelings.
As always, I am open to being convinced otherwise.
Hope you are doing well by the way. 

Who knows maybe this will open up an opportunity for Marty to move back up North! :eek: 8)

I would like to clarify something.  I believe every Christian should have certain spiritual fences he refuses to cross but the fences I have built may not be the same as someone else's. It took me a long time to learn this but it isn't my job to build fences for others.  If something isn't specifically forbidden, I must allow another Christian the liberty of conscience to abstain or not. 

T-Bone said:
Who knows maybe this will open up an opportunity for Marty to move back up North! :eek: 8)

eek.gif

HeDied4U said:
T-Bone said:

eek.gif

Anyone want to bet on how long it will take Braymore to come to the defense of Saaaap on his blog and say something to the affect " see, adultery can happen to anyone, I am not that bad after all"?
I know we are all subject to this sin, however I believe it is more than coincidence that those who preach the "hardest" against sexual sin are usually right in the middle of it. Especially those who have "high staaaaaannndddddddddards".

bruinboy said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
It is true.
It saddens me for Schaaps family, the church family and the cause of Christ!

With all due respect, I don't believe that this will hurt the cause of Christ at all.  I would hate to think these slime balls like Marty. Saaaaap, et. al. could impact God's plan one iota. It is a black eye for FBCH and churches who practice like faith, most certainly.  For some reason I doubt this will increase or decrease the attendance that God has planned for heaven.  I just don't see God bringing out an eraser and rubbing out names from the Lamb's Book of Life because of these hirelings.
As always, I am open to being convinced otherwise.
Hope you are doing well by the way.

As a Calvinist, I understand that when a christian leader or ministry fails, God doesnt go into emergency mode.
I believe there are some good, dedicated, misguided people in FBCH and Hyles Anderson.
I also know how devasted Schaaps' family...children, grandchildren, wife must be.

I have sympathy and prayer support for them.

Again, I do not understand how anyone like Schaap could ever be taken seriously in the first place!

This must be the day for bad news.

I'm hard pressed to find this news bad. God cleans up his church, one statutory rapist at a time.

The bad news is that it's taken this long to get rid of the pervert. Why didn't little red flags start popping up in FBCH when Schaap started likening half of everything in the Bible to some form of sexual intercourse?

It is bad news for his family who are going to have to live the devastation he has left behind for his family. 

BandGuy said:
It is bad news for his family who are going to have to live the devastation he has left behind for his family.

Not to mention the family of the girl who was abused.

On the other hand, the good news is, he can always find work in southern Florida, in local radio.

I am rather hoping he will find work in a federal prison making license plates.

Sickens me that anyone, especially one in authority, is an abusive person.  I am hoping that the church leadership is serious about cooperating with the authorities.  The words in their letter portray cooperation, but it is the action that counts.

Ransom said:
Nothing surprises me where FBCH is concerned; however, is there credible confirmation of this apart from posts on the fleabag forum?

Yes.

No doubt this will be quite a valley to walk through for his family.

It will devastate those good people who were taught this man centered Christianity.

I am sure some will wake up and leave this performance based Christianity.

There will be many staff members that will be directly affected by this and many that will spend sleepless nights hopefully fixing the problems.