Jack Schaap out of prison

A few years ago? Dang. I know the podcst post was 2 years ago, but the fanmail was 9 years ago. It's old news. Dude. Hundreds of FBCH people wrote those letters in support of him.
It's just another example of his trying to keep his old personna alive in the form of "Anti." Wish he'd disappear.

Odd. I guess I was gone for so long from this forum, I don't know much about this guy. But he seems oodd.
If I'm not mistaken, he was "TonyHutsonComeidan" and a couple of other sock puppets. He was banned, but came back as "Anti". I'm "Anti" him.

While what you say is true, it is also not on us to assume the worse. We should tread carefully on both sides.
We can assume sexual deviancy, since that is his history, and philosophy.
We can take him at his blasphemous words, taken from the Court Transcripts.
We can assume Fornication, since he was reprimanded twice for it, officially, while locked up.
We can assume that any man who could teach what he did, is hopelessly reprobate, and will never be right.
I have daughters around the victim's age.
I understand restoration, but what are we commanded to do, until the repentance is proven?
That's right! Assume he is LOST!
Here is our Commandment, which you are advocating against, sadly:

1 Corinthians 5:11-13
But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

Put Schaap away from the church!!

The judge who handled his attempt to get early release last year, along with people who worked at the prison, attested to the fact that he had no remorse...but, of course, you, being a follower of Hyles, wouldn't want to acknowledge that! I just love how you Hyles apologists come crawling out of the woodwork with feigned piousness to defend your "god".
Yes, to the first half, pre-ellipsis.

The SOB didn’t get what he deserved! I hope someone gives him what his punishment should be! He offered no repentance and he damaged a poor, broken soul in his care. How is SHE feeling today? I could never be trusted around him. My impulse to truly punish him is too strong! I am a survivor of that place and was done that and worse by a “trusted man of God”! This is a “rinse and repeat” crime he did! Something is fundamentally wrong with him! (pun intended!). God will take care of the rest! Anyone who truly knows the facts knows how deep this runs and who he really is! If you don’t know the story, in its entirety, then read the story, listen to the testimony. Otherwise you speak in ignorance!
He deserves death for his crimes.

Thanks for the clarification. Wasn't Schaap Young Adults/Singles Pastor under Hyles?
He had a micro version...only HB grads were in that dept.
I only remember one lesson he ever taught, with a shred of useful wisdom in it.

Hello,
You are a man. John Wilkerson may be a different man, but he observes the same practices of his predecessors. YES! I am bitter against a place and a group of folks who delve in sin and then invoke God’s word, twist it and say they won’t gossip and they do it anyway. Wilkerson has never rebuked the sin and false teachings and will not change staff members. I have every reason, of which you know none, to be bitter and I believe God’s teachings about rebuking sin. That is what I am doing. I am an assault victim of FBCH and they covered it up as much as they could. People in my family forced their hand on some points. You are a case of not knowing whereof you speak. I am the one rebuking the sin. You just think I am bitter and unforgiving. That is the way you were taught. What you were taught is wrong in the eyes of God, not matter what FBCH/HAC/HBHS, etc. think. I have an abundant life in Christ and I have Old Testament righteous indignation and hatred for such sin! You do not know me. You have not lived my experience. You are a lamb who has been expertly slain and you don’t even know you are bleeding out. I hope you awaken to what is right. May God have mercy on your soul.
FBCH covered up a sex crime against me.
Allowed the attacker to return.
The current CFO greeted him with a hug, the day he showed up.
I happened to be walking by.
Even though it was 2 decades later, I never returned to FBCH after that morning.
And I was an Associate Pastor at the time.

I have only been to FBCH and HAC 2x...both times there were so many inconsistencies, that I decided I could never return. When Hyles came to preach at Maranatha Baptist Bible College back in the Spring of 1983, I did my best to skip his preaching by saying I was sick...but Dr. Cedarholm convinced me that though I knew a lot of things about what was going on, the Lord did too, and I needed to be faithful. I followed his advice and went to chapel. I wasn't disappointed with the acting job that Hyles did, especially afterward when he was among a group of students whom he stated that we should leave MBBC and go to HAC...that Dr. C was a "losing it." What a hypocrite!

FBCH covered up a sex crime against me.
Allowed the attacker to return.
The current CFO greeted him with a hug, the day he showed up.
I happened to be walking by.
Even though it was 2 decades later, I never returned to FBCH after that morning.
And I was an Associate Pastor at the time.
Not Everyone Is Drinking the Kool-Aid ... When JS first took the helm, we took a group in March. I was hopeful for a change in direction, and I thought we should give the guy a chance. However, when he preached a BLATANT DOCTRINALLY FALSE message attacking the very Sovereignty of God, I was done. I was appalled that the altar was full. We left. We had a book burning on our return. We have never been back.

When JW became the pastor, I was hopeful for a change of direction. HOWEVER, there are STILL people on staff who were there when all the false doctrine stuff was spilling out in audio and book format. Do I want those guys having ANY influence on our youth and especially those seeking training for ministry? Absolutely NOT! They do not appear to know the first thing about walking away from doctrinal apostasy. They should not be teaching / influencing the next generation of leaders.

Hello,
You are a man. John Wilkerson may be a different man, but he observes the same practices of his predecessors. YES! I am bitter against a place and a group of folks who delve in sin and then invoke God’s word, twist it and say they won’t gossip and they do it anyway. Wilkerson has never rebuked the sin and false teachings and will not change staff members. I have every reason, of which you know none, to be bitter and I believe God’s teachings about rebuking sin. That is what I am doing. I am an assault victim of FBCH and they covered it up as much as they could. People in my family forced their hand on some points. You are a case of not knowing whereof you speak. I am the one rebuking the sin. You just think I am bitter and unforgiving. That is the way you were taught. What you were taught is wrong in the eyes of God, not matter what FBCH/HAC/HBHS, etc. think. I have an abundant life in Christ and I have Old Testament righteous indignation and hatred for such sin! You do not know me. You have not lived my experience. You are a lamb who has been expertly slain and you don’t even know you are bleeding out. I hope you awaken to what is right. May God have mercy on your soul.
So very saddened for "sawthruglassclearly" ... my heart grieves for you in your pain. Deep Sigh ...

Schaap has been out a year and it’s been silent. Weird…. I know he’s going to make some comeback. I’m just wondering why there’s no news yet. 🤔🤔🤔

I have only been to FBCH and HAC 2x...both times there were so many inconsistencies, that I decided I could never return. When Hyles came to preach at Maranatha Baptist Bible College back in the Spring of 1983, I did my best to skip his preaching by saying I was sick...but Dr. Cedarholm convinced me that though I knew a lot of things about what was going on, the Lord did too, and I needed to be faithful. I followed his advice and went to chapel. I wasn't disappointed with the acting job that Hyles did, especially afterward when he was among a group of students whom he stated that we should leave MBBC and go to HAC...that Dr. C was a "losing it." What a hypocrite!

I remember that when I was in college, he came to speak in chapel. Everyone was so excited. You would think a movie star was coming (and this was long BEFORE Robert Sumner and his revelations) I don't know if he had a cold that day or not, but his constant clearing of his throat drove me crazy. I only heard him that one time.

I heard Jack Hyles many times in person, that style of clearing his throat is a hallmark. I've seen HAC grads copy it.
Yes, and if they're copying that particular small item, I wonder how many of the "big things" they are copying?

Schaap has been out a year and it’s been silent. Weird…. I know he’s going to make some comeback. I’m just wondering why there’s no news yet. 🤔🤔🤔

Well, what happens when he pops his head up?

1c0ff0.jpg

1. "I see no repentance in him" - Have you been in close contact with him? Repentance is a matter of the heart
2. "I seriously doubt he's sorry for what he's done." - Again, only he & God know this, though we could see fruits of this. However, I would think to be fair, we'd have to wait until he's been out of prison to see if that's the case
3. I don't believe he served a long enough amount of time..." - Again, this is highly subjective. I think 12 years for a 17 year old young lady is a pretty heavy sentence. No, I'm not blaming the victim. But, again, if I want to be objective, I must compare sentences others have received for the same crime. He definitely got an above average sentence.
Now, is he a believer? I actually would say yes. Why? Because it seemed like God has chastised him pretty severely.... As far as we know, this is the only case. There is another woman who claims that he "wanted" her but never touched her sexually.
I'm fully aware of his indiscretion in prison. I read where his doctor said he should be on meds, and if his meds would have been balanced, he would not have done this.
Again - I know this is very unpopular... I'm not saying this is what I think, but I am trying to be fair. I do hope that he can rectify his life to bring some glory to God in his sunset years.
“Twelve years for a seventeen year old young lady”—“Not blaming the victim” ! I hope you don’t have a daughter! They would’ve had to try to pry me off of him in my attempt to choke him to death! Comments like you made above are the reason so many Jack Schaaps are lurking ‘round the corner! Shame on you for taking grooming, pedophilia, child rape, etc. so lightly! That seventeen year old girl will serve a manner of personal agony for the rest of her life! I know, because I do!