Jeff Owens has a new church!

labaptist

Elect
Reaction score
Jeff Owens is now the pastor of Twin Rivers Baptist Church in New Berne, NC.  I looked up the church on Google Earth and it looks quite small. Glad to see he's back in The Lord's work :)

Because the only work the Lord has anything to do with is done through the church...?

labaptist said:
Jeff Owens is now the pastor of Twin Rivers Baptist Church in New Berne, NC.  I looked up the church on Google Earth and it looks quite small. Glad to see he's back in The Lord's work :)

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with they might. Most of us are in the Lord's work. I am a full-time Christian worker even though I work a secular job. Jeff Owens has never been out of the Lord's work.

WATCH OUT.....WATCH OUT.....WATCH OUT.....for more of his windbag preaching & books pushing his own legalism.

I like Owens. I've heard him preach in person and he was nothing like the guy that preached sermons at HAC. My only beef with him is hanging around Allen Domelle.

labaptist said:
I believe that He has been there for over a year now. 

labaptist said:
I like Owens. I've heard him preach in person and he was nothing like the guy that preached sermons at HAC. My only beef with him is hanging around Allen Domelle.

What did he preach?

I hope that Jeff Owens learned what he needed to learn and that he was truly humbled before God.

I've heard him preach only 4-5 times; never heard a Biblical message from him; never (maybe rarely) heard Jesus Christ lifted up.  His usual messages that I heard were to use the Bible as a springboard into some topic that he then went on about

I pray that God will be glorified in this new work... but, knowing of his long association with things Hyles, I'm a bit doubtful that he can overcome all of the baggage.

Wonder if his wife found any new friends!

The internet holds no punches on the truth.........do you think his church did any research on him :eek:

Sherryh said:
The internet holds no punches on the truth.........do you think his church did any research on him :eek:
They would have to blind as a bat, deaf as a stump and mute as a mummy not to know what had happened.
Leaving a church that ran over a thousand, getting ready to start a college, etc. etc. etc., and give it all up to go to a church that had one foot on a banana peel and the other in the grave?
I happen to love Bro. Owens & what I say is not a criticism, but I seriously doubt that the new church did not know what they were dealing with.
I am glad that he is back in the pulpit.
I do wish he would have waited another year to jump into it though to solidify his marriage a little more.

16KJV11 said:
Sherryh said:
They would have to blind as a bat, deaf as a stump and mute as a mummy not to know what had happened.
Leaving a church that ran over a thousand, getting ready to start a college, etc. etc. etc., and give it all up to go to a church that had one foot on a banana peel and the other in the grave?
I happen to love Bro. Owens & what I say is not a criticism, but I seriously doubt that the new church did not know what they were dealing with.
I do wish he would have waited another year to jump into it though to solidify his marriage a little more.
He could solidify his marriage all he wants to, he can't undo has s son's criminal record that started long before he left home.
Psssssst, in case you don't remember, that disqualifies him from Bishopry.

prophet said:
16KJV11 said:
Sherryh said:
He could solidify his marriage all he wants to, he can't undo has s son's criminal record that started long before he left home.
Psssssst, in case you don't remember, that disqualifies him from Bishopry.
True dat :(

I went to hear Bro. Owens preach at a church in my town a few years ago, while he was still pastoring in WV, what I heard was a different man than I use to hear in college. Excellent message, very helpful, and he was very humble in the preaching. I have also talked to him a couple times. IMO he is definitely a different preacher. I have a serious problem with his wife speaking at ladies conferences still. I almost spit out my drink when my wife told me she was speaking at a conference. I just shook my head though, it does not surprise me a pastor would have her come, and other pastors would send ladies to hear her speak. Very disappointed, but not surprised to see it.

ebcpastor said:
I went to hear Bro. Owens preach at a church in my town a few years ago, while he was still pastoring in WV, what I heard was a different man than I use to hear in college. Excellent message, very helpful, and he was very humble in the preaching. I have also talked to him a couple times. IMO he is definitely a different preacher. I have a serious problem with his wife speaking at ladies conferences still. I almost spit out my drink when my wife told me she was speaking at a conference. I just shook my head though, it does not surprise me a pastor would have her come, and other pastors would send ladies to hear her speak. Very disappointed, but not surprised to see it.

Sorry to hear this.

ebcpastor said:
I have a serious problem with his wife speaking at ladies conferences still. I almost spit out my drink when my wife told me she was speaking at a conference. I just shook my head though, it does not surprise me a pastor would have her come, and other pastors would send ladies to hear her speak. Very disappointed, but not surprised to see it.

You are saying that a woman who committed adultery while a pastors wife is teaching other women in conferences?  And pastors who know this are having her do this?  Well, I have to say I'm not surprised.  I heard men at Pastors School talk about not minding having DH as their future pastor and this was after everyone knew of his adultery.

What's a religious professional supposed to do when he isn't qualified to do the only thing he knows to do?

bgwilkinson said:
What's a religious professional supposed to do when he isn't qualified to do the only thing he knows to do?
Sell Dinars?

Attachments

• imagesMJQ72TKP.jpg
    imagesMJQ72TKP.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 5