Jesus and Strippers

Recovering IFB said:
...The Pharisees/Fundies would rather see these women wither in their sins with little or no compassion for them.

Not only is that an outright lie, it is a moronic outright lie.

Anchor said:
Recovering IFB said:
...The Pharisees/Fundies would rather see these women wither in their sins with little or no compassion for them.

Okay, so they don't want them to wither in their sins. They just refuse to get their sanctification sullied by getting anywhere near the "appearance of evil". Better she go to hell than someone think my wife saw a naked boobie.

When a believer is more worried about his reputation and holy street cred than the soul of a lost person there is something seriously wrong.

subllibrm said:
When a believer is more worried about his reputation and holy street cred than the soul of a lost person there is something seriously wrong.
So, if I don't go to the club and seek out the Chippendales (or other male strippers), or go to the gay bar and witness to those there, or any number of other similar scenarios I am now "more worried about [my] reputation and holy street cred than the soul of a lost person..."?  Okay, this is one of those statements that, before you say it, you really need to turn your ears inside out and hear how stupid it sounds. 

Anchor said:
subllibrm said:
So, if I don't go to the club and seek out the Chippendales (or other male strippers), or go to the gay bar and witness to those there, or any number of other similar scenarios I am now "more worried about [my] reputation and holy street cred than the soul of a lost person..."?  Okay, this is one of those statements that, before you say it, you really need to turn your ears inside out and hear how stupid it sounds.

Like Tim, you left out the leading of the Holy Spirit that was mentioned in the story the lady told.

My comments are directed at the judgmental reactions to her going there. Now you have the context so read it again.

BTW I am glad that Ananias obeyed God and went to minister to Saul. Because the good folks at 1st Baptist Damascus weren't going to be seen with that guy.

subllibrm said:
BTW I am glad that Ananias obeyed God and went to minister to Saul. Because the good folks at 1st Baptist Damascus weren't going to be seen with that guy.
You're really going to equate Ananias being sent to Saul who was praying in the house of a guy named Judas with a bunch of ladies going to a strip club? 

Anchor said:
So, if I don't go to the club and seek out the Chippendales (or other male strippers), or go to the gay bar and witness to those there, or any number of other similar scenarios I am now "more worried about [my] reputation and holy street cred than the soul of a lost person..."?

The question is: "Would you go if you had the opportunity?"

THAT will show your commitment to the gospel.

Anchor said:
subllibrm said:
You're really going to equate Ananias being sent to Saul who was praying in the house of a guy named Judas with a bunch of ladies going to a strip club?

I am promoting following the Holy Spirit leading despite what the neighbors may think about it. If that leads you to ridiculous conclusions, it is on you not me.

This reminds me of a friend of mine who was a Director of Awana in the state of Michigan. Someone took a picture of his van parked outside of a bar back in the 1980s.

It caused a great disturbance in the IFB of Michigan force.

The guy was visiting his uncle, who lived above the bar.

FSSL said:
This reminds me of a friend of mine who was a Director of Awana in the state of Michigan. Someone took a picture of his van parked outside of a bar back in the 1980s.

It caused a great disturbance in the IFB of Michigan force.

The guy was visiting his uncle, who lived above the bar.
He wasn't good at avoiding the appearance of evil was he? ????

Unfortunately, some did say it was poor that he parked his car there. He should have met his uncle elsewhere.

FSSL said:
Unfortunately, some did say it was poor that he parked his car there. He should have met his uncle elsewhere.

There are hoops. They must be jumped through. Why is this so hard?

;)

Arent we overlooking the obvious...
If you knock on every door in your area, regularly, and visit the jail every week, and County facilities in your county....
and any other group home, halfwayhouse, ladies shelter, College Campus, etc.....
You'll meet the strippers eventually, as well.

earnestly contend

FSSL said:

Reminds me of the deacon who was concerned that unsaved family members for an upcoming funeral might stand out on the church porch to smoke.

What would people think?

prophet said:
If you knock on every door in your area, regularly, and visit the jail every week, and County facilities in your county....
and any other group home, halfwayhouse, ladies shelter, College Campus, etc.....

earnestly contend

And the bankers and lawyers!  ;D

subllibrm said:
prophet said:

earnestly contend

And the bankers and lawyers!  ;D
And, apparently, the preachers.

earnestly contend

subllibrm said:
Reminds me of the deacon who was concerned that unsaved family members for an upcoming funeral might stand out on the church porch to smoke.

What would people think?

That he was Southern Baptist?

Lol... We have ash receptacles outside our church.

Anchor said:
No, it's pretty much par for the course when it comes the that brand of Fundamentalists. They become more concerned about what people will think if they are seen doing something evil or something they see that might throw themselves into a throws of an evil sinful activity if they are confronted with a sinful activity.
Again, this is what Jesus had timeout up with the Pharisees when he was eating with "sinners".

Recovering IFB said:
No, it's pretty much par for the course when it comes the that brand of Fundamentalists. ...
I am assuming you have some reliable sourcing on that statement (other than "...my aunt's cousin's 1st husbands' daughter-in-law assured me that is the way it is..." [or similar}).  Otherwise, it remains "a moronic...lie."

Recovering IFB said:
No, it's pretty much par for the course when it comes the that brand of Fundamentalists. They become more concerned about what people will think if they are seen doing something evil or something they see that might throw themselves into a throws of an evil sinful activity if they are confronted with a sinful activity.

It is the common "avoid all appearance of evil" approach to IFB-institutional rules.

It is exactly the reasoning given in our church and IFB college about going to the movie theatre. When they realized that they could not argue against G-rated movies, they argued on the basis of "avoiding all appearance of evil" because the same theatre showed R-rated movies and no one would know what you were there to watch.

Anchor said:
I am assuming you have some reliable sourcing on that statement (other than "...my aunt's cousin's 1st husbands' daughter-in-law assured me that is the way it is..." [or similar}).  Otherwise, it remains "a moronic...lie."
Well , if you haven't figured out by my handle name by now...............?
I came up this way. That use to be my mindset. I spent the first 20 years with my walk in the Lord in churches that taught this mindset, almond with what FSSL just said above. Again, like the Pharisees, worried about what people might think about the "appearance of evil".
So for your moronic lie  remark, you just proved to me that you have no other answer for your previous remarks. So I'll take that as a conceit in the weakness in your argument, or what little argument that have provided to back up your point.