Just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
aleshanee said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
I wasn't aware that I had a team.
I specifically pointed out that I wasn't pointing anyone out!
I stated that I had been guilty of taking things too seriously myself.

And, the play on words didn't offend anyone else in any way.
When I saw the link you posted to the 'offensive post', I thought it was linked to the wrong post.
Obviously, there isn't a 'not to be offended' right.

funny how you still added my name to that post where you said you weren;t pointing anyone out....  ::) ......... .... hey does this mean i;m off ignore now?.......  ??? ....... you are right in saying that particular post .. as it was worded.... wasn;t the most offensive one in the thread........ one of the posts in that thread which was worse....  and which several others also found at least questionable if not offensive - was made by you...... here is to a link to that one.......

http://www.fundamentalforums.org/the-fighting-forum/random-thoughts-thread/msg74657/#msg74657

now i am no authority on baptist preachers...... but that certainly sounds like a very crude joke to have come from any preacher..... and one which even you should find unbecoming for someone calling himself a pastor.....

I have not (and would never) accuse you of being an authority on Baptist preachers.
And, in hindsite, I can see how my post actually could offend someone.
I apologize and will remove it!

FSSL said:
aleshanee said:
... are you getting your daily dose of jollies from this newest pot you stirred up?

Actually... PY stirred the pot in your direction. He still doesn't understand your offense, but is still coming to your defense.

i disagree..... i believe he understands it very well....... he saw tarhells first post making a reference to the thread you locked..... and he also saw through tarhells "general statement"...... as i did.... and saw it for what it was... and knows who tarheel wrote it about........ tarheel even mentioned my name in it.... ... and if he thinks i;m dumb enough to buy his lame disclaimer on it....  then i am afraid the fumes of that north carolina pine tar stuck to his heels has gone into his nose and invaded his brain........

nobody continued talking about this last night after you locked the threads...... and nobody was talking about it this morning until tarheel brought it up........ .... i would be happy if you locked all the threads on it and deleted them now...... but at least give tarheel time to print them.... i;m sure he wants to add them to his scrapbook...... if not hang them on the wall in the mens room.......

Tarheel Baptist said:
I have not (and would never) accuse you of being an authority on Baptist preachers.
And, in hindsite, I can see how my post actually could offend someone.
I apologize and will remove it!

thank you for that..... :).... truthfully..... and on both counts....... for deleting the comment and also for not accusing me of being an authority on baptist preachers..... ....... after 12 years of the fff i think i have learned all i want to know about them....... if there is more that i am still missing then i am happy to not know it.......

aleshanee said:
.... i would be happy if you locked all the threads on it and deleted them now......

PY doesn't like it when I lock them down or delete them.

Should I ignore him?

We are all in the lobby of a burn unit---just drinking a soda and chatting-- a scarred, former burn patient joins our conversation.  Someone pulls out hand sanitizer and applies it liberally on their hands.  The former patient is repulsed and says, "That odor reminds me of  the smell when I was writhing in agony and trying to escape the flames. " 

A few guffaw and snidely remark, "We  have used that same hand sanitizer for years.  Don't try to tell us it smells strange."
A few deride the patient by saying, "Why are you hanging around here? If you don't like the smell of the sanitizer, then leave the lobby."
One man considered squirting some sanitizer on the former patient, but settled for reaching over and tearing off a piece of scarred flesh....just to see the reaction.

For heaven's sake, people, you would never treat a physically scarred person in such a manner.  When you realize you have disturbed someone's inner scars, be respectful, validate that their reactions are due to a tragic event, acknowledge that you unintentionally offended them and endeavor to apply a healing balm with encouraging words.    Be humane. 

FSSL said:
aleshanee said:
.... i would be happy if you locked all the threads on it and deleted them now......

PY doesn't like it when I lock them down or delete them.

Should I ignore him?

no..... if other people want to leave it open then leave it....... it;s not going to hurt me either way...... not at this point... .... i was just thinking of the effect it has on others here....

but there is actually a bright side to all this.... which i mentioned to someone else in pm........ ... i am actually very happy that nobody else here was familiar with the true and complete origin of that joke as i understood it...... at the very least it indicates to me that when they were younger they did not spend time at the kinds of establishments i mentioned.....  were not exposed to same kind of people i was through their own relatives or other friends....  or if they were then they kept of the kind of personal testimony that prevented people who knew about all that from bringing it up in their presence..... ......

that;s not to say anyone who already knew about that joke did anything wrong to warrant being exposed to it when they were younger... ..... i know other very strong christians who have maintained christian testimonies since they were children who also knew about it.....  sometimes it just depends on where you are at any given time or who you are exposed to...however briefly.....  some people will tell anybody anything without regard for who they are or what their testimony is...... and you can;t hold someone accountable for who someones  family is.... or was...

all i am saying is i see reason to be happy that at least some people ..... a good many it seems.... never experienced any part of the world i grew up immersed in.... ... i certainly don;t hold anything against them for that........ i wish i could have been the same...... ....  i just hope they won;t hold things against me that occasionally manifests itself from that world .... .. old wounds that never healed sometimes bleed..... .....  not asking for anyone to try and fix in me what is broken..... but don;t want them taking a hammer to me either.... i do fight back.... it;s one of the few positive things i learned to do... and came away with from that time.... 

JrChurch said:
For heaven's sake, people, you would never treat a physically scarred person in such a manner.  When you realize you have disturbed someone's inner scars, be respectful, validate that their reactions are due to a tragic event, acknowledge that you unintentionally offended them and endeavor to apply a healing balm with encouraging words.    Be humane.

Taking offense at a perceived dirty joke (which was not meant as such) is nowhere near the moral equivalent of what you describe.

JrChurch said:
We are all in the lobby of a burn unit---just drinking a soda and chatting-- a scarred, former burn patient joins our conversation.  Someone pulls out hand sanitizer and applies it liberally on their hands.  The former patient is repulsed and says, "That odor reminds me of  the smell when I was writhing in agony and trying to escape the flames. " 

A few guffaw and snidely remark, "We  have used that same hand sanitizer for years.  Don't try to tell us it smells strange."
A few deride the patient by saying, "Why are you hanging around here? If you don't like the smell of the sanitizer, then leave the lobby."
One man considered squirting some sanitizer on the former patient, but settled for reaching over and tearing off a piece of scarred flesh....just to see the reaction.

Weak analogy.

If the person has to be there to get treated.....no choice.  I would respect the person's wishes

If the same person came up and sat with me on a park bench, and complained about the hand sanitizer.....I would tell that person they are free to move.  It was that person's choice to sit next to me on the park bench.

Folks CHOOSE to come to this forum, and they can choose to leave. 

Please all and you please none.

Ransom said:
JrChurch said:

Taking offense at a perceived dirty joke (which was not meant as such) is nowhere near the moral equivalent of what you describe.

on the contrary..... i think jrchurch said it perfectly...... ....what she said might not have matched anything you saw yourself doing.... but she certainly described what the last 2 days have felt like from my perspective very well....... ...

FreeToBeMe said:
Weak analogy.

If the person has to be there to get treated.....no choice.  I would respect the person's wishes

If the same person came up and sat with me on a park bench, and complained about the hand sanitizer.....I would tell that person they are free to move.  It was that person's choice to sit next to me on the park bench.

Folks CHOOSE to come to this forum, and they can choose to leave. 

Please all and you please none.

you are just mad coz i grabbed that proverbial hand sanitizer a couple of people were trying to squirt me with and squirted it back in their eye....... ...... you know mr free to be yourself.... you can be free to pack up and leave this forum any time you want to as well......  .... but i;m not going anywhere...... if you don;t like it that;s too bad........

you have done a lot of complaining here lately criticizing a lot of different people coz things don;t go the way you want then to..... ..  maybe you should apply for the moderator job so you can finally make yourself happy.....  .... but you better check with them first.... it doesn;t seem to be working out that way for them so far...... .

and while you are at it check the stats too...... my time online is not accurate coz my computer stays logged in all the time..... but i have been a part of the various fff forums since 2004....and on this forum alone i know i have deleted more posts than you have ever made......... i also lead the board in both karmas received and karmas given to others....... so i think i earned my right to be here if anybody can ...... i also think many others here would agree.......... when did you start being a part of the fff?..... is freetobeme your real name or an anonymous moniker?....... aleshanee is my real middle name and plenty of people here know the rest of it too...... .. you are nothing but an anonymous troll trying to get a rise of people you don;t even know.... ....if anybody should choose to leave......maybe it should be you..... ..... ..... 

FSSL said:
aleshanee said:
... are you getting your daily dose of jollies from this newest pot you stirred up?

Actually... PY stirred the pot in your direction. He still doesn't understand your offense, but is still coming to your defense.

Get a grip. She's made it very clear. I agree with her that the post in question can be taken exactly as she has described it to me. You don't everything about our conversation. Unless.....

... Rogue, behind the scenes, gave a briefer as to all of the potential sexual meanings and implications. [finished your sentence]

Even Aleshanee says that the supposed punchline was not delivered in the post. Without it, it was as innocuous as sliced bread.

FSSL said:
... Rogue, behind the scenes, gave a briefer as to all of the potential sexual meanings and implications. [finished your sentence]

Even Aleshanee says that the supposed punchline was not delivered in the post. Without it, it was as innocuous as sliced bread.

No. That's not it...

Unless your reading PMs.... you have no idea what she said to me.

I never said it couldn't have been taken some other way. You're the one refusing to admit it can be taken the way we took it....

I tell you want you need to be doing instead of wasting your time treating the forum members like crap....You need to be spending time on fixing some of the forum issues. You're making enough money off of it to do a little maintenance from time to time. You went months without even upgrading the forum to protect the forum content.

Without the forum members.... you wouldn't be earning much of anything.

JrChurch said:

You are a kind, gracious Christian lady, and often a voice of reason here.
But, I respectfully disagree with your analogy...the fff is hardly the lobby of the burn unit. If it were, your point would be valid.
And, I don't think disagreeing with Alesh constitutes mistreating her.

FSSL said:

You are a greedy capitalist, getting wealthy off the backs of us poor schmucks on the fff. I know it's true, I read it on the Internet.  ;)

praise_yeshua said:
I never said it couldn't have been taken some other way. You're the one refusing to admit it can be taken the way we took it....

Anything can be taken with sexual perversion in mind. I am not given to those proclivities.

I tell you want you need to be doing instead of wasting your time treating the forum members like crap....You need to be spending time on fixing some of the forum issues. You're making enough money off of it to do a little maintenance from time to time. You went months without even upgrading the forum to protect the forum content.

HeDied4U was mistreated. Aleshanee thas no grounds. She treated him with contempt even after he gave an unnecessary, yet reasonable explanation. I had to lock her down for the unnecessary tirades.

You are quite the exhibitionist. The forum is safe and upgraded. It has been that way for awhile. My server even got hacked by ISIS and the FFF remained untouched.

Tarheel Baptist said:
You are a greedy capitalist, getting wealthy off the backs of us poor schmucks on the fff. I know it's true, I read it on the Internet.  ;)

Just don't click on the underwear ads! Those are worth $1.50 a click! I made tons on Rogue's threads!

Lol... Jk

FSSL said:
praise_yeshua said:

Anything can be taken with sexual perversion in mind. I am not given to those proclivities.

HeDied4U was mistreated. Aleshanee thas no grounds. She treated him with contempt even after he gave an unnecessary, yet reasonable explanation. I had to lock her down for the unnecessary tirades.

You are quite the exhibitionist. The forum is safe and upgraded. It has been that way for awhile. My server even got hacked by ISIS and the FFF remained untouched.

you are really a sick piece of work..... every bit the slimeball i referred to you as earlier....... 

but it;s funny you should mention rogue.....  a few weeks ago he posted a picture of a t-shirt with a slogan on it..... to people not aware of what that slogan meant it too was as innocuous as sliced bread...... ..... but when i explained to rogue the meaning of that phrase on the t-shirt..... and added that young people familiar with urban slang and street lingo would see it and know exactly what was being said he deleted that picture immediately...... and apologized for posting it...... 

you obviously don;t care whether something bothers me here or not..... as long as it doest bother you..... .. and you have made that very clear in the past couple of days...... you have even taken it further trying to make me into the bad one for pointing out something i found offensive and bringing it to the forums attention after you ignored it..... ...... and now your sycophants on the forum have followed your lead trying to paint me as the one in the wrong as well.. ... one even suggested i leave the forum....

but the person who originally posted that joke...hedied4u?....  has deleted it ..... and in doing so both he and rogue showed a lot more class and christian character than you and your cronies here have........ 

when you locked one of those other threads you said i couldn;t be reasoned with here.....  what you meant was that i can;t be bullied or cowed into submission... and i can;t be...  when i know i;m right.... .. you are the one who admits he is unfamiliar with the origin of that joke and is refusing to listen to reason..... in your opinion it sounds cute and innocuous...... and to you, your opinion is all that matters...... ...... 

Tarheel Baptist said:
FSSL said:

I realize you don't know this.... But there are plenty of reputable sites that estimate ad revenue from any website. They are very accurate. I know what I'm talking about. In fact, I'd say he's getting enough ad revenue he's pretty much paying for whatever hosting he's using for everything he's got.

You should leave the forum. Your continued rantings over an innocuous post are tiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.