Just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tarheel Baptist said:
JrChurch said:
We are all in the lobby of a burn unit---just drinking a soda and chatting-- a scarred, former burn patient joins our conversation.  Someone pulls out hand sanitizer and applies it liberally on their hands.  The former patient is repulsed and says, "That odor reminds me of  the smell when I was writhing in agony and trying to escape the flames. " 

A few guffaw and snidely remark, "We  have used that same hand sanitizer for years.  Don't try to tell us it smells strange."
A few deride the patient by saying, "Why are you hanging around here? If you don't like the smell of the sanitizer, then leave the lobby."
One man considered squirting some sanitizer on the former patient, but settled for reaching over and tearing off a piece of scarred flesh....just to see the reaction.

For heaven's sake, people, you would never treat a physically scarred person in such a manner.  When you realize you have disturbed someone's inner scars, be respectful, validate that their reactions are due to a tragic event, acknowledge that you unintentionally offended them and endeavor to apply a healing balm with encouraging words.    Be humane.

You are a kind, gracious Christian lady, and often a voice of reason here.
But, I respectfully disagree with your analogy...the fff is hardly the lobby of the burn unit. If it were, your point would be valid.
And, I don't think disagreeing with Alesh constitutes mistreating her.

She was censored.... She was targeted.....Does that mean anything to you? It's more than just disagreeing.

Tarheel Baptist said:
JrChurch said:
We are all in the lobby of a burn unit---just drinking a soda and chatting-- a scarred, former burn patient joins our conversation.  Someone pulls out hand sanitizer and applies it liberally on their hands.  The former patient is repulsed and says, "That odor reminds me of  the smell when I was writhing in agony and trying to escape the flames. " 

A few guffaw and snidely remark, "We  have used that same hand sanitizer for years.  Don't try to tell us it smells strange."
A few deride the patient by saying, "Why are you hanging around here? If you don't like the smell of the sanitizer, then leave the lobby."
One man considered squirting some sanitizer on the former patient, but settled for reaching over and tearing off a piece of scarred flesh....just to see the reaction.

For heaven's sake, people, you would never treat a physically scarred person in such a manner.  When you realize you have disturbed someone's inner scars, be respectful, validate that their reactions are due to a tragic event, acknowledge that you unintentionally offended them and endeavor to apply a healing balm with encouraging words.    Be humane.

You are a kind, gracious Christian lady, and often a voice of reason here.
But, I respectfully disagree with your analogy...the fff is hardly the lobby of the burn unit. If it were, your point would be valid.
And, I don't think disagreeing with Alesh constitutes mistreating her.

it was more than simple disagreement..... he said i was imagining the whole thing about the origin of that joke and also called me the pervert for bringing to the forums attention after he ignored it........ ..... but then i wouldn;t expect a slimeball like you who continued to post things to me in a pm after told you i found it offensive to have any problem with what some other slimeball does or thinks........

FSSL said:
praise_yeshua said:
I never said it couldn't have been taken some other way. You're the one refusing to admit it can be taken the way we took it....

Anything can be taken with sexual perversion in mind. I am not given to those proclivities.

I tell you want you need to be doing instead of wasting your time treating the forum members like crap....You need to be spending time on fixing some of the forum issues. You're making enough money off of it to do a little maintenance from time to time. You went months without even upgrading the forum to protect the forum content.

HeDied4U was mistreated. Aleshanee thas no grounds. She treated him with contempt even after he gave an unnecessary, yet reasonable explanation. I had to lock her down for the unnecessary tirades.

You are quite the exhibitionist. The forum is safe and upgraded. It has been that way for awhile. My server even got hacked by ISIS and the FFF remained untouched.

You just weren't target. There's as BIG difference. You've been slack. You know you have.

There has never been a history on the FFF of people being locked down for going on a "tirade". Not saying she did. You're pulling things out your behind...

praise_yeshua said:
I realize you don't know this.... But there are plenty of reputable sites that estimate ad revenue from any website. They are very accurate. I know what I'm talking about. In fact, I'd say he's getting enough ad revenue he's pretty much paying for whatever hosting he's using for everything he's got.

So... How much do I make a month off this forum?

That joke was being told by the bus kids in my SS class in the 80s and 90s, but they were laughing at the meaning, it was as aleshanee said. The HS guys were a bit more graphic.

Somehow it doesn't surprise me that some focused on the fictitious location (a burn unit lobby) instead of on the real analogy between a  physically burned, scarred person and a person who bears the vicious scars of cruel childhood abuse.

bgwilkinson said:
That joke was being told by the bus kids in my SS class in the 80s and 90s, but they were laughing at the meaning, it was as aleshanee said. The HS guys were a bit more graphic.

You must be mistaken.....FSSL has spoken. None can say any different.

FSSL said:
praise_yeshua said:
I realize you don't know this.... But there are plenty of reputable sites that estimate ad revenue from any website. They are very accurate. I know what I'm talking about. In fact, I'd say he's getting enough ad revenue he's pretty much paying for whatever hosting he's using for everything he's got.

So... How much do I make a month off this forum?

It doesn't matter what I say. You'll say its different.

I've already made several claims..... deal with them.

Not trusting your reputable websites?

I made $46 last month. I pay nearly $275 a month for my server.

Controversy averted (probably not).

praise_yeshua said:
bgwilkinson said:

You must be mistaken.....FSSL has spoken. None can say any different.

It takes perv, immature kids to get that meaning. It certainly is not a common meaning. I searched for it and the so called punchline. I didn't find a thing. It is an innocuous old paranomasia.

In Alshanees case, she said it requires a punchline that was never provided by HeDied4u

praise_yeshua said:
FSSL said:
You should leave the forum. Your continued rantings over an innocuous post are tiring.

Who are you asking to leave?

I am making a suggestion. Those who continue to rant over innocuous posts.

We had a very good week without all of this going on. I am going to get us back there.

Any other last words? I think this has gone on long enough.

FSSL said:
praise_yeshua said:
FSSL said:
You should leave the forum. Your continued rantings over an innocuous post are tiring.

Who are you asking to leave?

I am making a suggestion. Those who continue to rant over innocuous posts.

We had a very good week without all of this going on. I am going to get us back there.

i was done with this last night after you locked the threads....... including the one you started yourself to troll rogue tomato.... .  but then your buddy with a penchant for trolling brought it back up and you helped him run with it........ even after telling me last night that restarting an issue from a locked thread was spamming and a violation of the rules.......

you wanna know what made the don elbourne forum and even andrews forum in the early years so successful?........ they never took an active part and posted as an admin....... if they were there they were anonymous like everybody else and nobody knew who they were........ ..... . no intimidation tactics...... no posting as the admin with the air of authority and final word.... .. and no trolling of posters they didn;t like for responses they could crack down on...... .......

but apparently your pride won;t let you do that here..... ....you have to know that everybody else knows you are the admin - and therefor your opinions should weigh more...... not just another poster on the forum but like the voice of god....  ....... and your forum has suffered as a result......

praise yeshua was right...... you are power drunk here....... and for what?....... because you are the admin of an obscure internet forum with a little more than 300 members?....... ......  makes me wonder what you would do if you ever had any real authority........ or if you actually pastored a church instead of traveling back and forth doing maintenance work for them.........

go ahead..... ban me of you want to........ i;m getting as tired of this as you are....... 

All of those kind things you have expressed to me over the past two days... Yet, you have not been and are not being banned.

I think I am overly reasonable. Perhaps drunk, but power drunk?

Sometimes people need to take a temporary break when they get all bent out of shape. I leave it to their discretion.

Status
Not open for further replies.