less than 25 students and...

Could it be an attempt to bring their campus to the modern age in order to actually compete with other schools and maybe lure a few students back their way?

JustABigKid said:
Could it be an attempt to bring their campus to the modern age in order to actually compete with other schools and maybe lure a few students back their way?

ummmm could be that.  But in the late 1990's they said exactly that and they built the "Mens Dorm" (the last building they built). They had over 200 students at that time.  That building still is not even close to bein paid for yet and they have dropped down to less than 25 students currently.

Sounds like a good time to build another building.

Just me said:
JustABigKid said:

ummmm could be that.  But in the late 1990's they said exactly that and they built the "Mens Dorm" (the last building they built). They had over 200 students at that time.  That building still is not even close to bein paid for yet and they have dropped down to less than 25 students currently.

I hear that this building now holds both the guys and the girls and that the old girls dorm was renovated into apartments that are rented out to single ladies of the church. Also I understand the chapel was renovated before the beginning of this last school year. This is why I assume what I assumed.

JustABigKid said:
Just me said:
JustABigKid said:

I hear that this building now holds both the guys and the girls and that the old girls dorm was renovated into apartments that are rented out to single ladies of the church. Also I understand the chapel was renovated before the beginning of this last school year. This is why I assume what I assumed.

You do have correct hearing.    As for your assumption.  Maybe so. 

I once head from the former Dean and now Executive VP of the college that you should build a new building every 10 to 15 years in a ministry to give the appearance of growth.  Said Dean was then asked the question, "what if the ministry can't afford to build?"  Said Dean answered with , "you should build a new building every 10 to 15 years in a ministry to give the appearance of growth."  He then moved on to the next topic while several of us just looked at him with, "huh?" looks on our faces.

Just me said:
JustABigKid said:
Just me said:
JustABigKid said:

I once head from the former Dean and now Executive VP of the college that you should build a new building every 10 to 15 years in a ministry to give the appearance of growth.  Said Dean was then asked the question, "what if the ministry can't afford to build?"  Said Dean answered with , "you should build a new building every 10 to 15 years in a ministry to give the appearance of growth."  He then moved on to the next topic while several of us just looked at him with, "huh?" looks on our faces.

Wow that just doesnt even make sense. If you cant afford it what good is it gonna do??? I believe that there are things you should do that could induce growth but to do to just so people think that things are good is just crazy. Don't get me wrong I do stupid stuff to get myself into financial binds but usually it means eating out to often or buying an electronic gadget I dont really need but nothing like buying a new house every couple years or a new car just so people will think I am doing well.

JustABigKid said:
Just me said:
JustABigKid said:
Just me said:
JustABigKid said:

Wow that just doesnt even make sense. If you cant afford it what good is it gonna do??? I believe that there are things you should do that could induce growth but to do to just so people think that things are good is just crazy. Don't get me wrong I do stupid stuff to get myself into financial binds but usually it means eating out to often or buying an electronic gadget I dont really need but nothing like buying a new house every couple years or a new car just so people will think I am doing well.

Fiscal responsibility is not a characteristic of an extreme IFBX mentality ministry and OBC is just that.  But, just like in real life, one day you have to pay the bill in one way or another.  Adding another building to the debt that place is under is financial suicide.  Pay day is coming.

Just me said:
Pay day is coming.

Yes. Banks are not interested in sentimentality. Pillsbury Baptist Bible College borrowed $1.8 million, closed its doors anyways and was eventually foreclosed upon.

History repeats itself and IFBrs are not historians.

[quote author=FSSL]History repeats itself and IFBrs are not historians.[/quote]

Sure they are. Haven't you read Trail of Blood?

FSSL said:
Just me said:
Pay day is coming.

Yes. Banks are not interested in sentimentality. Pillsbury Baptist Bible College borrowed $1.8 million, closed its doors anyways and was eventually foreclosed upon.

History repeats itself and IFBrs are not historians.

It is funny because they claim to be historians and scourge churches who are financially irresponsible but yet I see over and over how they are.........

wait for it

waiting for it

not practicing what they preach!!    :eek: :eek:

rsc2a said:
[quote author=FSSL]History repeats itself and IFBrs are not historians.

Sure they are. Haven't you read Trail of Blood?
[/quote]

opps, my bad!  Takes them right on back to Jesus himself.

But not thru the Catholic church, of course. ::) ::)

lol

Jehanne La Pucelle said:
JustABigKid said:
Jehanne La Pucelle said:
Just me said:
building a new library/multipurpose building?

http://oklahomabaptistcollege.com/library-project/

It's the IFBx way
You look foolish.

Everything will be completely paid for, debt free.

Just thought you might like to know.

God Bless ~
How?

Cold cash.

So did someone die and leave alot of the money to the church or did someone rob a bank?

I mean cold cash doesnt just grow on trees.
Not trying to be rude to you but you really should clarify your statement.

I am sure that it will be a blessing to those that use it, but my question still remains how will it be paid for in cold cash?

I am all for not going into debt. But to simply say its gonna be paid for could cause someone to be suspicious as to where the funds are coming from? Is there expected large influx of students that no one would expect? Something else being sold to cover? Surely there is a simple yet honest answer to the how?

Interesting

Would love to know once you are "at liberty" to say

Jehanne La Pucelle said:
Jehanne La Pucelle said:
Just me said:
Please correct me then.
No.

But I will say, your two figures are wrong.

The figure is higher and that is all I will say about it

Of course it is, in your world.  I will stand by what I said.  Oh yeah and graduation is coming up quickly.  I suppose 7 is a low number also, no?

Jehanne La Pucelle said:
JustABigKid said:
The old girls dorm was renovated into apartments that are rented out to single ladies of the church. Also I understand the chapel was renovated before the beginning of this last school year. This is why I assume what I assumed.

The first is sold and everything was applied to the mortgage the second, paid for in cash.

So the girls dorm sold and the funds were applied to the mortgage?  Well they were asking $150K for the girls dorm.  Lets be nice and say they got what they were asking although it is known the higest offer in years was $125K but we will be kind.  Take $150K and apply it to an over 3 Million mortgage and you are left with an over $3 million morgage.  Which is what it was at back after the dorm was built 15 years ago.

So hey lets build another building since we have not paid for the last one in over 15 years and our attendence in the college is less than 10% of what it was when the dorm was built. 

But the new building, just like the dorm, will "bring in more students". 

Right. 

If we build it they will come