Living right to get something from God....????

• Thread starter christundivided
  • Start date
[quote author=The Rogue Tomato]For what it's worth, bargaining with God and attempting to get a blessing by "living right" are two different things.  There are biblical examples of bargaining with God.  I'm not sure how that works, since God knows and plans everything according to his own will, but the examples are there.  [/quote]

I tried to get Him to give me a deal on a new tiller, but He wasn't interested with my offer.

We live right because of who we are in Christ, not to gain merit from Him.  Other than to love God, what can we do to please Him?  And in loving Him we live right. 

We tend to get that whole process mixed up, imo. 

rsc2a said:
[quote author=The Rogue Tomato]For what it's worth, bargaining with God and attempting to get a blessing by "living right" are two different things.  There are biblical examples of bargaining with God.  I'm not sure how that works, since God knows and plans everything according to his own will, but the examples are there. 

I tried to get Him to give me a deal on a new tiller, but He wasn't interested with my offer.
[/quote]

You just need to live a little "righter."

rsc2a said:
[quote author=The Rogue Tomato]For what it's worth, bargaining with God and attempting to get a blessing by "living right" are two different things.  There are biblical examples of bargaining with God.  I'm not sure how that works, since God knows and plans everything according to his own will, but the examples are there. 

[/quote]

Janis Joplin - Mercedes Benz with lyrics

If living right gets things from God then why does it seem that even the dearest of saints here on earth still suffer? The humblest of men still struggle. The purest of women still get sick and die.

Marji said:
We live right because of who we are in Christ, not to gain merit from Him.  Other than to love God, what can we do to please Him?  And in loving Him we live right. 

We tend to get that whole process mixed up, imo.

W-E-E-E-E-E-L-L-L-L, for starters, you can wear nylons at all times - Bless God!  You can honor your pre-e-e-e-acher a whole lot more and you can stop paying your electric bill so that God's chosen people (the bus kids), can go to a Christian school <pounding the class ring on the bus roof>!  8)