Missing In Action -- or -- Left Behind, The FFF Board Game

JrChurch said:
I can't remember what name she used on the old FFF, but on the Friendly Forum she was Tina.  Miss that girl.

Ahh-yayheahh.  That would be PreachersWife.  And do miss her.  Another one that would often make the haters gnash their teeth.

I've got to contact her.. her husband is pastoring in Indiana

PappaBear said:
Sherryh said:
Smelling let her know we were talking about her love and hugs to this dear lady....
Same here, please.  Ya think that if we got an old egg flipper, spray painted it gold, and put some sealant on it, we could send it to her as a memento?  To let her know we remembered her fondly?  Would it bring a smile, or depress her, or -- nothing, ya think?

Anyway, blessings to them both.

I think she would enjoy that. PM me and I can send you my snail mail and make sure she gets it. :)

PappaBear said:
Say it isn't so!  I decided to take the high road and not list those I didn't miss  8)  Yes, there are a few on there.  Now I'm hearing that girl's line from the movie "White Christmas" -- Mutual, I'm sure.

I always got a kick out of how often people mistakenly assumed they were married because of their last names being the same. :D

Chad definitely was going a different direction than his fundamentalist roots when he disappeared, but he could at least put together a coherent argument that was worth addressing.  So many on this forum now just want to start right into ad hominem so quickly.

PappaBear said:
I remember Treasure.  Didn't he go off to Bible College or something?  I do recall he had very good posts.  Hope he is doing well.

Last I heard a couple of years ago he had graduated from Crown and was assistant pastor somewhere down in Florida.  He was always firm in his position, but disagreed with the non-fundys in a very reasonable and kind way.  That is how he was when I met him in person too, very considerate and gentlemanly.

Johnny Mac's right hand man, Hugh Jass (Phil Johnson), sure did take a change of direction from such shenanigans as the FFF!

And how bout Aura.  I remember her kindness, and her Biscotti. :D

You would be proud to know Aura is a nurse and her and the kids are well... I want to say she has been here

Didn't she begin posting as Audrey?  I remember supersurfer, as well.

Unfortunately, never tasted the biscotti.  :(

Speaking of nurses, there was a KidRN, or CathyRN .. I seem to remember some posts from.

Do any of you remember wilshine?  Wasn't that some other regular poster's wife?

Phil had several names that he posted under at different times.  Was buckwheat one of them?  There was one he used to debate with, I cannot remember it right now.  It may come back to me, later.  I had saved a thread between him and another poster (pastor ----- -------- ?) on wine (oinos) on my hard drive that I referred back to for years.  Alas, it disappeared when that hard drive went.

Y'all remember FundamentalDan?  Whatever became of him?

Omar Gosh ... that was the name Phil used at that time.  I knew it would come back to me.  The other guy was ... Pastor Dan Parton?  Something like that.

Chicago Dan

Anishinabe

PappaBear said:
Phil had several names that he posted under at different times.  Was buckwheat one of them?  There was one he used to debate with, I cannot remember it right now.  It may come back to me, later.  I had saved a thread between him and another poster (pastor ----- -------- ?) on wine (oinos) on my hard drive that I referred back to for years.  Alas, it disappeared when that hard drive went.

I doubt that Phil was buckwheat, as buckwheat (at least his persona) was ardently anti-Calvnist in many of his posts, and Phil (being Johnny Mac's right hand man) was decidedly Calvinist.

PappaBear said:
Y'all remember FundamentalDan?  Whatever became of him?.... The other guy was ... Pastor Dan Parton?  Something like that

That was two different people.  Pastor Dan was a good guy, but older than FundamentalDan.  FundamentalDan was a young student just out of Oklahoma Baptist College who actually stayed in my home while singing with their tour group Sons of the Prophets.  He essentially left the IFB(x) fold shortly after graduation.  I know his name, but won't reveal it here for sake of his privacy. 

I sorta figured YOU for buckwheat. :D

Audrey is not aura...fundamental Dan married and probably on the mission field some where. super surfer I prayed for many times..hopefully they still lurk

I'm getting lots of email and my phone will not open messages..... maybe pm on the forum..thanks

ALAYMAN said:
I doubt that Phil was buckwheat, as buckwheat (at least his persona) was ardently anti-Calvnist in many of his posts, and Phil (being Johnny Mac's right hand man) was decidedly Calvinist.

Yes, but Phil likes to play devil's advocate, and often uses his sock puppets to caricature those he disagree with.  It was the online board's practical application of the "straw man" argument.  Phil used it well, but BASS took it and perfected it.  I didn't realize how much of that was going on when I first arrived at the old FFF in 99.  But for a short time, you used to be able to see the IP#'s, and I happened to notice a few of the "different posters" [i.e. posers] on a major thread were from the same IP!  That is when I was clued in to the practice of "piling on" by creating various socks to give some the impression of a majority opinion.

ALAYMAN said:
PappaBear said:
Y'all remember FundamentalDan?  Whatever became of him?.... The other guy was ... Pastor Dan Parton?  Something like that

That was two different people.  Pastor Dan was a good guy, but older than FundamentalDan.  FundamentalDan was a young student just out of Oklahoma Baptist College who actually stayed in my home while singing with their tour group Sons of the Prophets. 
I knew they were different people.  Dan is a common name like Bob.  There were so many Bob's on the various forums that sometimes it was hard when one posted to remember if it was someone you liked or didn't!  The results could be hilarious.  Whatever Pastor Parton's age was, I don't know.  But he was definitely an old soul and very studious.  FD was an obvious youngster, and much more gregarious, as I recall.

ALAYMAN said:
I sorta figured YOU for buckwheat. :D

Uuhhhh, no.  I had a thing about hating sock puppets, and it would have been hypocritical of me to do it.  Besides, if I ever had done such a thing, I believe Don would have gladly used it as an excuse to bounce me (again) from the FFF, or would have exposed it.  However, I did enjoy buckwheat.  No doubt though, he had to have been a sock.  Maybe another of Ryan's?

Pastor Dan parton was in college with me. He is a good pastor and friend.

Sherryh said:
Audrey is not aura...fundamental Dan married and probably on the mission field some where. super surfer I prayed for many times..hopefully they still lurk
Something about Audrey makes her stick out in my mind for some reason.  I probably just crossed the two names in the weird wiring of my one-time brain.  :)  Didn't Audrey used to help Elizabeth out sometimes with the Post of the Day?  She had to have posted a lot at one time, or I wouldn't remember the name.

I have thought of supersurfer and prayed for him many times.  I never knew (probably don't want to know) what the end result was, but he was going down a bad path when I took a years long break from it all and lost track.

God bless you, Sherry.  I am very glad you are not on the "missing" list!  You are a good friend.  Now, how do you want to set up this "Golden Flipper" award for us to send to Wang?  All I have now is a raw idea, need to develop it some.

Sherryh said:
No doubt about that.  I was deeply saddened to see him go from the original FFF, and marked many of his posts for later use.  I did repost a lot of his stuff.

If you ever hear from him, Sherry, tell him to come over here and post some of his material about oinos and shekar so some of these Next Gen posters can stagger around it a bit.  8)

PappaBear said:
Yes, but Phil likes to play devil's advocate, and often uses his sock puppets to caricature those he disagree with.  It was the online board's practical application of the "straw man" argument.  Phil used it well, but BASS took it and perfected it.  I didn't realize how much of that was going on when I first arrived at the old FFF in 99.  But for a short time, you used to be able to see the IP#'s, and I happened to notice a few of the "different posters" [i.e. posers] on a major thread were from the same IP!  That is when I was clued in to the practice of "piling on" by creating various socks to give some the impression of a majority opinion....

Uuhhhh, no.  I had a thing about hating sock puppets, and it would have been hypocritical of me to do it.  Besides, if I ever had done such a thing, I believe Don would have gladly used it as an excuse to bounce me (again) from the FFF, or would have exposed it.  However, I did enjoy buckwheat.  No doubt though, he had to have been a sock.  Maybe another of Ryan's?

Yes, I for the most part detest the use of sock-puppets.  Phil Armenick and those that were properly done were good, but the deceit that is often involved is wrong IMHO.  As I remember buckwheat, he didn't fit the mold of a parody, but rather a genuine Calvinut-hunter, though my memory is bad and you could be right about him.  He definitely wrote skillfully and theologically adept, which suits Ryan's abilities.

PappaBear said:
Sherryh said:
No doubt about that.  I was deeply saddened to see him go from the original FFF, and marked many of his posts for later use.  I did repost a lot of his stuff.

If you ever hear from him, Sherry, tell him to come over here and post some of his material about oinos and shekar so some of these Next Gen posters can stagger around it a bit.  8)

Speaking of pastors that I'm saddened that hasn't appeared here for years, Brooks Monk sure could add substance to the conversation, but I can't remember what moniker
he posted under.

ALAYMAN said:
He definitely wrote skillfully and theologically adept, which suits Ryan's abilities.
Ryan was usually not forthcoming about his socks.  He liked to keep you guessing.  He relished the idea of creating a sock that no one would ever guess 1) that it was a sock, or 2) that it was his sock.  Not for deceitful reasons, just for the fun of it.  And I think he probably accomplished it.  I do not doubt there were a couple of posters at the old FFF that were from Ryan's hand, but never identified as such.  He has a good sense of humor. 

deertracks
foundationrepair
Maximus
James Conolly ... (that doesn't look right)