More junk from the Left coast. Get your kids out of there before it's too late.

bgwilkinson said:
Twisted said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Twisted said:
bgwilkinson said:
If you have children in these places you might not find out about the assault until ten years after the fact.

Get them out now, don't risk it.

That's right.

Remove your children from church.  Any church.  Any denomination.

Don't let them visit with grandparents.  Don't let them attend VBS.

Evil lurks in churches.  Keep them out!

It evidently lurks in some type churches more than in other type churches...maybe certain camps would be the proper term. And they certainly know how to shuck, jive and dodge when it hits the fan.

I would agree to an extent.

Of course, my reply to BG was pure sarcasm as he obviously thought this all took place at Golden State.

To say it doesn't happen in Methodist or Episcopal, etc. churches would be naive.  We wouldn't necessarily hear of it as we don't run in those circles.

To be safe, let's start attending the church that doesn't even allow their ministers to have sex.  They have rules against it.

Are you not familiar with the stuff that has been going on at Golden State and West Coast in the last 20 yrs? We are talking in decades.

I posted the shucking and jiving by both institutions to remove any doubt. I left evidence for you to find.

When you look at the video from the 90s make sure you see Jack Trieber hiding up there on stage with the perps.

Your OP was specifically about the event with the woman and former prez of GSBC.

In fact, you stated then:  "Get your kids out of their clutches before it's too late."

Who's "clutches"?  The local church?  You were confused even then.

Yes, we all know there is sexual trouble at Christian colleges.  All of them.  Send them to State-run colleges.  No problems there.

qwerty said:
bgwilkinson said:
Get your kids out of their clutches before it's too late.

These places are dens of iniquity and they don't want to admit it.

Mass resignations would be in order, just like what occurred at the Vatican this week.

It has been the general practice to cover these things up for the good of the ministry. How wicked.

The LORD is not pleased.

If you have children in these places you might not find out about the assault until ten years after the fact.

Interesting... now do FBCH and let us know how it goes with Lapina...

http://nvbc.org/archived-services.php

WED PM

WESLEY said:
qwerty said:
bgwilkinson said:

Mass resignations would be in order, just like what occurred at the Vatican this week.

It has been the general practice to cover these things up for the good of the ministry. How wicked.

The LORD is not pleased.

WED PM

Thanks for posting the link.

I find the subject of his message to be "timely".  I can also see how the announcement at the end would upset the victim.  Too bad they faded the audio and stopped before he was done.

Twisted said:
bgwilkinson said:
Twisted said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Twisted said:
bgwilkinson said:

That's right.

It evidently lurks in some type churches more than in other type churches...maybe certain camps would be the proper term. And they certainly know how to shuck, jive and dodge when it hits the fan.

Of course, my reply to BG was pure sarcasm as he obviously thought this all took place at Golden State.

To say it doesn't happen in Methodist or Episcopal, etc. churches would be naive.  We wouldn't necessarily hear of it as we don't run in those circles.

To be safe, let's start attending the church that doesn't even allow their ministers to have sex.  They have rules against it.

Are you not familiar with the stuff that has been going on at Golden State and West Coast in the last 20 yrs? We are talking in decades.

I posted the shucking and jiving by both institutions to remove any doubt. I left evidence for you to find.

When you look at the video from the 90s make sure you see Jack Trieber hiding up there on stage with the perps.

Your OP was specifically about the event with the woman and former prez of GSBC.

In fact, you stated then:  "Get your kids out of their clutches before it's too late."

Yes, we all know there is sexual trouble at Christian colleges.  All of them.  Send them to State-run colleges.  No problems there.

So, your point is that there is/has been no more immorality in IFB circles than in secular institutions?
That might be debatable, but if I cede your point, does that deserve an accolade?

If your point is that abuse is no more commonplace in IFB-dom than other Christian environments, then I say sure...if that makes you feel better as you whistle past the graveyard.

The Pastor from Maryland cites 3 separate instances of abuse in 3 separate IFB churches in 3 different states.
There is NO doubt but that Hammond nurtured a culture of abuse and coverup for decades.
No matter how you spin it, Golden State handled it terribly (at best) and tried to cover it up (at worst).

IFB-dom is filled with ?restored? pastors who have been immoral. Immorality is fine, as long as you don?t allow pants on women or use the NKJV. Those are considered serious transgressions....

Tarheel Baptist said:
Twisted said:
bgwilkinson said:
Twisted said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Twisted said:
bgwilkinson said:

That's right.

So, your point is that there is/has been no more immorality in IFB circles than in secular institutions?
That might be debatable, but if I cede your point, does that deserve an accolade?

If your point is that abuse is no more commonplace in IFB-dom than other Christian environments, then I say sure...if that makes you feel better as you whistle past the graveyard.

The Pastor from Maryland cites 3 separate instances of abuse in 3 separate IFB churches in 3 different states.
There is NO doubt but that Hammond nurtured a culture of abuse and coverup for decades.
No matter how you spin it, Golden State handled it terribly (at best) and tried to cover it up (at worst).

IFB-dom is filled with ?restored? pastors who have been immoral. Immorality is fine, as long as you don?t allow pants on women or use the NKJV. Those are considered serious transgressions....

Spin it however you want.  I couldn't care less.

My "point" is that BG took a local church problem and attached it to Golden State.  My "point" is that BG didn't know what he was talking about, or if he did, wanted to spread the blame around.

It would be an interesting study to see the sexual problems in all other denominations, but really, why waste the time?  The Catholics cover it up, The IFB'ers cover it up and I have no doubt that the others do as well.  #ustoo

Twisted said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Twisted said:
bgwilkinson said:
Twisted said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Twisted said:
bgwilkinson said:

That's right.

My "point" is that BG took a local church problem and attached it to Golden State.  My "point" is that BG didn't know what he was talking about, or if he did, wanted to spread the blame around.

It would be an interesting study to see the sexual problems in all other denominations, but really, why waste the time?  The Catholics cover it up, The IFB'ers cover it up and I have no doubt that the others do as well.  #ustoo
I can understand being careful about what you say for legal reasons or that you don't want to compromise the legal proceedings.
Something like, there has been an issue with Bro. So and So, we've had to dismiss him  or he has resigned.
There is an ongoing investigation and we aren't at liberty to divulge the information just yet.
A full disclosure is forthcoming, but for now, pray for all involved.
I can see that kind of response.
But, if what the pastor said was true, that people were gushing in support of Giovanelli, or whatever his name is,
That is shameful, especially if he resigned (which is just about an admission of guilt)

16KJV11 said:
I can understand being careful about what you say for legal reasons or that you don't want to compromise the legal proceedings.
Something like, there has been an issue with Bro. So and So, we've had to dismiss him  or he has resigned.
There is an ongoing investigation and we aren't at liberty to divulge the information just yet.
A full disclosure is forthcoming, but for now, pray for all involved.
I can see that kind of response.
But, if what the pastor said was true, that people were gushing in support of Giovanelli, or whatever his name is,
That is shameful, especially if he resigned (which is just about an admission of guilt)

Agreed.  It was mentioned that David Gibbs was involved, so yes, "legal speak" was used, both on Wednesday night and on their website.

If this goes to a Maryland grand jury, it should be interesting.

So I have a question of a situation that recently rose at an old church I attended...

A woman came out against the Pastor saying when they were both in high school they had sex. The Pastor admitted that he had sex/fornication with the woman when they were both in high school. However the Pastor refused to resign saying that he doesn't believe he is disqualified for something he did when he wasn't saved.

Is that the same case as this one?

TheRealJonStewart said:
So I have a question of a situation that recently rose at an old church I attended...

A woman came out against the Pastor saying when they were both in high school they had sex. The Pastor admitted that he had sex/fornication with the woman when they were both in high school. However the Pastor refused to resign saying that he doesn't believe he is disqualified for something he did when he wasn't saved.

No

Twisted said:
TheRealJonStewart said:

No

Should the Pastor resign?

TheRealJonStewart said:
Twisted said:
TheRealJonStewart said:

No

Should the Pastor resign?

IMO, no.

TheRealJonStewart said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ3W3RODcAY

Response from Faithful Word Baptist Church

I'm sure he has all of his facts straight.

TheRealJonStewart said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ3W3RODcAY

Response from Faithful Word Baptist Church

This clip has nothing to do with the former VP.  Just a general "rant".

This was "preached" (really??) in April.  the VP story just broke a week or so ago.

Do we want a Jack Schaap repeat? No.

The fixer from CLA will try to swoop down and resolve it all as he did at HAC.

There is no anointed one like some are saying with the David/Saul comparison. There are qualifications for a pastor and deacon, and if one does not meet those qualifications they get the boot.

The world needs to see a pure church. Otherwise, why visit? There should be a distinction between light and darkness in the world and especially in the churches.

This is not a local church issue as it is criminal and affects many churches. How can pastors and members be blind to the truth when we live in a culture where even Hollywood sees the problem and the churches do not?

TrustInTheOne said:
This is not a local church issue as it is criminal and affects many churches.

It happened in a local church, bro.

Twisted said:
TrustInTheOne said:
This is not a local church issue as it is criminal and affects many churches.

It happened in a local church, bro.

The suspect is not a member at the church anymore, thus it is not a local church issue, bro.

It is now a nationwide issue unless you believe NVBC and CBC are both one and the same.

WESLEY said:
qwerty said:
bgwilkinson said:

The LORD is not pleased.

WED PM

Somebody at NVBC is probably scratching his head trying to figure out why so many people want to watch last Wednesday's service....

Twisted said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Twisted said:
bgwilkinson said:
Twisted said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Twisted said:
bgwilkinson said:

That's right.

The problem certainly didn?t begin at Golden State but the Pastor in the video, who Pastors the church where the abuse took place, made it a Golden State issue by calling them our on their shuck and jive method of handling the issue.
At this point, it actually IS a Golden State issue.

And I cede the point that abuse and cover ups occur across the board. But IFB?s do seem to have more than their share.

I like and respect you and 16KJV11.
You are very balanced in your extreme positions... :D

Enter DH's number one fan.

No surprise about these two blog posts by Bob Gray Sr.

http://solvechurchproblems.com/blog/