Mrs. Hyles and the kids

patriotic said:
Least of These said:
This is not really on topic, but in case anyone is interested, Beverly Hyles started blogging a few weeks ago.  Monday with Beverly is at http://beverlyhyles.com.

I have enjoyed it each week since she started writing it.

Yes, and she is the only Southern Baptist whose articles appear on the Independent Baptist facebook page! Mrs. Hyles is a fine lady but these independents have had to kind of go through their former beliefs and do some housecleaning! ;)

Dave is "helping" her. Not an opinion - fact.

RAIDER said:
Least of These said:
I didn't notice anything but I'm pretty gullible!  :-[ Maybe I should pull out "Life as Viewed from the Fish Bowl" and compare writing styles.  I got the link from a niece who graduated from HAC and remains close to many people in the church & college. 

I will say that the timing seemed oddly coincidental - silent all this time, then blogging now when so much is going on.  Things that make you go "hmmmmmm".

Maybe it is her way of calmly voicing her opinion without voicing her opinion, if you know what I mean.

Norefund said:

RAIDER said:
Least of These said:
I didn't notice anything but I'm pretty gullible!  :-[ Maybe I should pull out "Life as Viewed from the Fish Bowl" and compare writing styles.  I got the link from a niece who graduated from HAC and remains close to many people in the church & college. 

I will say that the timing seemed oddly coincidental - silent all this time, then blogging now when so much is going on.  Things that make you go "hmmmmmm".

Maybe it is her way of calmly voicing her opinion without voicing her opinion, if you know what I mean.

What makes anyone think Mrs. Hyles (not Mrs Dave Hyles) has anything whatsoever to do with it?  Hmmmmm?

Norefund said:

RAIDER said:
Least of These said:

Scarey to think about he's Bob Gray's ghost writer also.............

Sherryh said:
Norefund said:

RAIDER said:
Least of These said:

I don't believe for a minute that Dave Hyles did any "ghost writting" in Gray's book.  If you have been around Gray, read his books, and heard his preaching, the book was vintage Gray.  The writing style was vintage Gray. 

RAIDER said:
Sherryh said:
Norefund said:

RAIDER said:
Least of These said:

I don't believe for a minute that Dave Hyles did any "ghost writting" in Gray's book.  If you have been around Gray, read his books, and heard his preaching, the book was vintage Gray.  The writing style was vintage Gray.
'Burp'  That wasn't a good * hic!* year.

Anishinabe

RAIDER said:
Sherryh said:
Norefund said:

RAIDER said:
Least of These said:

I agree. 

patriotic said:

It has taken me several years but I think I'm finally getting through to you.

RAIDER said:
prophet said:

Anishinabe

Who died?
Sorry  a lil tipsy from some cheap wine known as 'vintage gray'.

Anishinabe

prophet said:
RAIDER said:
prophet said:

Anishinabe

Who died?

Anishinabe

I don't even see you joking about drinking.............It's early I must be missing something........carry on

Sherryh said:
prophet said:
RAIDER said:
prophet said:

Anishinabe

Who died?

Anishinabe

I don't even see you joking about drinking.............It's early I must be missing something........carry on
I was mocking Raider's 'vintage' reference.  Wake up!  :))

Anishinabe

myeyesareopen said:
Does anyone else feel something about the 'voice' of that blog just doesn't ring true? I can't put my finger on it...

Mrs. Hyles always seemed to write the same way she spoke.  This seems very, very formal and I don't recall her speaking in a formal way.

For her sake, I hope that it is truly her.  Writing is cathartic in many, many ways, and Lord knows, she's needing something to take her mind off things about now.

Somebody mentioned timing:  maybe this is what she needed to do to be able to gather her jumbled thoughts nowadays.

Bob Gray's latest blog entry - (does he read this forum?) - states unequivocably that Mondays With Berverly is solely written by herself. Thankful THAT has been settled.  ;D

myeyesareopen said:
Bob Gray's latest blog entry - (does he read this forum?) - states unequivocably that Mondays With Berverly is solely written by herself. Thankful THAT has been settled.  ;D

Oh, yes, he reads the FFF.

And we believe Bob Gray Because..........?

myeyesareopen said:

Only heaven will reveal the far-reaching effects this little place of Hackerdom has on America, MEAO.  ;D

RAIDER said:
Oh, yes, he reads the FFF.

Bob Gray, you ought to join our group.  We have questions, and I'm sure you'd make an interesting addition here.