Mrs. Hyles and the kids

Sherryh said:
You always speak from the heart.............Thank you for sharing your life with us...............Survivor !!!

I've missed you, Sherry. :)

RAIDER said:
Evelyn said:
The only one I don't have is the "IFB, Where We Are Headed" one - I hadn't heard of that.  I do, however, possess a six-cassette set, in their original plastic book/box, of Jack Schaap's sermons, which includes "Polished Shaft."  My husband wanted to throw it away, but I explained that we could make money off of it to give alms to the poor.

Good to see you with us on the new FFF!!

It took me awhile to adjust to the change of a new place, you know, "old paths" and all.  :-D

Evelyn said:
RAIDER said:
Evelyn said:
The only one I don't have is the "IFB, Where We Are Headed" one - I hadn't heard of that.  I do, however, possess a six-cassette set, in their original plastic book/box, of Jack Schaap's sermons, which includes "Polished Shaft."  My husband wanted to throw it away, but I explained that we could make money off of it to give alms to the poor.

Good to see you with us on the new FFF!!

It took me awhile to adjust to the change of a new place, you know, "old paths" and all.  :-D

Let me be the first to welcome you by saying................You stinkin' Hacker!!!!

Evelyn said:
prophet said:
I want a copy of 'marriage is a commitment'. , How to rear (offspring), 'ifb where we are, headed' , and that pesky dating manual.  Seems I must have skipped a few chapters, in light of recent events.

Anishinabe

I hope you don't get arrested for possession...  :eek:

Anishinabe

Evelyn said:

Good to have you here, I always appreciate your posts and insights.

prophet said:
Evelyn said:
prophet said:
I want a copy of 'marriage is a commitment'. , How to rear (offspring), 'ifb where we are, headed' , and that pesky dating manual.  Seems I must have skipped a few chapters, in light of recent events.

Anishinabe

I hope you don't get arrested for possession...  :eek:

Anishinabe

Me, too!  Except I think they'd give me more time in jail for having "Divine Intimacy." lol

Evelyn said:

That is Gone's favorite sermon!  :)

RAIDER said:
Evelyn said:

That is Gone's favorite sermon!  :)
Good.  I am only asking $49.99.  But wait, there's more!  If he orders today, I will throw in a copy of "When Principle Was King" for only the cost of shipping and handling.  And if he orders within the next 30 minutes, we'll waive one of the payments, making it $39.99, plus shipping an handling.

Evelyn said:
Good.  I am only asking $49.99.  But wait, there's more!  If he orders today, I will throw in a copy of "When Principle Was King" for only the cost of shipping and handling.  And if he orders within the next 30 minutes, we'll waive one of the payments, making it $39.99, plus shipping an handling.

Would you consider tossing in an autographed copy of "Please Pardon My Poetry"?

RAIDER said:
Evelyn said:

. For the price of shipping and handling, sure.  Shipping doesn't cost very much you know, but the handling is crazy expensive. :)

Evelyn said:
RAIDER said:
Evelyn said:

. For the price of shipping and handling, sure.  Shipping doesn't cost very much you know,

Let's say that I could deliver to you a seat from one of the HAC buses from 1984 along with a certificate of authenticity.  I bet you are changing your tune now!!

RAIDER said:
Let's say that I could deliver to you a seat from one of the HAC buses from 1984 along with a certificate of authenticity.  I bet you are changing your tune now!!

Hmmmm... they were a lovely shade of green, if I recall correctly....

Evelyn said:
RAIDER said:

Hmmmm... they were a lovely shade of green, if I recall correctly....

If you act quickly I may be able to offer you a seat that was shared by Teri and CF from our vintage collection.  The Snicker stains are still on the seat.

Least of These said:
This is not really on topic, but in case anyone is interested, Beverly Hyles started blogging a few weeks ago.  Monday with Beverly is at http://beverlyhyles.com.

I have enjoyed it each week since she started writing it. 

Does anyone else feel something about the 'voice' of that blog just doesn't ring true? I can't put my finger on it...

myeyesareopen said:
Does anyone else feel something about the 'voice' of that blog just doesn't ring true? I can't put my finger on it...

Now what makes you say that. Hmmmm.

I didn't notice anything but I'm pretty gullible!  :-[ Maybe I should pull out "Life as Viewed from the Fish Bowl" and compare writing styles.  I got the link from a niece who graduated from HAC and remains close to many people in the church & college. 

I will say that the timing seemed oddly coincidental - silent all this time, then blogging now when so much is going on.  Things that make you go "hmmmmmm".

Least of These said:
I didn't notice anything but I'm pretty gullible!  :-[ Maybe I should pull out "Life as Viewed from the Fish Bowl" and compare writing styles.  I got the link from a niece who graduated from HAC and remains close to many people in the church & college. 

I will say that the timing seemed oddly coincidental - silent all this time, then blogging now when so much is going on.  Things that make you go "hmmmmmm".

Maybe it is her way of calmly voicing her opinion without voicing her opinion, if you know what I mean.