Mrs. Hyles and the kids

Just John said:
Yeah, the guys seems to be a quite the wack job.

He refers to Hyles as "the leader of the Indepentent Baptist movement in America". Now he no doubt had a big following but it's kind of an oxymoron to say the "independents" have a "leader". And if that is too much splitting hairs for some then there were multiple others who could also be considered "leaders" and still others in the IFB who had no love for Hyles or didn't know who he was. Saying Hyles is the  "the leader of the Indepentent Baptist movement in America" is like saying "Jesse Jackson is the leader of the black community in America".

And to infer that First Baptist Church of Dallas is "liberal" is laughable. This is the church of course where Criswell preached forever and Rice printed his sermons in the SOTL, Southern Baptist notwithstanding. This is the same church now pastored by Robert Jeffress who has had his share of public criticism and mockery for his conservative stances.

I realize it is human nature to badmouth an individual or an organization for which you do not care.  The problem some people have is taking something that may be factual and mixing in a bunch of foolishness.  IMO this is what Linda Hyles did.  It causes a person to lose credibility.

What no one considers though is what IFB church could she attend? At least there she can have some peace. Seems like most big IFB churches would've exploited the fact that she was in their church as an endorsement.

Bravo said:
What no one considers though is what IFB church could she attend? At least there she can have some peace. Seems like most big IFB churches would've exploited the fact that she was in their church as an endorsement.

Maybe everytime she stopped at a White Hen Pantry someone would bug her for her autograph.  :)

Guess I'm not a good hacker! :) Plus I now read my paper online!  Is it like a 7-eleven type of store?

kaba said:
What is a White hen Pantry?

Oh, thou 'babe' in Hackerdom, thou novice, thou plebe!
You have much to learn glasshoppa!

kaba said:
Guess I'm not a good hacker! :) Plus I now read my paper online!  Is it like a 7-eleven type of store?

Yes, actually they were bought by 7-eleven years ago.  Some stores converted, some were closed/resold (the one in Crown Point was sold to a local family and changed the name to "the Hen" so they could use the same letters as the old sign, they recently retired and sold it to someone else).  The one on Columbia where Dr. Hyles would stop was sold and bought by some people and renamed similarly.  There is still one on Cicero Ave south of Midway that remains under the White Hen name.

kaba said:

You married the king Hacker and you don't know what White Hen Pantry is???

He was a White Castle man, or Shakeys.

kaba said:

We were Shakey's men!  Dr. Hyles was a White Hen Pantry guy.

RAIDER said:
kaba said:

We were Shakey's men!  Dr. Hyles was a White Hen Pantry guy.

I just love the "deep" things of thinking minds! (probably why I am on here Radar)

BALAAM said:
I just love the "deep" things of thinking minds! (probably why I am on here Radar)

Just putting the jelly on the bottom shelf!  :)

qwerty said:
kaba said:

If you are a good hacker, it is where you buy your Hammond Times.

Isn't it now called the Northwest Indiana Times or some such other perversion of the original texts?  (or is that just the online version?)

patriotic said:
qwerty said:
kaba said:

Isn't it now called the Northwest Indiana Times or some such other perversion of the original texts?  (or is that just the online version?)

Yes, in it's current version it is called that.  There are many that have yet to move the ancient landmarks and we will continue with the old paths.....

And those with hair that remains will continue to paralyze it with a can of Consort so sayeth he.

qwerty said:
patriotic said:
qwerty said:
kaba said:

Yes, in it's current version it is called that.  There are many that have yet to move the ancient landmarks and we will continue with the old paths.....

And those with hair that remains will continue to paralyze it with a can of Consort so sayeth he.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY - men! 

qwerty said:
kaba said:

Yes, actually they were bought by 7-eleven years ago.  Some stores converted, some were closed/resold (the one in Crown Point was sold to a local family and changed the name to "the Hen" so they could use the same letters as the old sign, they recently retired and sold it to someone else).  The one on Columbia where Dr. Hyles would stop was sold and bought by some people and renamed similarly.  There is still one on Cicero Ave south of Midway that remains under the White Hen name.
Don't forget the one on Sheffield, north of the Church.

Anishinabe

IFB X-Files said:
I don't know if this has been posted before but I just got off the phone with a pastor who got a resume from Ken Schapp.  It appears Ken is looking to go into the pastorate.

Ken is going to be pretty disappointed.