PCC Cancels Singers Appearance Because One Is Gay

I’m not sure why you zeroed in on me. Like I often see on here from you, I dish it out when it’s dished to me. I didn’t make it personal to begin with. The chain of posts speak for themselves.
I see you're on the receiving end of the Boor Brigade this time around. Welcome to the club. Appeals to logic and reason shall not avail you.

I see you're on the receiving end of the Boor Brigade this time around. Welcome to the club. Appeals to logic and reason shall not avail you.
It’s okay, I’ve never been a big fan of groupthink anyways.

Enough of the feigned-outrage game. If he’s offended, I’ll apologize, but I don’t owe you one. Find a hobby other than looking for offense in trivial PG-rated expressions.
You're being an ass, Huk..plain and simple.

You're being an ass, Huk..plain and simple.I hope there’s lots
You're being an ass, Huk..plain and simple.
Joe - I didn’t ask for your opinion. Quit attempting to stir the pot. I hope there’s tons of faux outrage directed at Joe for using the word @ss on here.

Last edited:
Joe - I didn’t ask for your opinion. Quit attempting to stir the pot. I hope there’s tons of faux outrage directed at Joe for using the word @ss on here.
Wow...you really ARE going off the rails, aren't you? Hypocrite much? Take a chill pill, dude.

You really are attempting to stir the pot. He’s probably been more Christlike than some people I’ve seen on here.
Only if he's your "sock-puppet." You're name truly Aaron?

Huck, I do think it was a rude way to say I'm old enough to be your father or maybe your grandfather. It did not offend me at all, I hear 100 times worse nearly every day. That being said I see this forum as a oasis from the crude and vulgar world I live and work in. Just yesterday, at an intersection, I heard the most vile, filthy language from the car next to me and it must have been at full volume. Some hip hop group on the radio I presume. I come here expecting to disagree, but I always hope we do it in a civil way.

Sometime Ranson and others can be very dogmatic in their views and extremely harsh in their responses, but it's almost always civil. On a Christian forum I prefer we argue in a way that non-Christians who lurk here or visit would see a difference. Nothing you said was sinful or necessarily wrong but If my unsaved neighbor would think it was a bit crude then this is not the place.

Of course this is just my opinion and my view, but I tend to be right 100% of the time. That's why I fit in here so well. That's why I feel at home.

Trust me, one profile is plenty for me on here. I have no interest in a second.
I'll have to take your word on it. Wow...a civil response. Thanks. Now, maybe things can get back to normal.

Huck, I do think it was a rude way to say I'm old enough to be your father or maybe your grandfather. It did not offend me at all, I hear 100 times worse nearly every day. That being said I see this forum as a oasis from the crude and vulgar world I live and work in. Just yesterday, at an intersection, I heard the most vile, filthy language from the car next to me and it must have been at full volume. Some hip hop group on the radio I presume. I come here expecting to disagree, but I always hope we do it in a civil way.

Sometime Ranson and others can be very dogmatic in their views and extremely harsh in their responses, but it's almost always civil. On a Christian forum I prefer we argue in a way that non-Christians who lurk here or visit would see a difference. Nothing you said was sinful or necessarily wrong but If my unsaved neighbor would think it was a bit crude then this is not the place.

Of course this is just my opinion and my view, but I tend to be right 100% of the time. That's why I fit in here so well. That's why I feel at home.
Thanks for sharing.

This will be my final comment on this subject. I’m sorry to anyone who responds, but I will not speak further on this subject because at this point, people who were not involved, are now inserting themselves as subjects.

I apologize to ZB for my poor choice of words. I was trying to be comical with the expression and wasn’t attempting to be crude, but I realize now it came across that way. Given the fact that he had just become a member within a few minutes of his posting, and the fact that he was very unclear with his communications (which he admitted), I directed words at him that shouldn’t have been typed. (I’ve already apologized to him for the mistake.)

I’m not apologizing for my stance regarding the PCC debacle. They were knowingly hiring a secular a cappella group for a non-ministry performance. I believe singling out one gay guy and canceling the performance two hours before the performance was a bad look for them and made a non-story into an international story, especially since they’ve hired this same group twice before. That’s just my opinion though, which obviously doesn’t amount to a hill of beans. Obviously, PCC has the legal right to do what they think is best, and they made that decision for their students and faculty.

Since I now have people questioning if I’m a sock puppet, feel free to contact Ransom to clarify your concerns. I have one profile and have zero interest in making a second sock puppet account. Like everyone, sometimes events in life can impact my mood. I wasn’t having a very good couple of days recently, and those life events impacted my emotions (both online and offline). Say what you will about Ekkk, but he’s correct about the fact that sometimes there’s a bit of a mob mentality on this forum, and I definitely felt that vibe. I need to do better, but others do as well, especially those who are supposed to be held (Biblically) to a higher standard. I asked in an earlier post: Would Jesus make sport of it? Regardless of what others do, I’m responsible for me, and I’ll try to do better.

If this were a Catholic forum, I’d personally order each of you to fetch a whip and immediately commence the act of self-flagellation until your conscience was satisfied.

What kind of testimony is it to the unsaved gay guy to cancel his group’s booking two hours before the show because of what he does in his private life? Would the same be done to a straight guy living with a girl out of wedlock?
That is an interesting question.

This will be my final comment on this subject. I’m sorry to anyone who responds, but I will not speak further on this subject because at this point, people who were not involved, are now inserting themselves as subjects.

I apologize to ZB for my poor choice of words. I was trying to be comical with the expression and wasn’t attempting to be crude, but I realize now it came across that way. Given the fact that he had just become a member within a few minutes of his posting, and the fact that he was very unclear with his communications (which he admitted), I directed words at him that shouldn’t have been typed. (I’ve already apologized to him for the mistake.)

I’m not apologizing for my stance regarding the PCC debacle. They were knowingly hiring a secular a cappella group for a non-ministry performance. I believe singling out one gay guy and canceling the performance two hours before the performance was a bad look for them and made a non-story into an international story, especially since they’ve hired this same group twice before. That’s just my opinion though, which obviously doesn’t amount to a hill of beans. Obviously, PCC has the legal right to do what they think is best, and they made that decision for their students and faculty.

Since I now have people questioning if I’m a sock puppet, feel free to contact Ransom to clarify your concerns. I have one profile and have zero interest in making a second sock puppet account. Like everyone, sometimes events in life can impact my mood. I wasn’t having a very good couple of days recently, and those life events impacted my emotions (both online and offline). Say what you will about Ekkk, but he’s correct about the fact that sometimes there’s a bit of a mob mentality on this forum, and I definitely felt that vibe. I need to do better, but others do as well, especially those who are supposed to be held (Biblically) to a higher standard. I asked in an earlier post: Would Jesus make sport of it? Regardless of what others do, I’m responsible for me, and I’ll try to do better.

Good on you for this apology and clarifying response👍🏻

As far as the main issue of PCC’s cancellation of the group are you saying their choice was wrong mainly because they made it with only hours before the performance, or would you say that they shouldn’t have cancelled them regardless of when they discovered that the group had a flamboyant homosexual?

I think good people can be put in a place of not knowing what to do....and they may make a wrong choice or they could be right in what they've done. I'd let God decide.

I do wonder though. THEY KNEW this was a secular group or so it's been said by others here?

Wikipedia though says they do mixtures of different music, pop, jazz and spiritual arrangements. To say they knew they were secular....or should have....well it's hard to tell what they should have known. Are they really a Christian group of singers having a part of their concerts some secular pieces....or are they really Non-Christian and just playing some spiritual music. And I'm sure some of them would never maybe want to have to be defined as non Christian.....even though they may not be in the way we consider someone a Christian.

So the leaders of the school I think we're dealing with a group that they weren't sure how to define. Just what are they? It is kind of complex. Were they hiring them on to do spiritual arrangements? I hired on a man to play on the bag pipes Amazing Grace at funeral. He did a great job and many were in tears. Should I have asked him though on his world view about the subject we're talking about here? Should that have determined if I'd hire him? I just heard was a professional at what he does and was highly recommended. He was good.

But somebody says this was a Christian school in the topic here. Yes. Complex issue for you're wanting what you consider to be ministry if you've hired him for spiritual arrangements that their lifestyle matches. Maybe another point of showing empathy to the school leaders. People say they should have known they're secular....or known about each member of the group. Wikipedia says this is about a 6 person vocalist group and the singers are changing all the time. The original members of The King's Singers aren't even in it so it seems to be totally revolving who is a singer.....maybe even from month to month. Perhaps one needs a break and the bring in another competent singers right a way. Would be hard for the school to have all this updated information about everything.

As far as the main issue of PCC’s cancellation of the group are you saying their choice was wrong mainly because they made it with only hours before the performance, or would you say that they shouldn’t have cancelled them regardless of when they discovered that the group had a flamboyant homosexual?
You were talking to another here but I think one of the greatest issues now for the school is for the one's IN THE SCHOOL who approve or disapprove of the decision is to show grace towards their leaders. Whether some felt they did wrong I think they did their level best to do what they felt was in the best interests of the students. All there should disagree without being disagreeable and not allow strife or contention to have any place within them. Walking in love, endeavoring to keep peace and showing forbearance is the issue I think more important to God. When strife gets in the devil gets in.

I do wonder though. THEY KNEW this was a secular group or so it's been said by others here?
They’re a Grammy Award winning group from Cambridge University (public school) in England. They’ve been around for over fifty years and the singers do rotate every few years it appears. Other than singing an occasional spiritual classic, I can find nothing “Christian” about the group.