silly

I have never met anyone who counts only the time "confronting the lost" for their "SW" hours each week.

Fact is the best people to go out with were the staff cause they always had "errands" to run and knew the longest routes to get where they were going therefore killing the most time.

Walt said:
Just me said:
Straight from the OBC Catalog:

Soul Winning
Soul winning is defined as confrontational witnessing to unsaved people.  All students are required to go soul winning every week.  Preacher boys are required to go soul winning a minimum of 5 hours a week.  All other students are required to go soul winning a minimum of 2 hours each week.  This requirement is in effect each semester and summer session for all students.
Required soul winning hours are to be done on Thursday or Saturday.  Any deviation from this rule must be approved by the student's department head or dorm supervisor.

So, this is a rule that is probably widely ignored - because most everyone I know doesn't merely count the time doing "confrontational witnessing to unsaved people"; they include all the other times.

For example: Thursday soul-winning time is 7pm.  We show up at 7pm, listen to a 10-minute, uh, "encouragement", drive 20 minutes to our designated area, knock doors for 10 minutes - 3 people answered the door; none of them wanted to talk to us.  We then drive back to the church (20 minutes).  Have we "gone soul-winning" for an hour?  Every church I've ever been in would say so.  However, according to the catalog, since we talked to no one, we have spent an hour of time, but have done 0 minutes of soul-wininng.

If we can count the time merely doing activities, can we drive for an hour to reach a destination, knock 1 door, and drive an hour back, and claim we spent 2 hours "soul-winning"??

Hey many people even counted the 2-3 hours that would be spent many times passing out political information for candidates endorsed by WHBC. Such a waste of time for the college students.

Also Saturday was used to get items from the store for the bus and many times for the girls personal. Since they couldn't ever get out of the dorm without 400 people going with them Saturday was a perfect time to do that sort of thing.

I can guarantee not a single college student to ever walk through those doors did 5 hours of true confrontational soulwinning a week. It's just not possible as a college student.

Maybe this is why so many people left (Tatiyana Rupe, THE Jesse Jackson, Joel McCarty) but Caleb remained faithful and loyal and you could tell Caleb looks like he came out of a time machine from the 1950's America. He's pulling America.

Based on this 2007 press photo of the Melodies-Ambassadors, they did adhere to Jim Vineyard's 1950's dress style. Sad that Jesse Jackson is now a soy boy liberal who worships Joe Biden. He used to be a Preacher Boy, now's a he a professional bodybuilder but Caleb G. (The Triple O.G.) is a World Famous Evangelist and can recite word for word the OBC Student Handbook and he's Pulling America.

OBC.jpg