So close your eyes and tell me.......

fishinnut said:
I see a landline phone next to the pastor.

Don't forget the landline on the organ bench?..and the organist talking on the landline while
playing the organ with one hand!

I remember getting to church late on a Sunday night and having to sit under the balcony, on the first floor in the teenage section sometime in the late 70s.  I could hardly hear the preaching with all the low voice talking, everyone passing notes &  clowning around .

tobytyler said:
fishinnut said:
I see a landline phone next to the pastor.

Don't forget the landline on the organ bench?..and the organist talking on the landline while
playing the organ with one hand!
Were they talking to each other? Or was he calling the sound booth to get the score of the Cowboy's games?

fishinnut said:
I remember getting to church late on a Sunday night and having to sit under the balcony, on the first floor in the teenage section sometime in the late 70s.  I could hardly hear the preaching with all the low voice talking, everyone passing notes &  clowning around .

Did you turn around and yell, "You stinkin HBers!!!!"

I see HAC students spread throughout the church auditorium 45 minutes before the Wednesday evening service reading Blue Denim and Lace for a Church Ed assignment.

I see multi colored gold carpeting.

I can see the water fountain in the hall that only had enough water pressure to form a small stream. 

Teri in NC said:
This is still my favorite thread on this forum.

Started by your favorite poster!

Counting ceiling tiles. Wondering if we'd hit the DQ on Kennedy on way out of Hammond.

RAIDER said:
I can see the water fountain in the hall that only had enough water pressure to form a small stream.
Until some HBer put gum in there to "help" it...

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

Phooey-dini said:
Counting ceiling tiles. Wondering if we'd hit the DQ on Kennedy on way out of Hammond.
That cherry Mr. Misty Kiss ain't gonna eat itself, is it?

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

I see a derelict parking garage that looks like it survived an H bomb blast.

bgwilkinson said:
prophet said:
kaba said:
Once in awhile I will have nightmares about that place!! Loved it when they finally made a place for resting, tons of mirrors and lots of toilets!!
Those weird inbetween-the-floors under-the P.A.booth restrooms were the worst.

I remember, whenever I had to paint them, over hearing Randy Ericson asking the custodians if anyone had an idea about getting rid of that horrible smell.

The bus kids plugged and over flowed the toilets regularly and the watery slimy mess soaked through the floors and down onto the drop ceiling in the ground floor hall way. Many times dripping onto the carpeted hallway floor below. There were numbers on the ground floor drop ceiling indicating where each toilet was located so as to expedite the unplugging operation. If you walked in the hall below you could get a free shower.

Oh the stink.
Tears in my eyes! :D

switcher said:
Harriet Goodloe coming in late and JH singing "here she comes, Miss America . . ."
Anyone remember when Harriet passed away?

RAIDER said:
RAIDER said:
If I close my eyes this time of year and think of HAC I can't help but remember bus calling in the cold and snow.  It was very rare that bus calling was cancelled.

Do any of you remember being invited to eat supper on a Saturday evening with a bus family.  I do believe it was against the rules, but boy were those tacos great!
I never knew it was against the rules! :p