Standards of dress

RAIDER said:
Smellin Coffee said:
RAIDER said:
Watch t.v. commercials.  In many commercials watch what the gals are dressed like.  The advertisers know what they are doing.  A Godly man will turn away.  An ungodly man will watch and lust.  Are the gals suppose to go guilt free because men are not to look?

And look at how their BEHAVIOR is, their body language. Sexism in commercials is intentional and it isn't just the attire attempting to tease.

Do most men have problems lusting when they show highlights of Olympic swimmers coming in and out of a pool? I have one friend who says it bothers him but in general, the response is, why would it be an issue?

Oh, I agree. For example, I won't watch Victoria Secret commercials and do turn away. But we know the intent. And yes, the girls SHOULD "go guilt free" when it comes to my opinion. It is between them and God. I am responsible for my own personal behavior.

We will definitely agree to disagree on this one.  I am anxious to see what some of the gals have to say.  You may have a following.  :)

I would like to add this: do what you believe God would have you do in this matter. If you believe such attire would lead you or anyone from your family away from God, then by all means do what you think is right. But please realize that others who may not have the same struggles or beliefs who love and follow Christ and might come to a different conclusion. In regards, it is between us and God as well.

God will work it all out in the end. :)

Smellin Coffee said:
RAIDER said:
Smellin Coffee said:
RAIDER said:
Watch t.v. commercials.  In many commercials watch what the gals are dressed like.  The advertisers know what they are doing.  A Godly man will turn away.  An ungodly man will watch and lust.  Are the gals suppose to go guilt free because men are not to look?

And look at how their BEHAVIOR is, their body language. Sexism in commercials is intentional and it isn't just the attire attempting to tease.

Do most men have problems lusting when they show highlights of Olympic swimmers coming in and out of a pool? I have one friend who says it bothers him but in general, the response is, why would it be an issue?

Oh, I agree. For example, I won't watch Victoria Secret commercials and do turn away. But we know the intent. And yes, the girls SHOULD "go guilt free" when it comes to my opinion. It is between them and God. I am responsible for my own personal behavior.

We will definitely agree to disagree on this one.  I am anxious to see what some of the gals have to say.  You may have a following.  :)

I would like to add this: do what you believe God would have you do in this matter. If you believe such attire would lead you or anyone from your family away from God, then by all means do what you think is right. But please realize that others who may not have the same struggles or beliefs who love and follow Christ and might come to a different conclusion. In regards, it is between us and God as well.

God will work it all out in the end. :)

I appreciate that.  I have known many people through the years that "looked down" on people who did not share their dress and entertainment standards.  While there may have been a time when I bordered on that thought pattern, I never got fully caught up in it. 

On the FFF when I defend a position to which I hold some automatically toss me into the "looking down on others" category.  While I defend my beliefs and try to illustrate, I am truly not in that category.  While I believe Biblical standards and convictions are a way to honor God there are far more weightier matters.

This makes for an interesting thread.

RAIDER said:
rsc2a said:
RAIDER said:
rsc2a said:
All woman should wear burkas and it's still their fault if the man has an Arabian Nights fetish.

Once again, you add a new level of stupidity.
Once again, you run to Law and away from grace. Jesus calls people like that hypocrites and white washed tombs. Paul says they will then be judged by their Law.

You want make a difference? Stop paying so much attention to clothing and start paying more to how you can help others who are broken and hurting.

You are a scorner and a critic.  You have no idea what I do to help the broken and hurting.  You aren't worth the time for me to list the missions, boy's homes, and orphanages with which I am involved.  You have painted all IFB with a broad brush.

I haven't painted "all of the IFB" with anything. I'm sure there are great IFB churches loving Jesus by loving others that I've never heard of.

What I am critical of is people who make "true Christianity" about pants on women, bible translations, CCM, and outward shows of piety instead of about grace, mercy, and love.

rsc2a said:
I haven't painted "all of the IFB" with anything. I'm sure there are great IFB churches loving Jesus by loving others that I've never heard of.

What I am critical of is people who make "true Christianity" about pants on women, bible translations, CCM, and outward shows of piety instead of about grace, mercy, and love.

There are a lot of good IFB churches and pastors "that you've never heard of".  You are critical because you are a scorner.  You show no grace, mercy, and love.  Anyone who reads your posts can see that.  I will give you this - you are consistent.

Vince, is that you?

rsc2a said:
Vince, is that you?

Don't think so. References seem to indicate it was in the 80s after Vince left Hammond in the 70s.

It's poking fun of his cry of 'scorner!'

rsc2a said:

So someone else has given you the title also?

rsc2a said:

Oh, I thought you were talking about the new guy on the other post. Sorry. Carry on!

RAIDER said:
Smellin Coffee said:
RAIDER said:
Smellin Coffee said:
RAIDER said:

"A following"? I DO share a birthday with Kevin Bacon though he is 8 years older... :)

Now there's a bizarre show!

I don't watch worldly shows like that. I have standards!  8)

I know Someone who was dressed extremely immodestly when He gave the ultimate gift, His life. And His Father was pleased. I don't think it is all about what we are wearing...or, not wearing.

subllibrm said:
RAIDER said:
Smellin Coffee said:
"A following"? I DO share a birthday with Kevin Bacon though he is 8 years older... :)

But you can't miss the commercials!  :)

Now there's a bizarre show!

I don't watch worldly shows like that. I have standards!  8)

rsc2a said:
I believe "true Christianity" is most certainly about grace, mercy, and love.

"For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age." (Titus 2:11,12)

"Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us..." (Titus 3:5)

"If you love Me, keep My commandments." (John 14:15)

You need to learn the difference between someone who has personal standards of holiness and someone who is a Pharisee.

If I have a standard that helps me walk closer to God, that shouldn't bother you one bit. If I tell you that you must hold to that standard to be right with God, then I am a Pharisee.

Every woman who chooses not to wear pants is not a Pharisee; nor is every woman who wears pants backslidden.

Yet Raider is pushing his own standards by saying people who dont follow them are ungodly. See also: Pharisee.

Citadel of Truth said:
You need to learn the difference between someone who has personal standards of holiness and someone who is a Pharisee.

If I have a standard that helps me walk closer to God, that shouldn't bother you one bit. If I tell you that you must hold to that standard to be right with God, then I am a Pharisee.

Every woman who chooses not to wear pants is not a Pharisee; nor is every woman who wears pants backslidden.

Thank you

RAIDER said:
Citadel of Truth said:

Thank you

And if they do wear them they can't teach Sunday school.............?????? :eek:

Bruh said:
RAIDER said:
Citadel of Truth said:

Thank you

And if they do wear them they can't teach Sunday school.............?????? :eek:

There are plenty of woman who wear pants that teach SS.

Why is it if I CHOOSE to wear dresses and skirts that I am a Pharisee but if another CHOOSES to wear pants she is FREEEEEEEE?
I am FREEEEEEEEEEE in Christ to wear my dresses too.  Just the truth.

SwampHag said:
Why is it if I CHOOSE to wear dresses and skirts that I am a Pharisee but if another CHOOSES to wear pants she is FREEEEEEEE?

I agree.

SwampHag said:

Come on!!!!!